Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Elections 2020 Thread

• Please log in to reply
456 replies to this topic

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

Strange... I just had my birthday party in a really tall hotel with gold windows... the huge gold letters "TRUMP" were at the top. I had a 57th floor corner suite over-looking the Las Vegas Strip. The gift shop was packed from open to close, selling Trump gear.  We were planning it to be at the "Trump Winery" in Virginia, but your little buddy Covid killed that idea.

I think we'll be going to "Trump International" in Washington DC next year to make up for it. Yeah... he's a real hobo.

It's fake news rolled out just before the first debate... an obvious ploy intended to pressure Trump to release his real tax returns to prove something. News Flash!!! No one that supports Trump cares about his tax returns. It's only something for the haters to cry about.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
You do understand that in a business portfolio you can make money on one or more assets while losing a much larger sum on others. And just because a business looks successful to a visitor, you haven’t seen the books with the overhead costs, interest/dividends that has to be paid for investors, etc.

If you don’t care about all that, fine, just say that. But then don’t push the line how Trump is a super successful businessman, when in fact contradictory evidence is forthcoming. You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

You do understand that in a business portfolio you can make money on one or more assets while losing a much larger sum on others.

I wish I had his Accountant. They say the same thing about Bezos... "Amazon pays no taxes!". Can you possibly fathom how much taxes would be owed if Amazon didn't ship your shit to you for free? This is so much a non-issue.

If you don’t care about all that, fine, just say that.

If I didn't make it clear before... I still don't care. 

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

It's really a shame that half our country still doesn't understand the rules. When the rules don't fall in their favor... all they want is for everyone to either ignore the rules, or they want to change the rules to force things to fall in their favor. When Justice Scalia died, Republicans controlled the majority in the Senate. Republicans decided they didn't want Obama's replacement... so they didn't advance his nomination. That's the rules.

Currently, the Republicans are still in majority control of the Senate. The crypt-keeper finally kicked the bucket... everyone knew it was coming, so it's no surprise. Democrats were praying to a god they don't believe in... for her to just keep breathing long enough... for them to muster up a chance... to take out Trump... or seize majority control of the Senate... before she croaks. It didn't work out.

Trump will now nominate a replacement... probably tomorrow... and the Republican controlled Senate will vote on this nominee. After everything that Democrats have done to the USA in the past 4 years, it's not even in the realm of reality to be asking any favors. My honest advice is... if you don't like it... try winning some elections. We have one coming real soon... just probably too late for this one.

The rules stipulate that the Senate indeed can deny an appointment of a SCOTUS judge, hardly anyone is haggling about that. They are haggling about the clear obstructure of even allowing a nomination to reach the Senate floor, the clear dissonance by decreeing no SCOTUS nominee should be done in an election year (or more then 8 months in advance) while now ramming one thruw in under 40 days!

The rules are fine, they just weren't even followed and that obstructure was backed by a questionable notion that only seems to hold true if the nominee has a "D" behind his name. (lets even ignore that such a judge is political affiliated, right out folly imho).

I just hope the female side of your family understands all that RGB helped accomplish for women, far more things that the still contentious Roe vs. Wade or LGBT rulings.

Anyway, it is already been made clear by Trump himself why he needs a SCOTUS judge, he wants one that votes for him when he will eventually claim massive (unsupported by evidence) voter fraud while he loses in even bigger percentage of the popular vote then Biden (even ignoring what the electoral college does). For christ sake, they are even noting Roberts as a liberal judge claiming the court is currently 4-4, it is 5-3!

Democrats have done virtually nothing these past 4 years, largly do to your own mentioning that the Senate opposed everything they put forth. Heck the Republicans had a trifecta in the first 2 years and the only thing the mannaged to do is their 2 favorite past-times: regress (aka repeal) and appoint (judges, just judges).

We shall see how low they will go against Amy Coney Barrett. Especially looking forward to hearing the Kamala Harris line of questioning... it's probably gonna end up turning more votes for Barrett, to avoid being tainted with the shame.

Heck the line of "defence" has already been drawn, going for the anti-christian take supposidly done by being against ACB (atleast her name isn't reverced, ABC would just be weird :D). Like Republicans are anything remotly like Christians nowadays. A second coming of Jezus would get branded as a communist in 1 second flat.

Meanwhile, the NYT got their hands on Trump’s tax returns. Turns out he lied about being a successful businessman. Who would have thought.

They got his income tax "info" page, hardly any true indication of his entire tax filings but even then it is damning. Ignoring the ludricous low amount he had to pay for income taxes, it showed he has lots of losses to "offset" any dues he might have.

the rest is true, the guy is personally broke and all his enterprises are so deep in the red no US bank wants anything to do with him.

Strange... I just had my birthday party in a really tall hotel with gold windows... the huge gold letters "TRUMP" were at the top. I had a 57th floor corner suite over-looking the Las Vegas Strip. The gift shop was packed from open to close, selling Trump gear. We were planning it to be at the "Trump Winery" in Virginia, but your little buddy Covid killed that idea.

I think we'll be going to "Trump International" in Washington DC next year to make up for it. Yeah... he's a real hobo.

It's fake news rolled out just before the first debate... an obvious ploy intended to pressure Trump to release his real tax returns to prove something. News Flash!!! No one that supports Trump cares about his tax returns. It's only something for the haters to cry about.

I hope you looked at the "Made in China" stickers on all te merch and cursed at the "fake news" these stickers brought to you :D

And we know alot of americans are "shy millionairs" who would go into eve more debt just to feel the riches they so rightly dream about... You sound like a kid at Disney World claiming Mickey Mouse is real and very much his biggest friend.

You should kinda care about his tax returns, or more like his creditors. Republicans get their panties in a twist for Biden's so called cozyness with China. Meanwhile Trump is personally liable for over $400M in less then 4 years from god knows who, any of those credits could blackmail the guy into doing their fancy.

--

Ayway, everyone here would feel better if you just saw Trump for what he actually was but also showed your true colours by stating you would even vote for a 50-foot anaconda only cause it had a "R" behind its name.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

So, big news time: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54381848

If there is an upside to this panedmic, is that sometimes - just sometimes - things happen that resemble our concept of "poetic justice".

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

They will be fine... what is coming will be that investigation into who infected them. It's a frightening thought what could happen when the FBI gets that stink in their nose about collusion during an election year. It won't stop ACB, and none of it matters to either of you guys on the other side of the planet... we'll take care of things here. Thank you for thinking about us.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I have no idea who will win this, but if you care to understand how we got here, take five minutes to watch this.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811
Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day for sure. I suspect Trump will win by a slim margin. As for swing states, I think Pennsylvania will go Trump because of the very recent looting/rioting, Michigan and Wisconsin will be split between both candidates (no idea who will take which state), and Florida will probably go Trump (lot of retired folks in Florida, many of whom are likely afraid their 401k's will tank if Biden wins Election. The market will likely recover at some point but the fear of having another stock market crash this year is a scary thought to those living on a fixed retirement income).

Stay safe out there folks. I don't expect anything too bizarre or violent to happen on Election Day, but regardless of who wins, within the next few days the country is going to witness an increase of "Mostly Peaceful Protests". I plan to be quite cautious and avoid urban areas to the best of my ability. And in the event I do have to pass through areas that might experience protesting (I unfortunately live within a 10 minute drive of one area that protests still occur) I will be listening to the local PD radio the entire time.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day for sure.

Election Day is a Holiday in my house. We're out of here at 6:30 to the Starbucks to grab some joe, and then to vote. We go so early I doubt there will be much of a line. If there is a line forming before I leave, I believe Trump will have a good day. Nevada is controlled by Las Vegas... which is controlled by a couple million California transplants like myself. Unfortunately, most of them brought their politics with them, therefore since 2004, Nevada has turned a pretty strong shade of blue. I believe my state will side with Biden.

The past couple weeks, the President has really kicked some serious ass. I believe he has a lock on the support he needs to take Arizona, North Carolina, and Florida. This sets him up for Pennsylvania, and if he takes Penn, he wins. The mail-ins will create a huge problem. No matter who wins the day, this election will be legally challenged. This can go on for weeks, and if Trump even appears to have won reelection, the uncontrollable wing of the left will create a new excuse to BLM... that's Burn, Loot, Murder.

I have a Winchester SXP Defender 12 gauge, and a very organized neighborhood, to counter any problems here.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

I have a Winchester SXP Defender 12 gauge, and a very organized neighborhood, to counter any problems here.

The SXP is definitely a great shotgun.

Has there been any protests in Las Vegas?

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Has there been any protests in Las Vegas?

Yes... very limited because we support our police here. Back in June a Metro officer was shot during the "peaceful protests".

There are too many billion dollar hotels and too much cash in this city... private security is everywhere. Las Vegas is armed to the teeth, so it would be really stupid for them to try to do anything in residential.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas-police-officer-in-grave-condition-after-being-shot-in-head-suspect-arrested

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Lines are massive. Luck comes to those who care. Our 93 year old Air Force Veteran, that we take care of, was seated in his walker when a poll worker came by and allowed us in immediately. We promptly went to the Gold Coast for mimosas and 4 Card Keno and won some bucks. Wife is making a pot of chili... got some spicy dogs... too many bottles of Merlot, Zin, and Cab. We're set for the day. :)

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118

My final predictions for the elections

Trump 279 (will lose MI, NE-2 & WI from 2016)

Biden 259 (wins MI, WI & NE-2 plus all 2016 Hillary states)

GOP gets 51 senate seats

Dems get 245 House seats.

No chance in hell of landslides for either party

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I love my country.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

A British former banker has bet 5 million dollars on Trump to win. Do you think maybe he might know something we don't?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/british-gambler-bets-5-million-on-trump-in-biggest-ever-political-wager

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

The way the swing states votes are coming in, I think I have enough to make a prediction.

Trump wins with 286 while Biden gets 252. The only wildcard I potentially see is Wisconsin, if Biden can pull ahead in Wisconsin (only 47% of the vote is in) then Biden gets 262 while Trump would get 276.

Going to be a very close race, but the majority of the rest of the swing states already have relatively clear majorities.

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118

Looks like Biden may flip WI & AZ. 

But Trump is doing really well rn.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

Looks like Biden may flip WI & AZ. 

But Trump is doing really well rn.

Biden will definitely take Arizona. 73% reported and Biden is at 53.6%.

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I wish there was a live video feed of Chuck Schumer tonight. His entire skull must be blown all over his ceiling.

The polling people learned nothing from 2016. Entire polling industries will be forever shuttered. Nate Silver will now be Nate Bronze for the rest of his life. I can't believe they allowed themselves to be so utterly wrong... again.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

I wish there was a live video feed of Chuck Schumer tonight. His entire skull must be blown all over his ceiling.

The polling people learned nothing from 2016. Entire polling industries will be forever shuttered. Nate Silver will now be Nate Bronze for the rest of his life. I can't believe they allowed themselves to be so utterly wrong... again.

"We fixed it" = "we're out by 10%"

Might as well toss a coin... similar degrees of accuracy on a binary choice.

On the bright side... gonna piss of the bookies haha.

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users