Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[VL-01] Halo: The Battle Of Reach Mafia: Mafia-SK TIE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
959 replies to this topic

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
  • Squadron:Kilo

My weapon is my vote.

Can confirm, I claim VT just like Torres, I had the same sentence in my role claim: "Your weapon is your vote."

My sus level on Torres just dropped like 99%

My suspicion drops 1% on that response.
"Your weapon is your vote" is very common in vanilla townie role PMs.
The phrasing of the question to a self-claimed VT would elicit that response 100% of the time by anyone faking it.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552285
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:lilweirdward
Yeah this doesn't really change much. It's a common way to phrase vanilla town role PMs. That said, for now I don't see a reason to put Torres at the top of a suspect list due to what AbT has mentioned about him voting for MK and Rafay.

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

Unofficial Vote Count

Torres951 (2): KevinH, Robert2424
Ferastical (1): Wolfpacks, 
Robert2424 (1): Ali bin Turban, 
captainjf (1): Torres951, 
Wolfpacks (0): 
lilweirdward (0):
brewersalliance (0):
ABT (0):
KevinH (0):
The Warrior (0):

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (5): lilweirdward, The Warrior,  Brewers, Ferastical, captainjf, 

With 10 alive it takes 5 to lynch or 3 at deadline.
Deadline is 10-21 at 6pm CN time.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance
Deadline is coming up soon(ish) and we really aren't getting anywhere

So let's shake some trees and see what falls out

Vote robert2424

I do agree with ABTs list that scum is probably in that group. And torres RC makes sense and I think WP is probably the cop like he said

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595

Soft Defense of Torres? Lol

And what's your take on that? That I'm his buddy :lol:? Too bad you didn't decide to comment on the post at all. I'd love to hear why do you want to lynch someone, who's been on both scum wagons.  

Apart from that, claiming that you've been told that there's a Jailkeeper in this game sounds odd. Why would mod give you such an information...I mean why would Jailkeeper be so important role, that his existence must be shared with a random player?

Or maybe you or your buddy were jailed on N1 while trying to deliver a kill? 

I was told via my Role there was at least one Jailkeeper. The wording indicated there could of been more but wasn't pacific. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:

@robert so you're an informed Townie?
(I think that's the name of the role)

Also @tw are u alive bro

Not Exactly. I'm not an Informed Townie. As the True Jailkeep has come out, it'll put a target on my back, but I'd rather do that since I belive LWW claim as nobody is counter claiming it. 

I am Kat, Noble Team Lieutenant Commander (Town Jailkeeper Enabler), If I die, The JailKeeper role will cease to function for all players. This is how I knew a Jailkeeper was in the game. Especially after N1. 

Pretty sure lww is the jailor btw. He said he can confirm part of wps story, which was WP was blocked night 3 most likely. So I think ferastical is mostly right
WP specified he got the results of: town, town, blocked
I also think that means there is not a sk because usually the cop wouldn't find the sk, that's an FBI agent so the cop would get mafia/not mafia (usually but sometimes the cop can find the sk too)

However I feel it's more likely that we don't have a third party killing role. So either two mafia factions or one mafia team of 4 people

That shortens the list again. 

Yeah I was definitely hoping to not have to RC until I could get something more useful, but I don't really have a choice now. I am the jailkeeper. N1 I jailed Rafay and probably stopped the NK. N2 I jailed TW, and N3 I jailed WP, which is why I asked about his timeline and was satisfied that he claimed to be role blocked that night.

Also congrats Ferastical, you've now outed the town cop and jailer. Might want to refocus some of that energy on the actual mafia instead of making their job easier :P

Well, it dose clear you off the list. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:

The Warrior (Less likely), captainjf, Torres951, Ferastical, (4 out of the 10 remaining players. 

Both Torres and Ferastical have claimed VT. I didn't see, if Torres claimed and I don't think TW claimed. So, with 6 players off this list. We can start going down the list. If We jailkeep the right person, more of us live but I think Town has this in the bag. Wolfpacks investigates one of these 4, if he survives, he posts the results, whoever LWW jailkeeps out of these 4, he should post the following day. If no Kill, we know we've jailed keeped the Scum. I'm not sure how many scum there is, but if we lynch of the 4 today. we have a 1 and 3 chance for LWW to pick the right person to jail correctly and Wolfpack would survive another day. 

So brewers, not sure why your voting me, maybe its because I'm beating you in Fantasy football. Out of these 4, who do you think is our best bet? 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
Unvote

Roberts role claim makes sense to me.

Busy day for me and lots of posts. I'll go back thru sometime tomorrow

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ferastical

Ferastical

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,213 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:603712
  • Souls Baptized:😵
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Ferastically

My suspicion drops 1% on that response. "Your weapon is your vote" is very common in vanilla townie role PMs. The phrasing of the question to a self-claimed VT would elicit that response 100% of the time by anyone faking it.

But that's talking through your experience. Voting out both scum on D1 and D2 (at least attempting to on D1), then choosing not to hammer because lacking any suspicion (both ended up town anyway), then going on to make a perfect word-for-word role claim, and even the fact that he knew what I was talking about must indicate he's read it quite recently, perhaps in his RC?  ;) I think we can all agree that Torres would have to be a really bad scum member if he was one.

Instead I'm turning my interests towards TW, who throughout D1 and D2 has voted No Lynch, only to on D3 hammer down on a townie, who yes, seemed suspicious, but I believe townie TW would've had insight past that. Perhaps he felt uncomfortable voting for 2 days when the only 2 wagons to join were his own scum buddies? It would be too suspicious to then vote NL for the third day in a row, so he had to place his vote down somewhere, right?

Vote -> The Warrior

Would love to hear from ye'  :wub:

A new signature is currently under construction.

The previous signature caused multiple visual errors to users with different screen resolutions.

We humbly apologize.

Fermandia Inc.

© 2021

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
FWIW I can confirm that Robert is my enabler, as I was told this in my role PM. I don't know his alignment and it's supposedly a common mod trick to put someone's enabler on the opposite alignment, but for now I'll give Robert a pass.

Btw, this makes an extra complication for me, since now mafia can either kill Robert and basically make me a VT for the rest of the game, or kill me outright if they think I'll try to jail Robert and not someone else. I don't know how much usefulness I'll have left anymore, assuming there aren't any other protective roles in the game and I don't guess which direction they'll go correctly.

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346180
Unvote

That clears Robert. Though LWW makes a good point about possibility of enabler being on the mafia team. However, Halo-wise can anyone se a possibility for such connection ( where human's dependent on covenant)?

At this point of the remaining 4 Torres and Ferastical seem most townish. I'd say we should lynch either captainfj or TW today.

Vote captainfj

@LWW that enhanced role: Arbiter, that mafia received, sounds like some kind of badass. I wouldnt be surprised if he had strongman as one of his powers.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

It may be few people, but at least several consider Oklahoma to be in the Midwest. Additionally, in my defense, I've lived in OK for less than a year.

Source: https://www.aaronrenn.com/2015/10/29/12-ways-to-map-the-midwest/

I liked the link provided by the captain, so

Vote: The Warrior

I'm a North Woods transplant to Dixie.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

tw has been very inactive and at least captian is being active.  TW has had a ton going on in RL, and just like in the previous game, I just dont see him using that as cover for being scum.  i think TW is probably town and just super inactive.  

@LWW that enhanced role: Arbiter, that mafia received, sounds like some kind of badass. I wouldnt be surprised if he had strongman as one of his powers.

I searched Arbiter on the mafia scum forums and it doesnt appear to be a real role.  perhaps its another role velocity created and is someone from the Halo lore?  

update:  i did a search on Arbiter and found this:  In the 2004 video game Halo 2, the rank is given to a disgraced commander as a way to atone for his failures. Although the Arbiter is intended to die serving the Covenant leadership, the High Prophets, he survives his missions and the Prophets' subsequent betrayal of his kind. When he learns that the Prophets' plans would doom all sentient life in the galaxy, the Arbiter allies with the Covenant's enemies (humans) and stops the ringworld Halo from being activated. 

so maybe its a mafia member that became a solo player and is some sort of survivor role? 

and just a reminder, scum could have been given fake claims by the mod. so just because someone's claim matches your role PM word for word, doesnt mean its not a fake claim given to them by velocity to use as cover.  

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:611169
  • Discord ID:Velocity
Sorry for not many vote counts, I got a bad cold and a new car so I had to deal with both of those! I don’t think I missed anything in this vote count but if somebody voted and I missed it don’t sweat to point it out.

Official Vote Count

Torres951 (1): Robert2424
Ferastical (1): Wolfpacks, 
Robert2424 (1): Ali bin Turban
captainjf (2): Torres951, ABT
Wolfpacks (0): 
lilweirdward (0):
brewersalliance (0):
ABT (0):
KevinH (0):
The Warrior (2): Ferastical, KevinH

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (3): lilweirdward, The Warrior, captainjf

With 10 alive it takes 5 to lynch or 3 at deadline.
Deadline is 10-21 at 6pm CN time.

Only click if you're Tony Maurice, thanks!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Velocity   

(it's lonely here by myself)

Finster Baby
     Sent Today, 09:48 AM

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

you have abt voting twice

is that an error or on purpose 

also it sounds like we are all in agreement that we will find the scum in this group:  torres, ferastical, TW and captian

so if we lynch one, WP investigates one, lww jails one and our vig shoots one, by tomorrow we should have all the scum sorted out

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067

[OOC]Once again I apologize for my lack of activity over the last few days. In addition to all the other stuff I've had going on I've also been dealing with some health issues that I'm trying to figure out.[/OOC]

I just spent the last couple hours catching up on what I missed in between meetings.

Yeah I was definitely hoping to not have to RC until I could get something more useful, but I don't really have a choice now. I am the jailkeeper. N1 I jailed Rafay and probably stopped the NK. N2 I jailed TW, and N3 I jailed WP, which is why I asked about his timeline and was satisfied that he claimed to be role blocked that night.

Also congrats Ferastical, you've now outed the town cop and jailer. Might want to refocus some of that energy on the actual mafia instead of making their job easier :P

I can partially confirm LWW's claim here as well. I'm not ready to fully role claim yet but this fits with the limited information I know.

My weapon is my vote. 

Can confirm, I claim VT just like Torres, I had the same sentence in my role claim: "Your weapon is your vote."

My sus level on Torres just dropped like 99%

That is almost always a sentence used in a VT role pm so it doesn't actually confirm anything imo.

My suspicion drops 1% on that response. "Your weapon is your vote" is very common in vanilla townie role PMs. The phrasing of the question to a self-claimed VT would elicit that response 100% of the time by anyone faking it.

But that's talking through your experience. Voting out both scum on D1 and D2 (at least attempting to on D1), then choosing not to hammer because lacking any suspicion (both ended up town anyway), then going on to make a perfect word-for-word role claim, and even the fact that he knew what I was talking about must indicate he's read it quite recently, perhaps in his RC?  ;) I think we can all agree that Torres would have to be a really bad scum member if he was one.

Instead I'm turning my interests towards TW, who throughout D1 and D2 has voted No Lynch, only to on D3 hammer down on a townie, who yes, seemed suspicious, but I believe townie TW would've had insight past that. Perhaps he felt uncomfortable voting for 2 days when the only 2 wagons to join were his own scum buddies? It would be too suspicious to then vote NL for the third day in a row, so he had to place his vote down somewhere, right?

Vote -> The Warrior

Would love to hear from ye'  :wub:

I voted to no lynch on day 1 ultimately because I don't like voting for someone with no solid information. Day 1 typically has none.

MK would have received my vote on day 2 if the game would have gone to deadline. When MK was mod-killed and revealed as scum I was personally content with the fact that we were gifted a scum kill. Rafay was suspicious but he always is in my opinion and his play didn't really seem that far out of line from his normal habits at that point. Since I didn't have anything solid to base my vote on then I opted to no lynch on day 2. At least we already got rid of one scum that day. I intended to try to find out more about Rafay before voting on him.

On day 3 I didn't have to do anything if I was scum. Canik was trying to get himself lynched and was apparently succeeding for most of the day based off of the traction his wagon gained. I was one of the more vocal people throughout the day trying to point out that he almost had to be town. If I was scum it would have been really easy to hitch myself to Canik's wagon along with everyone else or place a vote on a random player to at least register a vote.

Instead, I ended up casting the 6th and deciding vote for Tony (putting Tony ahead of Canik in line to be lynched) because Tony started acting strangely with his accusation of Brewers who seemed to be generally town aligned after his revelation about ABT and MK earlier in the game. Again, if I was scum I would have known that swinging the vote into Tony's favor right before deadline would have reflected poorly on me immediately. Getting Tony lynched and basically outing myself (or at least putting myself in the spotlight) wouldn't be worth the gamble with the mafia already down two players.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• Military - Foxtrot Officers
  • 1,282 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600658
  • Souls Baptized:139,694
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:captainjf

brewersalliance, on 19 Oct 2020 - 08:48, said:snapback.png

tw has been very inactive and at least captian is being active.  TW has had a ton going on in RL, and just like in the previous game, I just dont see him using that as cover for being scum.  i think TW is probably town and just super inactive.  

Ali bin Turban, on 19 Oct 2020 - 03:08, said:snapback.png

I searched Arbiter on the mafia scum forums and it doesnt appear to be a real role.  perhaps its another role velocity created and is someone from the Halo lore?  

update:  i did a search on Arbiter and found this:  In the 2004 video game Halo 2, the rank is given to a disgraced commander as a way to atone for his failures. Although the Arbiter is intended to die serving the Covenant leadership, the High Prophets, he survives his missions and the Prophets' subsequent betrayal of his kind. When he learns that the Prophets' plans would doom all sentient life in the galaxy, the Arbiter allies with the Covenant's enemies (humans) and stops the ringworld Halo from being activated. 

so maybe its a mafia member that became a solo player and is some sort of survivor role? 

and just a reminder, scum could have been given fake claims by the mod. so just because someone's claim matches your role PM word for word, doesnt mean its not a fake claim given to them by velocity to use as cover.  

Brewer, You are correct in this post. The Arbiter was traditionally a Covenant "punishment" of sorts for disgraced Elites (think honor of Klingons if you are into Star Trek). It gave those Elites an opportunity to earn their honor back, typically by sacrificing themselves to accomplish the direct will of the Prophets (leaders). However, the Elite named Thel 'Vadamee ended up learning that the Prophets were false and eventually sided with humans to take down a bigger threat against the galaxy. During the Battle of Reach, the Arbiter would have been Covenant sided though...

Quote TW

I can partially confirm LWW's claim here as well. I'm not ready to fully role claim yet but this fits with the limited information I know.

I can understand not wanting to RC, but it is weird that you know this considering the Jailkeeper and Jailkeeper enabler have already come forward. I'm not sure how else you could obtain this information?

Quote TW

...with the mafia already down two players.

How do you know for sure the Mafia is down to two players?

Posted Image

"Thought I'd Try Shooting My Way Out—Mix Things Up A Little."

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

so if we lynch one, WP investigates one, lww jails one and our vig shoots one, by tomorrow we should have all the scum sorted out

Ngl this is a horrible idea, we could endgame ourselves for no reason if one or more of the remaining scum aren't in this list or the strategy doesn't work perfectly. This is like Kevin "we should all do a planned random vote" kind of bad idea where it almost makes me a little suspicious of you lol.

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

Quote TW

I can understand not wanting to RC, but it is weird that you know this considering the Jailkeeper and Jailkeeper enabler have already come forward. I'm not sure how else you could obtain this information?

I jailed TW on N2, so it's easy for him to confirm from his end that he had some sort of action get blocked that night. It doesn't really help us since now he can fit any claim around knowing that fact, but it at least should help solidify my claim for whatever that's worth.

Honestly though I'm with brewers in not really buying that TW could be scum in this game. What limited actions he's taken are all pretty standard smart townie plays in my eyes. Unfortunately that means we're running out of obvious suspects, save for captain who we don't really know anything about. @captainjf, anything you want to share?

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

Ngl this is a horrible idea, we could endgame ourselves for no reason if one or more of the remaining scum aren't in this list or the strategy doesn't work perfectly. This is like Kevin "we should all do a planned random vote" kind of bad idea where it almost makes me a little suspicious of you lol.

thats true, if our scum is not on that list and someone is lying then it wouldnt work out very well lol.  

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter