Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[MK-6] Switch - SK wins

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
612 replies to this topic

Ferastical

Ferastical

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,213 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:603712
  • Souls Baptized:😵
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Ferastically

I actually want to vote Brewers but I see you've been reading for awhile so I'm scared that we might accidentally end the day lol

Did you see that you removed your vote 1 minute after FB placed it? So technically Tony is dead now, if we're playing by the rules.

A new signature is currently under construction.

The previous signature caused multiple visual errors to users with different screen resolutions.

We humbly apologize.

Fermandia Inc.

© 2021

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604
  • Squadron:Kilo

Tony is at 4?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552285
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:lilweirdward
Yeah we need 5 to lynch

Ferastical

Ferastical

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,213 posts
  • Resources:

Tony is at 4?

For that 1 minute, he was at 5, yes.

Oh wait, yeah, he's on 3 now, fake alert

Guess I can't do simple arithmetic

Thank god mate, I was about to pass out

The previous signature caused multiple visual errors to users with different screen resolutions.

We humbly apologize.

Fermandia Inc.

© 2021

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
This is wild, I honestly don't know which way to go. I'll leave my vote where it is for now, but I'm considering taking it off. The hardest thing for me is that I directly asked Tony what his result was twice, both times reiterating that there was a chance his original claim was correct and more believable, but he went so far as to even say he checked and MK must have been wrong. I'm not surprised he's changing his story again, and it's not completely unbelievable that he lied to avoid sounding suspicious (when he should've not done that of course), but I just can't get around it. It's blatant evidence of story fabrication.

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275
Vote Count

Brewersalliance (4): Dontavian, Tony, Velocity, Ferastical
Tony Maurice (3): Brewers, lww, Baby
Velocity (0):
Ferastical (0):
Lyner (0):
lilweirdward (0):
Dontavian (0):
Finster Baby (0):

No Lynch (0):

Not voting: Limey

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch or 3 at deadline.
Deadline is Wednesday, November 25 at 0000 UTC.

No one had reached 5 votes, Ferastical
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ferastical

Ferastical

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,213 posts
  • Resources:

Thank you, I needed that 

We humbly apologize.

Fermandia Inc.

© 2021

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
I know Dontavian got all pissy at several people telling him that role claiming VT was dumb (it was), but he's been surprisingly absent since being the first person to vote brewers before Tony's RC even came out. Interested to hear his thoughts. Also don't know how I feel about Finster trying to pile on brewers without justifying his vote. Definitely interesting.

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:611169
  • Discord ID:Velocity

I know Dontavian got all pissy at several people telling him that role claiming VT was dumb (it was), but he's been surprisingly absent since being the first person to vote brewers before Tony's RC even came out. Interested to hear his thoughts. Also don't know how I feel about Finster trying to pile on brewers without justifying his vote. Definitely interesting.

Finster voted for Tony, not brewers, if that’s what you meant to say..

Only click if you're Tony Maurice, thanks!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Velocity   

(it's lonely here by myself)

Finster Baby
     Sent Today, 09:48 AM

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
Oh yep, good catch. Sorry it's still early for me lol.

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275
Post Count

brewersalliance 56 (20)
lilweirdward 50 (17)
Tony Maurice 47 (19)
Finster Baby 37 (6) - orange
Dontavian 34 (7)
Ferastical 30 (8)
Lyner 28 (10)
Velocity 17 (8)
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503943
  • Souls Baptized:2,946,004

Thank you, I needed that 

I wouldn't have voted to hammer him.  My vote brought Tony to 4.

Finster Baby
Acme States
Proud to be the 5th IRON President.
Happily Retired. Here we go again...

IRON Minister of Defence. That means I get to play with the big guns! :D
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604

Yesterday FB was saying that it's too soon to hammer but today he jumps in right after I voted Tony, so yeah very scummy move there.

Alright if nobody changed his mind soon I'm pretty sure Brewers is going to be lynched.

So, assuming Tony is cop and brewers is scum, some food for thought:

Assuming SK has town protection:

• It's in SK's best interest to get investigated by cop so SK might not kill Tony. Mafia would still try to kill cop. 

Assuming SK has mafia protection:

• Both Mafia & SK might target cop. Would be great for us if their target overlaps (only one dead) or if both sides are afraid of overlapping targets (Tony can secure another player tomorrow).

Another thought:

Doc will be shutdown from tonight since there will only be one scum left and SK can shut it down, so there is probably a merit for Doc to RC early tomorrow, acting as semi innocent child instead.

Of course all this relies on Brewers being our scum. If Tony is actually fooling us all along then town will most likely lose anyway, unless scums are gunning each other (which is unlikely).

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

1. The latter part of LWWs claim is true. When I remembered my investigation I tried to take away anyone elses belief I thought he was suspicious in my next post here.

2. Out of all the confusion, yes I did get brewers as mafia. When I made my post it was a while after I read the result so I just put what i remembered- he was mafia. Then brewers started confusing me saying I wouldn't get a factional result so I posted that he was still not town. THen I check my PM and realise it says mafia. Well at that point I am in until LWW points out the hole in my story, I just play a long because I thought at the time the change would be too suspicious. Well now I realise, I just want to tell the truth. Town can see it as is and realise what I did is suspicious, I just ask for your trust. I was just trying to convince everyone I am the cop and that brewers is scum which is true. 

tony is literally admitting that he is constantly changing the results just to go along with the flow of the conversation.  he has lied multiple times.  i havent lied once about anything this entire game.  i dont understand why you guys are going oh he lied but thats okay.  as kevinH would say "lynch all liars"  

he keeps changing his results because he was caught in a lie.  he never got a result on me.  but hey, if you want to trust tony who obviously cannot keep his story straight, be my guest.  i dont really think there is much more than can be said.  you either vote for tony who cant keep his story straight or you vote for me because tony, whos changing his story just to make it fit with what the town thinks is the truth.

in all my years playing mafia, this has to be one of the most absurd things ive ever seen.  you have a player admitting to constantly changing what he got for his "cop results"  just to make it fit with what the town thinks they should be.  its BEYOND obvious he is lying!  He admitted to lying.  he admitted to framing his results to fit what LWW was saying.  if he was telling the truth he never would have needed to do that.  He would have said, no my results said mafia.  instead this happened.

Tony, if you're reading this: please clarify exactly the result you got on brewers as it will just about make or break whether or not I believe your claim.

and tony responds with this

LWW, I just want to confirm that I just got a result saying he was not town. 

and this

@LWW if through error or not, I am not sure but the MKs post to me does not indicate a faction. I’ll ask in my PM if I can get one

thenk MK confirms his post where he said they will get town/sk/mafia

Votes start coming in on tony.  His lie is busted.  He has no choice but to throw up a hail marry, say he was lying the entire time and just playing along with it.  

i dont think this can be any easier.  He straight up confirmed MULTIPLE times he got no faction result on me, and then when the mod comes out and says yes you would have and multiple players quote MKs post showing he should have got a faction on me he goes just kidding guys i really got mafia on brewers.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Dontavian

Dontavian

Tempered IRON

• FA|Diplomat
  • 1,816 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:616887
  • Souls Baptized:5,010,619
  • Discord ID:Donstar5750

Nothing to add since I basically answered you on page 21, https://ironcentral.org/community/topic/64970-mk-6-switch-day-3/?p=1022515. My position on brewers hasn’t changed for the reasons previously stated. I’ve been keeping up with TM and brewers back and forth, but not posting for the sake of posting because for some reason in this game the focus on me is being a dumb noob, and somehow being pissy when I defend my action. WTF would I want to banter or try to contribute when that’s the response? If I have something definitive to post, I will, otherwise I’ll keep up with the thread. If the Mod has an issue with my post count, he can take me Mod Kill me.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

Of course all this relies on Brewers being our scum. If Tony is actually fooling us all along then town will most likely lose anyway, unless scums are gunning each other (which is unlikely).

tony has changed his story three or four times.  how many more times does he have to do it before enough is enough.  tony fooling you once,  shame on him. tony changing his story what, 3 or 4 times and still fooling you? well you know how the saying goes

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

Nothing to add since I basically answered you on page 21, https://ironcentral.org/community/topic/64970-mk-6-switch-day-3/?p=1022515. My position on brewers hasn’t changed for the reasons previously stated. I’ve been keeping up with TM and brewers back and forth, but not posting for the sake of posting because for some reason in this game the focus on me is being a dumb noob, and somehow being pissy when I defend my action. WTF would I want to banter or try to contribute when that’s the response? If I have something definitive to post, I will, otherwise I’ll keep up with the thread. If the Mod has an issue with my post count, he can take me Mod Kill me.

so your sole reason for voting for me is that i pointed out that its typically a new scum player wants to appear super towny.  its actually called "Look at me, I am so Town"

per the wiki

"Look at me, I'm so town!" (+1.0)

It's the so-called LAMIST tell and it's still relevant enough to have its own acronym! Newbscum usually are very concerned with 'looking good' to avoid falling under suspicion, but don't know how to fake-scumhunt. Instead, they will do things like pushing the lurkers to contribute, trying to "resuscitate" them by voting them, asking for reads on themselves, talking a lot about the game itself (this is called IIoA), claiming they are doing anything in their power to get information.

so i had a reason to point that out.  its a typical scum tell.  

i get being frustrated at being called out for it, but with everything going on, it would be nice of you to at least weigh in on the tony and me thing, and not just saying you are voting for me because i pointed out your actions at the start of the day is a VERY common scum tell

i just want to know how anyone here can actually go, okay I trust tony, even tho he ADMITTED to changing his story just to go along with what people are saying.  Its pretty clear he is the town

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

Ive played a lot of mafia and I have never once seen a game where people are so willing to just go, oh i know you lied like four times and changed your story just to fit what people are saying but okay cool, i will trust you.

i just cant even begin to understand it

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

Nothing to add since I basically answered you on page 21, https://ironcentral.org/community/topic/64970-mk-6-switch-day-3/?p=1022515. My position on brewers hasn’t changed for the reasons previously stated. I’ve been keeping up with TM and brewers back and forth, but not posting for the sake of posting because for some reason in this game the focus on me is being a dumb noob, and somehow being pissy when I defend my action. WTF would I want to banter or try to contribute when that’s the response? If I have something definitive to post, I will, otherwise I’ll keep up with the thread. If the Mod has an issue with my post count, he can take me Mod Kill me.

It's dangerous for the town for you to skate by without weighing in on this decision at all. Saying that your original complaint with brewers is enough justification for you to stay silent the rest of the day is crazy, and exactly what scum would want to do. Even now you're not actually weighing in, just getting mad that I keep calling you out.

If you're town then you're just hurting the rest of us by being too scared of being seen as scummy to help us. I don't know how you don't see that, unless you're scum and think that changing your tune will make you even more suspicious lol.

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

Ive played a lot of mafia and I have never once seen a game where people are so willing to just go, oh i know you lied like four times and changed your story just to fit what people are saying but okay cool, i will trust you.

i just cant even begin to understand it

I can't speak for everyone since there has to be at least one scum that's already weighed in (probably two since I'd be shocked if Lyner is scum), but from my perspective, the problem is that neither side is perfectly believable. It's almost turned into which story is harder to believe, not easier.

You've played a game that, up to this point, would be considered pretty solid scum play to me. Contributing to the progression of the game without tipping your hand one way or the other. Having justifiable votes throughout the game that can't be pinned against you easily. Even your RC is a really good fake claim, if it is fake: uses mostly dead confirmed townies that are believable to have been checked by a cop, and doesn't actually confirm anything which is both convenient and also the most likely (a little hard to imagine scum would've let the cop get any results, much less 2 out of 3). There's essentially no evidence, to me, that proves your claim except that there's also nothing really that disproves it aside from just play reads. If it weren't for a claimed cop claiming to have received a result on you, there's no way you'd be on anyone's radar right now, but now that we have that, it's hard to find anything for me that proves your counter claim.

Tony, on the other hand, is the complete opposite. Aside from that suspicion of me, his play has been extremely pro town, which would be enough to sway me for normal players, much less the town jester over here lol. If he had stuck to his "mafia" assertion you would honestly probably be DOA, but that double lie has completely sunk his claim. Everyone knows it, and I think most players have admitted it, even a few still voting for you. Had he not played such a pro-town game up until this point, I think he would be the one DOA.

So now we're stuck with two claims that are both honestly hard to believe, but for different reasons, and one of them almost certainly has to be true. And we can't be willy nilly about this, we've all agreed that this is basically LYLO for town. That's why, imo, people aren't immediately writing off you or Tony, because it's equally as hard to buy into the other counter claim when you do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter