Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Werewolves in Genericville

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
202 replies to this topic

molestargazer

molestargazer

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,395 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Alpha
The owner of the Souvenir shop at the small village of Genericville was very pleased with himself. Since the invasion of the mafia a few months ago, tourists had been positively flocking to the town to look at... well... the place the mafia had invaded. And failed, he reminded himself happily as he stocked up the shelves of his small store with little mafia models and fake guns. It was a far cry from his business last year, barely surviving off people coming to look at the countryside and buying postcards with sheep on. However, for most people, the village had returned to its normal, boring, self. It wouldn't for long. As the sun set that night, a full moon began to rise...

The souvenir shop owner locked the front door and retired to his small apartment above the shop to turn in for the night.

Oh, my god, it's happening again... 2 men sat over a table with playing cards on exchanged scared glances. Last month, whilst they were playing their nightly poker game, they had both begun to feel a little queasy. They excused themselves from the table, being careful not to draw too much attention and retired to a room in a nearby hotel. There, a frantic discussion took place.
"Not again?"
"Relax, you can control yourself when we're... changed... right?"
"Well, yeah, but someti-" He was cut off by his friend.
"Well then, what's the problem?"

The next morning, the souvenir shop remained closed. A cautious tourist wandered into the shop through the back door and went upstairs to look for the owner of the shop. In truth, there wasn't much of the body left to be disgusted over, but it was still enough to turn their stomach.

The Souvenir Shop Owner, NPC, has been mauled by werewolves.

It looked as though it was time for the people of genericville to dust off their pitchforks...

The Rules
1. This is game. Enjoy yourself.

2. No editing or deleting posts.

3. No talking to other players outside the game thread unless your Role PM states specifically that you can.

4. No quoting any PMs from me, including Role PMs. Doing so will get you modkilled. Paraphrasing is OK.

5. Vote for a player to be lynched by using the Vote: molestargazer format. You must unvote before voting again.

6. Days will last 10 days. Nights will last up to 72 hours, but may be cut short if I get all actions in before then.
6-1. If discussion is lagging, I may impose a shorter deadline at my own discretion. Deadline extensions will happen on request - but will only happen once per day at most, and if I feel there's enough activity to warrant one.

7. A lynch requires a majority (50% rounded down + 1) vote. You can also No Lynch, by using Vote: No Lynch.
7-1. If there is no majority by deadline, only a half-majority is needed. (Majority / 2, rounded up if necessary)
7-2. If there are 2 players with the same amount of at least half-majority votes at deadline, then I will lynch the one who reached that number of votes first.

8. After someone has been lynched, discussion may continue until I can get to the thread and end the day. If you are dead you may not post

9. Don't use small / invisible font, don't use orange text (That's mine), and don't use any form of clever encryption or code in your messages.

10. If you haven't posted in 3 days, I'll prod you. If you don't pick up that prod AND post within 48 hours, I'll replace you.
10-1. If you need to be replaced for whatever reason, please PM me, don't flake.
10-2. If you are V/LA, don't rely on me checking the thread / your signature. Please post in the thread notifying me of your V/LA or PM me about it.

11. Vote counts will be made at the top of a page, edited into a post in orange. They will count up to and including the post it's been edited into.

12. Be nice. Excessive flaming will result in a warning, then a replacement or modkill as I see fit.
12-1. "Excessive" is defined by me on the spur of the moment. I will try and be consistent (if indeed I have to warn at all), but if you don't like it, tough.

13. I hope it isn't necessary, but any modkills will negatively effect the rule-breaker's faction in some way which I see fit. If you are modkilled, you lose, no matter how the game ends.

14. I can change, add, or edit rules as I see fit. I will notify players in-thread if this happens.

15. I am not perfect. This is my first modding experience on MS. I may have got something wrong. I may have missed a rule out. Let me know, ask me questions, but don't abuse my mistakes.
15-1. To get my attention in-thread, use the MOD: <Your message> format. Or, y'know, you could PM me.

The Roles
Well, you're not being told many of these. There may be one or more townies who will receieve this PM...

Welcome to Genericville!
Well, after the invasion by the mafia a few months ago, which was seen off thanks to the efforts of the townsfolk, Genericville was finally starting to return to its old, boring state. Even all the blood had been cleaned up by the local council, who had initially refused for cost-cutting reasons.

But after a shopkeeper found mauled to death after a full moon, it didn't take a genius to figure out Genericville was under siege again. You decide to dig out your old torches, pitchforks, and rope from the garage and try and help.

You are a VANILLA TOWNSPERSON.
You have no powers other than your vote to lynch someone during the day.
You win when all of the Werewolves are dead and there is at least one Pro-town player left alive.

To confirm you have received your role, reply to this PM telling me what your role is and how you win.

Edited by molestargazer, 30 August 2010 - 11:25 AM.

Proud IRONer since 5th July 2006
Proud to have taken 6 nukes, and been ZI'ed for IRON.

• Mod of General Spam, Mafia, and Mole Stargazer's Bar and Grill
  • Ex-Field Marshal, Admissions Admin, Warnings & Walkers and Generalwazawaza mod, Diplomat, amongst many other things that I've forgotten.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

molestargazer

molestargazer

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,395 posts
  • Resources:
Alive Players:
Kasabian
KevinH

Not-so-alive Players:
Spoiler

Edited by molestargazer, 30 August 2010 - 11:26 AM.

• Ex-Field Marshal, Admissions Admin, Warnings & Walkers and Generalwazawaza mod, Diplomat, amongst many other things that I've forgotten.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

molestargazer

molestargazer

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,395 posts
  • Resources:
I've had every confirmation in apart from CanucksDynasty, so, it's time to get hunting!

It is now DAY ONE.
Deadline for today is Friday 13th (Eek) August.

Edited by molestargazer, 03 August 2010 - 10:08 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nerau

Nerau

IRONclad

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 6,337 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:144926
  • Souls Baptized:1,538,133
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
Them cursed Werewolves are lose again
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Pancho needs your prays its true but save a few for lefty too he did what he had to do and now he is growing old - Townes Van Zandt

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
  • Squadron:Kilo

... apart from CanucksDynasty

He must be scum.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000

You win when all of the Werewolves are dead and there is at least one Pro-town player left alive.

Anyone thinks that other than the two werewolves, there would be an SK or something similar?

MOD: Can you add the players in your first post?

My bad. It's in the 2nd post. -M

Edited by molestargazer, 03 August 2010 - 03:16 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000

He must be scum.

Maybe both of you are...

Anyway since we have 7 players with 2 werewolves...
If we mislynch (assuming there's no 3rd party)
Day 1: 5 - 2
Day 2: 3 - 2 (LYLO)

If we don't lynch anybody (again assuming there's no 3rd party)
Day 2: 4 - 2 (LYLO)

So obviously it's better to lynch someone so right now
I'll random vote KevinH so at least we have something to discuss

Vote: KevinH
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050264
The weekend is family time...but I'm here.
CD.
PS3 80GB
Games: NHL09, MGS4, LBP, T:WfC, KZ2, U:DF

Mafia: 24gp, 15W (8T/5M/2O), 9L (8T/1M)

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

Them cursed Werewolves are lose again

Spelling and grammer police are on their way.

He must be scum.

No U R.

Anyone thinks that other than the two werewolves, there would be an SK or something similar?MOD: Can you add the players in your first post?

No...maybe if there was a larger group (ie. 12 players).

Maybe both of you are...Anyway since we have 7 players with 2 werewolves...If we mislynch (assuming there's no 3rd party)Day 1: 5 - 2Day 2: 3 - 2 (LYLO)If we don't lynch anybody (again assuming there's no 3rd party)Day 1: 5 - 2Day 2: 4 - 2 (LYLO)So obviously it's better to lynch someone so right nowI'll random vote KevinH so at least we have something to discussVote: KevinH

Vote: Kaziocore
for wanting to lynch KevinH (that's my gig :fighting0002: )
PS3 80GB

Nerau

Nerau

IRONclad

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 6,337 posts
  • Resources:
it seems the party is finally getting started

Vote: Chaoshawk

just for the fun of it
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Pancho needs your prays its true but save a few for lefty too he did what he had to do and now he is growing old - Townes Van Zandt

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaoshawk

Chaoshawk

Wrought IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 167 posts
  • Resources:
I see how it is Nerau... you just don't like foreigners.

I'm going to vote for someone who posted but was the least helpful of all.

If there really are two of them this is going to be a tough since our numbers are low.

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

I see how it is Nerau... you just don't like foreigners.

I'm going to vote for someone who posted but was the least helpful of all.

If there really are two of them this is going to be a tough since our numbers are low.

The bandwagonning on KevinH is starting even before his famous "no-lynch" stance.
:psyduck:
PS3 80GB

Chaoshawk

Chaoshawk

Wrought IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 167 posts
  • Resources:
That gives even more reason to destroy him.

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

just for the fun of it

Be nice to the new player. We don't want to discourage him.

Vote: Nerau

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

If we mislynch (assuming there's no 3rd party)
Day 2: 3 - 2 (LYLO)

If we don't lynch anybody (again assuming there's no 3rd party)
Day 2: 4 - 2 (LYLO)

So obviously it's better to lynch someone so right now

You just proved that it's Lynch or Lose on Day 2 regardless. It's not "obviously" better to lynch.

FOS: Kaziocore for using bad logic.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

...even before his famous "no-lynch" stance.

I'll give both sides.

If we lynch today:
Day 1, it's 2/7 chance of hitting scum and 5/7 chance of hitting townie. Most probable: townie lynch.
Assume a night-kill on Night 1.
Day 2, it's 2/5 chance of hitting scum and 3/5 chance of hitting townie.
However ... with only 5 players, one wrong vote by a townie will get added to by 2 scum and we lose.

If we don't lynch today:
Day 2, it's 2/6 chance of hitting scum and 4/6 chance of hitting townie.
It would take 4 votes to lynch so the 2 scum don't hold quite so much power. That's a strong argument in favor of a day 1 no-lynch!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
Allow me to continue.

Day 2 is Lynch or Lose in either scenario.
To win, we have to beat the odds and lynch a scum either Day 1 or Day 2.

With a Day 1 lynch and success either Day 1 or Day 2, Day 3 will be 1 scum and 2 townies. Again, one wrong vote by a townie and it's over.

With a Day 1 no-lynch and a success on Day 2, Day 3 will be 1 scum and 3 townies. I just talked myself into my famous no-lynch stance.

Unvote.
Vote: No-Lynch

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kasabian

Kasabian

Venezuelan Spammer

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,387 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:595479
  • Souls Baptized:1,269,244

just for the fun of it

Getting Started? i think it already started

Same as you, just for the fun of it

Vote: Kaziocore

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nerau

Nerau

IRONclad

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 6,337 posts
  • Resources:
ah narsis has yet to post

Unvote
Vote: Narsis

oh an KevinH just trying to get activity going
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:471330

ah narsis has yet to post

Unvote
Vote: Narsis

oh an KevinH just trying to get activity going

as i told mole i'm currently away from home so my activity will be spotty at best.

my thoughts:

Kevin: although your logic isn't necessarily wrong...i think you are perhaps missing some information. for starters: lynching today and tomorrow gives us 2 shots at mafia as oppossed to just one. also it gives us greater information from the lynch etc. although it is true that scum could pile on Day 2...i highly doubt however that an uninformed vote will be made against a townie by a townie.

also Kazio i believe wasn't using incorrect logic. i believe he intuitively understood what i just described above.

let's put some pressure on...

Posted Image

Nuclear Accolade___IRON Spirit___Above Beyond_____Diligence______Seniority___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___

The Realm of Philonoe | Posted Image | The GIMP Workshop

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter