Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[VL-01] Halo: The Battle Of Reach Mafia: Mafia-SK TIE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
959 replies to this topic

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

Something else I am curious about: Why was there no incident last night? Is there a logical reason for the baddies to keep us around? Are there non-violent actions that the baddies could have taken last night such as intel gathering that we may be unaware of?

There are lots of reasons why there might not have been a kill. Doctor could have stopped it. Killer could have been role blocked. Maybe the target was bullet proof. Maybe the target commuted.

And yeah there are plenty of non killing actions scum also have. They can role cop, block actions, frame people, etc. Wayyy to many possibilities to list. Basically just go on mafiascum.net and look at the list of potential mafia roles and you can see all the possible night actions they could do.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346180
  • Squadron:Kilo

I'm a town, so for me choice is obvious...though I imagine for rest of you not so much, since MK will 100% say the same thing. I can't really throw an argument against him (apart from his strange vote on Lyner) since it's just a beginning of D2 and we had no real discussion. 

I trust Brewers claim, since if he was a scum he surely would not want to sacrifice himself at the very begining of the game. Interesting though, apart from me and MK, Brewers revelation will also have an impact on Rafay and Lyner, since it's unlikely (especially for Rafay) that they'll be in the same team. 

vote MK

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:

I don't believe that Brewers' story is made up so it's best to take the 50-50 chance on either AbT or MK.

That's interesting opinion. So you believe that MK's vote for Lyner was a perfectly normal behaviour for a town and it does not tilt those chances at all?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067

I don't believe that Brewers' story is made up so it's best to take the 50-50 chance on either AbT or MK.

That's interesting opinion. So you believe that MK's vote for Lyner was a perfectly normal behaviour for a town and it does not tilt those chances at all?

I assume you're actually questioning the fact that Kevin chose to vote for you over MK and not the part you quoted here?

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:

I'm asking about his 50-50 numbers

I can't question his vote. He does what he wants. I can question his explanation though.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118

Well what a great day. We didnt mis lynch nor did we have a night kill. The mafia are either inactive af or incompetent af.

Not gonna lie, What is going on b/w AbT and MK. I have no idea. Can someone explain please.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

I don't view Lord MK's vote for Lyner as suspicious.

I only voted for Ali bin Turban because Brewers had just voted for Lord MK and I wanted to balance things out.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Well what a great day. We didnt mis lynch nor did we have a night kill. The mafia are either inactive af or incompetent af.

Not gonna lie, What is going on b/w AbT and MK. I have no idea. Can someone explain please.

Brewers said he was given a role that allowed him to choose two players before the game started and he would learn whether they had the same alignment or not (but not what their actual alignments are). He chose ABT and MK and was told that their alignments are not the same which should mean that at least one of these two have an anti-town role. Now we need to figure out which.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118

Brewers said he was given a role that allowed him to choose two players before the game started and he would learn whether they had the same alignment or not (but not what their actual alignments are). He chose ABT and MK and was told that their alignments are not the same which should mean that at least one of these two have an anti-town role. Now we need to figure out which.

Thanks.

Well this is harder than completely not knowing. 

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

Uhh how?  how is knowing either mk or abt is not town harder than having no clue who is or isnt town lol

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552285
  • Discord ID:lilweirdward

Uhh how? how is knowing either mk or abt is not town harder than having no clue who is or isnt town lol

Now he has to decide really early on whether to bus his scum partner or not 🙄

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Uhh how? how is knowing either mk or abt is not town harder than having no clue who is or isnt town lol

I’m not sure I understand that either.

@Rafay - Assuming Brewers is telling the truth we basically have a 50/50 chance of hitting scum today and if not today we will tomorrow. That seems significantly less difficult than not knowing anything.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

he is the goat.  his mind doesnt work like ours 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Torres951

Torres951

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,927 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621288
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Torres951

That sounds like some hefty evidence

Vote: MK

Once upon a time there was a lovely princess. But she had an enchantment upon her of a fearful sort, which could only be broken by Love's first kiss. She was locked away in a castle guarded by a terrible fire breathing dragon. Many brave knights had attempted to free her from this dreadful prison, but none prevailed. She waited in the dragon's keep in the highest room of the tallest tower for her true love and true love's first kiss.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503943
  • Souls Baptized:2,946,004

Dammit, I was all set to vote for Rafay too.

I have no feeling on either of them right now.  Both are playing like they normally do.

I don't feel a need right now to balance out the voting....but I'm trying to figure out who my vote should go to.

Finster Baby
Acme States
Proud to be the 5th IRON President.
Happily Retired. Here we go again...

IRON Minister of Defence. That means I get to play with the big guns! :D
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

I'm asking about his 50-50 numbers

I can't question his vote. He does what he wants. I can question his explanation though.

I've been thinking and this is kind of a weird thing to push someone on. I can imagine how to you this doesn't seem 50/50 since you're confirmed to not be the same alignment as MK, and you would obviously know your own alignment, but we don't know anything other than that you both have different alignments. We can have theories and stuff, but without any additional information, we really can't do better than 50/50 odds in guessing which of you is scum. This of course assumes that you're not both scum, which is possible but not the most likely option at this time.

I guess it's fine to defend yourself or help push the case against MK, but I don't get why you'd question someone on why they're not more confident about alignments than any other townie could be at this point.

he is the goat. his mind doesnt work like ours

This made me LOL

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
I honestly don't know.

One side I vote for MK and he possibly gets lynched in two games. While I was spot on in other, may seem cruel to vote him and lynch him here too.

ABT, I mean could be scum. Arguments on them saying to lynch the other are pointless. As abt said. "MK going to say he's town". Witch is true. Only thing is we can go off claims to see if we believe it. Doing what tw says is more bullying then anything. Cause then we might as well do it to everyone, get everyone to claim one by one. By forming countless wagons on people. Soon you'll get to a town member who dosent want to claim. Cause maybe they are a doc. If neither are willing to claim in this situation. So be it. However whoever is town has a target on there back as a confirmed town is dangerous to scum. So it makes an interesting and hard experience. Brewers and with ABT or MK, will have targets on them regardless.

So idk. MK probably going to have low activity so who knows if he'll even post.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• Military - Foxtrot Officers
  • 1,282 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600658
  • Souls Baptized:139,694
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:captainjf

I would hate to vote someone out on a 50/50 shot...but if it must be done, and they are willing, the greater good must be taken into account. I also just want to mention that we are taking Brewers word as pure fact here. Is there any possibility that this story is somehow a fabrication regardless of how elaborate it is?

Posted Image

"Thought I'd Try Shooting My Way Out—Mix Things Up A Little."

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wolfpacks

Wolfpacks

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,508 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492737
  • Souls Baptized:Retired
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Wolfpacks
Im not sure about the 50/50 shot ive personally never seen it before, but it seems I have a choice either Abt or MK as I have no reads on anybody just yet, but ill hold my vote for a little longer so I can see more.

For continued dedication and tenacity, as a warrior and as military officer. Wolfpacks has been fighting both in this war and the last with complete abandon, he has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.Without members like you IRON would be less of an alliance. Well done.
Wolfpacks has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

NAAC Will Never Be Forgotten
Ero Sum Ideo Vici

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

I would hate to vote someone out on a 50/50 shot...but if it must be done, and they are willing, the greater good must be taken into account. I also just want to mention that we are taking Brewers word as pure fact here. Is there any possibility that this story is somehow a fabrication regardless of how elaborate it is?

It's absolutely a possibility. The reason most are taking it more seriously is not only because it's elaborate, but because he's not gaining much if he is making it up. At worst, we would spend two days lynching AbT and MK, only to realize that both of them were town the whole time, which would basically guarantee that brewers gets lynched next. With 16 players still alive, there's just no reason for him to put himself in that position right now.

Also, I know you're new, but one thing to get used to is that votes are very rarely sure things in mafia. 50/50 is pretty good odds, especially this early in the game. Usually you'll either be very unsure who to vote for because there's no way to tell who's story is real and who's is made up, or even if you get to 50/50 odds, it's not until the end of the game where being wrong means you lose. Right now there's relatively low risk to being wrong (there is some, mainly that one of the two is an important town PR like cop or doctor, but it's not likely with so many still alive), and having a good chance to get scum with our first kill is a huge advantage for town.

TL;DR: Don't trust anyone 100%, but don't wait until you're 100% sure you're right because you'll be waiting all game lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter