Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Traitors on the Battlefront

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
569 replies to this topic

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
  • Squadron:Kilo
Ok, so a day consists of 10 RL days, right? That means the "day" will end on Sep 12. I suggest we request a battlefield update on Sep 10. Untill then the 3 people who has been the most active in this thread so far keep up with the game-relavant posting, an all other people should keep their posting to a minimum.

Then from the battlefield update we can get an idea regarding our active posters' alignment.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nerau

Nerau

IRONclad

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 6,337 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:144926
  • Souls Baptized:1,538,133
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Ok, so a day consists of 10 RL days, right? That means the "day" will end on Sep 12. I suggest we request a battlefield update on Sep 10. Untill then the 3 people who has been the most active in this thread so far keep up with the game-relavant posting, an all other people should keep their posting to a minimum.

Then from the battlefield update we can get an idea regarding our active posters' alignment.

may i ask why?

imo i believe activity is a must and controlling someones activity just to determine the mafia is silly, even though a strategy like that could accomphlish something

a better plan? i would have to think on that one
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Pancho needs your prays its true but save a few for lefty too he did what he had to do and now he is growing old - Townes Van Zandt

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
Well, if we manage to kill a mafia player straight away thanks to this strategy, we townies can tip the balance much easier on the second day.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

5. The amount of ground controlled by each side will be updated at the start of every day. It may be updated an additional once during a day at the request of the players. Note: post numbers will not be revealed, only the percentage of ground each side controls.
5-1. A side can only get a win after the day start update, not the midday one.
5-2. The midday update can only be requested once every player in the game has posted at least two content posts.

Unofficial Post Count (by page)

1. molestargazer - 2+4+
2. Chaoshawk - 2+1+
3. CanucksDynasty - 7+1+2
4. Nerau - 0+2+
5. ccabal86 - 0+2+
6. KevinH - 2+4+2
7. Kasabian - 0+2+
8. Alasdair - 0+0+
9. Martino - 0+0+1
10. Kaziocore - 0+1+1

We need Martino and Alasdair to post one more before we can request an update.

Before we can request an update, but I'd like to wait until later in the game day. A spread of post counts will help identify the scum.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050264

Before we can request an update, but I'd like to wait until later in the game day. A spread of post counts will help identify the scum.

I was actually hoping to request it asap. Cuz post count shouldn't have changed too dramatically from the 3 top posters. This way we can at least get an idea of the 3. Whether all townie, 1 mafia, or more. By doing this we can either clear suspicion of the 3 or zero in on one of them.
PS3 80GB
Games: NHL09, MGS4, LBP, T:WfC, KZ2, U:DF

Mafia: 24gp, 15W (8T/5M/2O), 9L (8T/1M)

Chaoshawk

Chaoshawk

Wrought IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 167 posts
  • Resources:
I agree with the sentiment to post-pone the update request since we only get one a day. We should wait till near the end of the day before requesting it.

Kasabian

Kasabian

Venezuelan Spammer

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,387 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:595479
  • Souls Baptized:1,269,244
  • Squadron:Alpha

may i ask why?

imo i believe activity is a must and controlling someones activity just to determine the mafia is silly, even though a strategy like that could accomphlish something

a better plan? i would have to think on that one

I agree with you nerau, activity is a requirement for everyone. not because a person has the higher count of post it make this person instantly a townie, we have to be careful with that because there may be some scummies trying to fool us

I agree with making an strategy to hunt the scum.

Well, if we manage to kill a mafia player straight away thanks to this strategy, we townies can tip the balance much easier on the second day.

I'd disagree with you,i think killing straight away in day 1 isnt a good idea sometimes because you don't really have to much evidence to accuse someone, although if before the 12 we have cornered a scum , then he have to be lynched.

PS: Mmm, how can we be sure he really is a townie with this short-notice

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000

I'm not really sure how spreading the post counts would help identify the scum.
If we immediately ask for an update, I think it would be easier to check if the top
posters are scum or not. The longer we delay it, the number of posts of everybody
else would also increase. Yes, the top three could post more but remember that
there is a possibility that some posts would not turn out to be valid.
So yeah I think it's best to do it as soon as possible while a lot of people have
few posts.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:

3. Mafia post counts will be multiplied by (# of townies) / (# of mafia).

With this, the top three posters should post more meaningful posts so that the scum with fewer posts
won't reach the top posters.

I also suggest that even though a lot of here said that double posting could be bad,
for the people with a few posts, they should try to double post so that they won't reach
the post count of the top 3 posters

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
With this people could post while still having post counts at a minimum.
What do you guys say about that?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

I'm not really sure how spreading the post counts would help identify the scum.

If the townies are winning the battlefield, then the players on the low end of the post count will be good lynch candidates as scum.

If the scum are winning the battlefield, then players with high posts are probably scum. (We have to be careful in this case because a mis-lynch will shift the battlefield greatly towards the scum.)

Even if the battlefield is about even, a player with a really low post count will be a good candidate to lynch even if they are townie. It's possible that losing a townie will benefit the town more by reducing the multiplier as opposed to losing the post count.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Alasdair

Alasdair

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 270 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:418476
Actually, Kevin has a good point. That sounds like really sound logic, and besides, it's not like losing someone who isn't interacting much is a big bummer. I may have to change my vote soon here, if this strategy ends up working out as well as it sounds like it will.

Keeping my vote the same for now though... just in case. >.>
Posted Image

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:066724

Why not?
At the time I posted, he hadn't made a post yet. Counts as lurking to me. His was just the first name I saw.

How so? I didn't read it.

A possible third party is mentioned multiple times. Now that doesn't necessarily mean there is one, but with this new mechanism, I would expect the mod to try and keep the confusion to a minimum. Hinting at a non existant third party seems counter productive in that regard.

Excellent. I'd unvote, but I've no-one else to go for and a pressure vote is better than no vote at all.

@Martino - You talked about people posting meaningfully and not double posting so you can get a vote count up. Now, I may be wrong, but I thought the whole point of this content judging system was to see us meaninfully hunt scum, and not try to outguess the mod at how well we're doing. We're still playing Mafia - our goal is still to lynch scum.

Yes, the goal is still scum hunting. However, there are a few reasons why I want to reduce the amount of double posting/spam. First of all, this new mechanism gives us a new way to scum hunt. If we can keep track of the number of meaningful posts everyone has, then we can get some extra information from the battlefield percentages. Double posting and spamming make keeping track of the meaningful posts harder and should thus be avoided. On top of this, spamming is never something I like to see. So even without the new mechanism, I would be disencouraging it. Finally, what I saw on the first few pages were plenty of very short posts. Sure they contributed to the game, but 4 of those one lines could have easily been taken together in one post. Now with the mechanism, there is a reason to split up your posts. But from a general mafia playing point of view, I don't like this direction. Anyway, I am not saying people should stop splitting up their posts, as the mechanism is encouraging it and differences in post counts can help us with the scum hunting. However, this splitting of posts already makes the thread a little harder to reread, so if someone were to start spamming it up, it would be even harder.

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
Well...I'd rather narrow the scope than have a larger pool of suspects.
So I'd request the update as soon as possible.

MOD: Is a majority required to request an update?
PS3 80GB

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:

Yes, the goal is still scum hunting. However, there are a few reasons why I want to reduce the amount of double posting/spam. First of all, this new mechanism gives us a new way to scum hunt. If we can keep track of the number of meaningful posts everyone has, then we can get some extra information from the battlefield percentages. Double posting and spamming make keeping track of the meaningful posts harder and should thus be avoided. On top of this, spamming is never something I like to see. So even without the new mechanism, I would be disencouraging it. Finally, what I saw on the first few pages were plenty of very short posts. Sure they contributed to the game, but 4 of those one lines could have easily been taken together in one post. Now with the mechanism, there is a reason to split up your posts. But from a general mafia playing point of view, I don't like this direction. Anyway, I am not saying people should stop splitting up their posts, as the mechanism is encouraging it and differences in post counts can help us with the scum hunting. However, this splitting of posts already makes the thread a little harder to reread, so if someone were to start spamming it up, it would be even harder.

Actually double posting could be a good way to split the people into what CD is suggesting (the top 3 posters and the rest of the guys).
The maximum points in double posts is one right?
If they split their posts, they'll have more than one points right but there's a possibility
that one of their posts won't match Narsis's criteria whereas if they double(or more) post,
there's a greater chance that they'll only get 1 point.

This strategy is only good if we're going with CD's strategy.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:471330

Well...I'd rather narrow the scope than have a larger pool of suspects.
So I'd request the update as soon as possible.

MOD: Is a majority required to request an update?

yes.

Posted Image

Nuclear Accolade___IRON Spirit___Above Beyond_____Diligence______Seniority___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___

The Realm of Philonoe | Posted Image | The GIMP Workshop

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kasabian

Kasabian

Venezuelan Spammer

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,387 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:595479
  • Souls Baptized:1,269,244

I'll have to say i agree with you Martino, double posting and spamming should be avoided.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

Actually double posting could be a good way to split the people into what CD is suggesting (the top 3 posters and the rest of the guys).
The maximum points in double posts is one right?
If they split their posts, they'll have more than one points right but there's a possibility
that one of their posts won't match Narsis's criteria whereas if they double(or more) post,
there's a greater chance that they'll only get 1 point.

This strategy is only good if we're going with CD's strategy.

Huh?

I don't want double posting as it will clutter the thread.
I just want the update to figure out whether or not the top 3 posters are townies or mafia.
I would think it would be in the best interest to the town.

@Everyone - What do you all suggest? Since a majority consensus is required to request the update.
PS3 80GB

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
Let me explain it better...

If we're going with your strategy we need to make it so that the other 7 posters
will be significantly lower than the top 3 posters.

To keep their post counts at a minimum, they'll
try to double post or triple post as much as possible.

There are pros and cons to this strategy however.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

Let me explain it better...

If we're going with your strategy we need to make it so that the other 7 posters
will be significantly lower than the top 3 posters.

To keep their post counts at a minimum, they'll
try to double post or triple post as much as possible.

There are pros and cons to this strategy however.

OK...I see what you are getting at.
I don't think I would want to limit or change a player's posting habits.
This is a game and it should be fun for everyone.
PS3 80GB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter