Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[KZ-03] NEW WORLD END: Death Note Mafia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
275 replies to this topic

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
  • Squadron:Kilo
Unvote: KevinH
Vote: Aenir

Only a scum would insult someone for no reason.

Besides, people should be able to express themselves anyway they want.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

Darkened Yellow text is reserved for the Mod.

Dear Mod,
Please be lenient on Electric Mango.
Roy G Biv would approve.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Alternate_Tree

Alternate_Tree

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 618 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:495854
  • Souls Baptized:338,846
  • Squadron:Delta

Dear Mod,
Please be lenient on Electric Mango.
Roy G Biv would approve.

I lol'ed,
but for Xarastier, why do you want to lynch Lorikz Kain, killgor said nothing about him, so what's your reason for wanting to lynch him?
The point of lynching on the first day is to get a read on people's actions and motives early, so in later days they will be more relevant, but you haven't provided a reason; it doesn't make sense to me to vote to kill someone when we don't know what abilities the townies may have, and no evidence. We need 8 votes to lynch, there is no way that a vote to lynch or not on the first day with 16 people will give us enough information to do anything on day 2 or whichever day, but if we wait a day or two for the townies with special abilities, and there are probably a great many since there are so many people, then we can actually do something, but with 16 people in the game, we have a lot of time to work with before the scum have a majority vote.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Athermonuke

Athermonuke

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,365 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:498435
  • Souls Baptized:2,803,898
hmm it does seem Xarastier is very adamant about lynching someone, unless the majority chose to not want to lynch...then he moves over to them. Additionally, he moves back to wanting to lynch the same person after an argument in his favor comes up. Very suspicious

Posted Image

I told my therapist I was having nightmares about nuclear explosions. He said don't worry it's not the end of the world.
Not cool bro, you can steal a heart from a human or a brain from a zombie but how in the hell do you dare take rum from a pirate thats just not oh kay.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
Lynch v No Lynch, that is the question.

I've (almost) always favored lynching because the town needs voting patterns to help them track scum. If we don't lynch today the town won't know anything more tomorrow and we're in the same boat but with less townies.

Also, in a game this size, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a serial killer of some sort and we will be losing 2 townies per night.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Xarastier

Xarastier

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503756
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

hmm it does seem Xarastier is very adamant about lynching someone, unless the majority chose to not want to lynch...then he moves over to them. Additionally, he moves back to wanting to lynch the same person after an argument in his favor comes up. Very suspicious

The point of killgor's argument Athermonuke is that the certainty of a townie being killed the second day by mafiascum who know who we are is statistically equal to the uncertainty of a mafiascum being hanged by decision of us townies the first day who, since we don't know who they are, take a chance to make the uncertain certain from the very first day to equal the daily statistical count until game end. You can bet the mafiascum will not dare kill me the 1st day which - if they did - would corroborate the damning evidence against the scum Lorikz Kain.

Vote Lorikz Kain before the day is out. We need eight (8) votes.
The Einstein Metaphysics.

Everything is One...You.
Time, distance, motion, change, coincidence and choice
Are sentient illusions created by Your consciousness (Parmenides).
Light, objects and the universe
Originate and emanate
From You.
You are so much greater than
The outline of Your body.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Einstein-Metaphysics-Unified-ebook/dp/B007NZBXE2/ref=sr_1_11?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1352568857&sr=1-11&keywords=metaphysics#reader_B007NZBXE2

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180

You can bet the mafiascum will not dare kill me the 1st day which - if they did - would corroborate the damning evidence against the scum Lorikz Kain.

Vote Lorikz Kain before the day is out. We need eight (8) votes.

What damning evidence? :blink:

Vote: Xarastier

Reasons:

1. I dont like No lynches
2. Trying too hard for a lynch
3, Hijacked kilgor's argument of a lynch to argue for a lynch on LK
4. alludes do damning evidence which does not seem to exis.

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118
I do like lynching on D1 but since this is a new format game I'll

Vote: No Lynch

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

killgor

killgor

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 684 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:511543

Point well taken killgor. So based on the above who will you vote for? I say Lorikz Kain based on my previous analysis.

I plead with everyone to vote to hang Lorikz Kain based on killgor's reasonable analysis above. We need eight (8) votes.

VOTE TO HANG Lorikz Kainbefore the day is over.

i never suggested we bandwagon someone just for the sake of lynching anyone. that is actually counterproductive. i also do not know why you want to hang LK, and most importantly, i don't know why you are trying so hard to get everyone to lynch him. there are others who behaved weirder than him imo. however, you just topped the cake in my eyes. i'll switch my [b]Vote: Xarastier[/b]

ps: it's time consuming getting all the text formatting out of your posts :P

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

killgor

killgor

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 684 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:511543
Vote: Xarastier. seems i made a bubu in the previous post. oh well....

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
The voting pattern from day 1 is useless.

Everyone who votes to lynch the poor townie who gets it will say "It was just a guess."

And we have to believe them.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000

Xx Karl xX (1): d3mon
Lorikz Kain (1): Xarastier
Xarastier (3): Aenir, Imran Ehsan, killgor
Aenir (1): Electric Mango
No-Lynch (5): Xx Karl xX, Alternate_Tree, KevinH, Athermonuke, Rafay

Not Voting (4): cam177, Chaplain of death, Leonidas, Lorikz Kain

With 15 Alive, 8 is needed to lynch.
4 is needed to lynch on deadline.

Edited by Kaziocore, 05 December 2012 - 03:12 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651
  • Squadron:Delta
vote: no lynch

despite my belief that there is a reason that Aenir karl and LK confirmed later than everyone else (like if they were communicating with each other because they are scum), I agree with Kevin. We need voting patterns, but day 1 gives no real patterns. I think we should wait till our next day to get down to voting, let any townie rolls go to work for another night and hopefully come up with something useful.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:339638
  • Souls Baptized:4,484,630

oddly enough i find not lynching stupid... i mean, let's take 2 cases: 1 where everyone votes for a no lynch and one where everyone votes for a lynch.

1st case: everyone votes for a no lynch.
nobody dies during the day. 1 townie dies during the night. the townies have to lynch someone the next day based on who voted what the previous day. well, i don't know about you but no lynch votes don't tell me anything. so during the 2nd day 1 townie dies probably because of lynching and another one dies during the night.
d3 things left to analyze: 1 townie death at random (since scum had to kill someone at random, nobody posed any kind of threat), votes from the 2nd day and 1 townie death from the previous night.

2nd case: everyone votes and someone is lynched.
probably a townie is lynched during the day and a townie is dead at night. the 2nd day we get to analyze votes from the 1st day, the townie death at night. probably another townie will die this day cause of lynching and another one at night cause of the scum.

bottom line: in the 3rd day, 4th day and so forth, how likely are we to figure out who is scum and lynch them?

You can make educated guesses off of more than just who votes for who. The context of what is said could in itself hint towards what side they are playing. For example someone could say my reluctance to lynch on the first day is a tell all sign that I am a townie, or it could flip around and just be that I am setting the ground work and building up trust to help me in the days to come. Other examples are in mind but everyone knows you don't just show your whole hand like that. Between the conversations themselves and if/when special roles come into play there will be better information as to who is who. Townies are at more of an advantage prolonging the game and only lynching when there is a reasonable argument to be had, or desperation calls for it, where as the baddies (deathnoters?) benefit from random killing and discourse amongst the masses as currently there are more townies than deathnoters by a fair amount. Add in special roles and the likelihood of finding those in possession of the deathnotes increases per day.

That being said I want to clarify that I am not against a first night lynch I merely was saying that a random lynch is statistically guaranteed to be an innocent townie. However as people continue to converse it no longer is a true random lynch so a lynch is no longer a statistic certainty of a townies death. That is why I said I was refraining from voting to lynch for the time being, I never actually voted for no lynch (no bold was used). Every single thing someone has said in this thread thus far could potentially hold clues as to what side of the fence they are sitting or can be used as a baseline for anything that happens or is said in the future, after all, you can't take everything at face value when someone is secretly trying to kill you.

EDIT: I now know where rainbows come from

MOD: Warning for editing a post

Edited by Kaziocore, 06 December 2012 - 11:35 AM.

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent! That means we can attack in any direction!"

Former: Councilor, Secretary of State, Academy Headmaster, BoI Editor In Chief, Postmaster General,

Diplomacy Director, Diplomat, Express Delivery Staff, RADAR (SWAG), Mentor, Recruiter,

Echo CO, Echo XO, Delta XO, Alpha MS, Mentor Staff, Academy Staff, Vault (Mattech)

(TLDR: No Longer Relevant)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

d3mon

d3mon

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,759 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:444930
  • Souls Baptized:2,707,697
I have been for a very long time been a proponent of no lynch on day 1 and while I did place a meaningless vote for Karl, its time to get back to business..

Posted Image

An refert, ubi et in qua arrigas?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Xx Karl xX

Xx Karl xX

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,478 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492664
  • Souls Baptized:4815162342
Umm Lorikz, I'm pretty sure it says in the rules that you aren't allowed to edit posts. Also, what is that edit even for? seems pretty strange haha
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Total Wars Fought:

Rogues: 2, VE: 5, Sparta: 4

Equilibrium War Stats:
Against VE nation #1: Soldiers Lost: 13,283 -- Infra Lost: 311.19 -- Land Lost: 6,072.29 -- NUKES EATEN: 5
Against VE nation #2: Soldiers Lost: 7,530-- Infra Lost: 251.73-- Land Lost: 8,930.64-- NUKES EATEN: 6
Against VE nation #3: Nothin, cuz he's a pansy
Against VE nation #4: Soldiers Lost: 2,706 -- Infra Lost: 65.06 -- Land Lost: 2,281.09 -- NUKES EATEN: 2

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

cam177

cam177

Forged

• NM|Registered Users
  • 92 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:330660
... what the heck is going on here i get moved in fully and you all go crazy trying to lynch everyone here... we need to hold off trying to lynch on this day is a waste of time and of a life wait one day and go from there. jumping all gun ho wont get us anywhere!!

vote:no lynch

Posted Image

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
Well if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

:bandwagon:/>

Unvote: Aenir

Let's get this game going.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Xarastier

Xarastier

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503756

You can make educated guesses off of more than just who votes for who. The context of what is said could in itself hint towards what side they are playing. For example someone could say my reluctance to lynch on the first day is a tell all sign that I am a townie, or it could flip around and just be that I am setting the ground work and building up trust to help me in the days to come. Other examples are in mind but everyone knows you don't just show your whole hand like that. Between the conversations themselves and if/when special roles come into play there will be better information as to who is who. Townies are at more of an advantage prolonging the game and only lynching when there is a reasonable argument to be had, or desperation calls for it, where as the baddies (deathnoters?) benefit from random killing and discourse amongst the masses as currently there are more townies than deathnoters by a fair amount. Add in special roles and the likelihood of finding those in possession of the deathnotes increases per day.

That being said I want to clarify that I am not against a first night lynch I merely was saying that a random lynch is statistically guaranteed to be an innocent townie. However as people continue to converse it no longer is a true random lynch so a lynch is no longer a statistic certainty of a townies death. That is why I said I was refraining from voting to lynch for the time being, I never actually voted for no lynch (no bold was used). Every single thing someone has said in this thread thus far could potentially hold clues as to what side of the fence they are sitting or can be used as a baseline for anything that happens or is said in the future, after all, you can't take everything at face value when someone is secretly trying to kill you.

EDIT: I now know where rainbows come from

My point exactly..

Vote to lynch Lorikz Kain.
We need eight (8) votes before this day is over. Cmon people. Play this game with a little more adventure. :noobrtfm:/>
The Einstein Metaphysics.

Everything is One...You.
Time, distance, motion, change, coincidence and choice
Are sentient illusions created by Your consciousness (Parmenides).
Light, objects and the universe
Originate and emanate
From You.
You are so much greater than
The outline of Your body.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Einstein-Metaphysics-Unified-ebook/dp/B007NZBXE2/ref=sr_1_11?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1352568857&sr=1-11&keywords=metaphysics#reader_B007NZBXE2

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
It's adventuresome to see who survives the night!

While I don't put much faith in accusations during day 1 because "nobody knows nothin'", I do find it useful to guage activity levels. Tomorrow I may lynch based on inactivity and this day will be included.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter