Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[VL-01] Halo: The Battle Of Reach Mafia: Mafia-SK TIE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
959 replies to this topic

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• Military - Foxtrot Officers
  • 1,282 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600658
  • Souls Baptized:139,694
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:captainjf

Quote TW

I can partially confirm LWW's claim here as well. I'm not ready to fully role claim yet but this fits with the limited information I know.

I can understand not wanting to RC, but it is weird that you know this considering the Jailkeeper and Jailkeeper enabler have already come forward. I'm not sure how else you could obtain this information?

I jailed TW on N2, so it's easy for him to confirm from his end that he had some sort of action get blocked that night. It doesn't really help us since now he can fit any claim around knowing that fact, but it at least should help solidify my claim for whatever that's worth.

Honestly though I'm with brewers in not really buying that TW could be scum in this game. What limited actions he's taken are all pretty standard smart townie plays in my eyes. Unfortunately that means we're running out of obvious suspects, save for captain who we don't really know anything about. @captainjf, anything you want to share?

I'm not sure what I could do that wouldn't be suspicious in your eyes. I can roll claim, but with everyone else role claiming, it would seem like I'm just trying to fit in. Other than that:

D1, No lynch because I arrived in the last few hours of D1

D2, No lynch as I was satisfied that a Scum had already been outed plus I didn't have any other evidence to make decisions on anyone else

D3, I really felt that TM was acting suspicious, so I put my vote on it. I was wrong...

Posted Image

"Thought I'd Try Shooting My Way Out—Mix Things Up A Little."

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552285
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:lilweirdward

I'm not sure what I could do that wouldn't be suspicious in your eyes. I can roll claim, but with everyone else role claiming, it would seem like I'm just trying to fit in. Other than that:

D2, No lynch as I was satisfied that a Scum had already been outed plus I didn't have any other evidence to make decisions on anyone else
D3, I really felt that TM was acting suspicious, so I put my vote on it. I was wrong...

I hate to do this, but assuming any defense you give will make you look suspicious is kind of suspicious to me 😬 I don't really have any reason to strongly suspect you other than most people already have a defense, which doesn't really mean much. My main concern is that you're being given the benefit of the doubt for playing cautiously because you're new, whereas not many other people would get that luxury. Generally though I would say that townies should operate under the assumption that their actions appear townie since they are, and a rookie mistake to make as scum is to feel suspicious before people actually catch you.

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• 1,282 posts
  • Resources:

I hate to do this, but assuming any defense you give will make you look suspicious is kind of suspicious to me I don't really have any reason to strongly suspect you other than most people already have a defense, which doesn't really mean much. My main concern is that you're being given the benefit of the doubt for playing cautiously because you're new, whereas not many other people would get that luxury. Generally though I would say that townies should operate under the assumption that their actions appear townie since they are, and a rookie mistake to make as scum is to feel suspicious before people actually catch you.

If I RC right now, would it violate the rule of "No Mass role claiming"? If it doesn't violate any rules, I'll happily RC. I just don't think anyone will believe me at this point...

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
Role claiming on your own volition shouldn't count as mass role claiming, even if most other players happen to be doing it at the same time. AFAIK mass role claiming is when players agree as a group to collectively reveal roles, although others with more experience modding on these forums can correct me here if I'm wrong.

Either way, I'm not necessarily saying you should RC; maybe it'll help your cause, maybe it won't. TW didn't RC so it's not like you'd be the only one. We just haven't really pushed you on some of your actions or thoughts yet so I thought I'd see how you responded :)

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• 1,282 posts
  • Resources:

Very well, I will hold onto it for now then.

Based on the new evidence from TW, I'm now leaning in the direction of suspecting Ferastical. I previously said that I believed his story for the moment, but I am no longer convinced his RC is factual.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

so here are all the players, their claims and what backs them up

me: parity cop ability, busted MK and confirmed ABT is not mafia

LWW:  jailor claim, backed up by both robert and WP, as he jailed WP night three and WP was blocked, and backed up by TW partially tho he wont comment on his role yer

Wolfpacks:  Claimed cop, got a Not Guilty on ABT n1 and Kevin N2, and was blocked n3 by LWW

KevinH:  Claimed VT, found not guilty by WP

ABT:  confirmed by me as not mafia, however has not role claimed.  confirmed as town by WP

Robert: claimed jailor enabler.  confirms lww is basically the jailor.  role is not confirmed as town tho, as lww pointed out mods can make an enabler the opposite faction

Ferastical:  Claimed VT, not confirmed by anyone

Torres:  Claimed VT, not confirmed by anyone

TW:  Claimed no role but that he can partially back up LWW, not confirmed by anyone 

Captain:  No RC, and no confirmation on alignment

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:611169
  • Discord ID:Velocity

you have abt voting twice

is that an error or on purpose

also it sounds like we are all in agreement that we will find the scum in this group: torres, ferastical, TW and captian

so if we lynch one, WP investigates one, lww jails one and our vig shoots one, by tomorrow we should have all the scum sorted out

It was a mistake.

Only click if you're Tony Maurice, thanks!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Velocity   

(it's lonely here by myself)

Finster Baby
     Sent Today, 09:48 AM

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

I also just went back and looked up the votes on our two scum

MK (7): brewersalliance, ABT, Torres, lilwierdward, Rafay, KevinH, Lyner (could be missing someone as we didnt get a lot of vote updates and MK was mod kiiled but I think i got them all)

Rafay (6): Lyner, KevinH, Ferastical, brewersalliance, Finster Baby, Torres

Players on both MK and Rafay:

brewersalliance

KevinH

Torres

Players just on MK:

ABT

LWW

Players just on Rafay:

Ferastical

Players on Neither:

TW

WP

Captain

Robert2424

WP's actions are kind of curious.  He knew ABT was town, and therefore would know MK was not town so voting for MK would be a no brainer.  He did vote MK at first but then unvoted and voted me instead.

If torres is scum he could have seen the writing on the wall early with MK and bussed him, and then late when it was a foregone conclusion that rafay was going to die, eh could have jumped on to give a "i was part of both the scum's lynch early game"

kevin was late to the MK wagon, but early on rafay.  if he was scum, i doubt he would be on an early positon on rafay as offing two of your teammates would be beyond foolish.  plus WP said hes town.  only way he isnt is if hes a godfather, or WP and kevin are partners and its a fake RC.  not very likely imo

im torn on who to vote for at the moment.  but ill probably place my vote on someone who stayed off both MK and rafay

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067
  • Squadron:Kilo

I can understand not wanting to RC, but it is weird that you know this considering the Jailkeeper and Jailkeeper enabler have already come forward. I'm not sure how else you could obtain this information?

I said I can partially vouch for LWW's claim based off of what I know. I cannot unequivocally confirm that he is a jailkeeper or even what his alignment is. All I was saying is that I have reason to believe he is what he says he is right now.

How do you know for sure the Mafia is down to two players?

I did not say that the mafia was down to two players. I said that the mafia is down two players -- as in they have already lost two players.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
I really need to get a new PC lol was trying to do some quotes from mobile for my post with the votes but damn that's a bitch to do lol

Or Samus can just get us a forum that's more mobile friendly 🤣🤣

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

If I RC right now, would it violate the rule of "No Mass role claiming"? If it doesn't violate any rules, I'll happily RC. I just don't think anyone will believe me at this point...

Typically, a rule against mass-claiming is to keep the game fun and not an exercise in breaking the set-up.

A few game days in, all bets are off.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346180

Everyone but brewers, Torres, Ferastical, captainfj and TW have someone else to confirm his story.

Out of those 5 brewers outed one scum, voted on the other. Torres voted on 2 scums while Ferastical voted on one.

Captainfj and TW got nothing on their defence. 

Since we don't have anything substantial on anyone now, we should resort to calculation. Someone has to be scum so we should choose the most probable targets. And these are captainjf and TW. 

In my opinion:

- today we should lynch one of them

- LWW should jail the other one

- WP should check Ferastical (or whomever else he wants, just not the one that will be jailed by LWW). 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wolfpacks

Wolfpacks

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,508 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492737
  • Souls Baptized:Retired
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Wolfpacks
I still stand by my vote on ferastical, I don't trust his RC, its so easy to say your VT
I don't think The Warrior is Scum, I'm still not sure about others need to investigate more

For continued dedication and tenacity, as a warrior and as military officer. Wolfpacks has been fighting both in this war and the last with complete abandon, he has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.Without members like you IRON would be less of an alliance. Well done.
Wolfpacks has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

NAAC Will Never Be Forgotten
Ero Sum Ideo Vici

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346180

Also, in the "what can go wrong" department, we could face following issues:

- ABT / Kevinh could be a Godfather (and even though I'm not a Godfather, you don't have such knowledge)

- LWW + Robert could be both in a scum team. 

- Brewers / Torres  could be bussing their teammates

Those cases are in the realm of possibility...but they're less likely then a simple case where Captain / TW or Ferastical (even though he voted Rafay) is a scum. Right now we should focus on the most possible case...especially since none of the suspects is trying to help at all.

They are not looking for alternatives or trying to convince us that there needs to be some explanation, that scum must be hiding elsewhere. They're passive. That's not townish at all. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• 1,282 posts
  • Resources:

So here we have a list of everyone still alive including their confirmed/claimed/suspected alignments:

sic....

- Ferastical -> I'm sure as heck I'm town, so... 

sic...

Just to add on my opinion... Ferastical, in my opinion, did not give a confident RC. Just "I'm with the town!!!" kind of like he was only trying to convince others... I am no longer confident in his mild claim.

Vote Ferastical

I still stand by my vote on ferastical, I don't trust his RC, its so easy to say your VT
I don't think The Warrior is Scum, I'm still not sure about others need to investigate more

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

honestly i think its a horse a piece for me who could be scum, however captain did not vote for either of the two scum who died and for me, that is concerning

tho ferastical latching onto torres claim about his vote being his weapon is a bit concerning to me.  it feels more like someone trying to latch onto a potential townie and go oh look look mine says the same thing so now u know im town too

however, it kinda feels like the votes are piling onto ferastical fairly quickly so i think im gonna vote for captian

vote captain

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• 1,282 posts
  • Resources:

Vote: Rafay

Now's your time Tony! BE THE HAMMER!!

ac500dfb741fb12bb6264a3da52a04a0.jpg

also if tony does hammer him, finster your an admin.  change that pic to his profile pic plz

yeah rafay has been inactive as fuck.  

vote rafay

he has been scum a couple times recently and he has been super inactive in those games and he basically got a pass for it almost each time.  best case that is what happening again.  worst case he is town, but he is super inactive so that isnt helping and he usually doesnt do anything to help town win (typically its the exact opposite lol)  so dont see too much downside here, unless he ends up being a valuable PR, but then again, he is inactive 

I apologize for not helping out MK, but we had four days before the end of the day. I thought I had more time to make a decision, but he was killed before I had made my decision.

Regarding Rafay, I didn't get any scummy vibes because he was inactive as you mentioned in the second quoted post! I think it is a bit harsh to judge me as scummy because I didn't vote for an inactive member. Let me propose this scenario based on the first quote: What if I did make my vote for Rafay and was the lynching post. Wouldn't that actually hurt my case more? If I would have voted for Rafay and someone else hadn't, would you consider them slightly scummy in this moment instead?

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
It would depend on who and how the game has unfolded. If it was ferastical then my vote would be currently on him.

Right now for me it's between you or ferastical and I can honestly go either way. But with all the votes flying in for him I thought it best to go with you, gives us more stuff to analyze if need be

@velocity can we get a vote count plz.  thanks

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

I agree that captain and Ferastical are probably our most likely scum at this point, and I'm with brewers that idk how you can make a strong case either way. I would add Robert into the mix since we have nothing confirming his alignment and he's been more absent this game, but I have a vested interest in trying to keep him alive a bit longer until I can help find some more evidence (hence why I might not be able to gather any useful information the next night if I decide to protect Robert instead of trying to snuff out the mafia), so I don't want to put him on the chopping block today. 

I'd definitely like to see a vote count before I throw mine out, since I'm not sold either way and don't want to make one or the other seem like an inevitable lynch yet.

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067
Doing this on mobile so I hope I didn’t miss anything:

Unofficial Vote Count

Torres951 (1): Robert2424
Ferastical (2): Wolfpacks, captainjf
Robert2424 (0):
captainjf (3): Torres951, ABT, brewers
Wolfpacks (0):
lilweirdward (0):
brewersalliance (0):
ABT (0):
KevinH (0):
The Warrior (2): Ferastical, KevinH

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (2): lilweirdward, The Warrior

We have about 46 hours until deadline I believe.

For me it’s down to either Ferastical or Captain right now. I realize I am in a similar situation to both of them in terms of lack of confirmation as well as voting pattern. I will reiterate though that it was my intention to vote for MK after he started going crazy. (Yes I know that anyone can say that after the fact.) I just don’t usually vote until closer to deadline though so that is why I hadn’t actually voted for him. If the game went to deadline without him getting mod-killed I would have voted.

As for Rafay, I was not opposed to him getting lynched. I was just content with the gift we were given when MK got mod-killed. It was essentially a free day for us. My preference was to take more time to evaluate him since I had no solid evidence that he was scum.

My concerns with Ferastical are how unnaturally his role claim felt when he latched onto the “your weapon is your vote” part of Torres role claim and how he sort of used something so basic to say “Torres can’t be scum because that’s what my role said too!” He then went on to question my voting pattern (which I don’t necessarily blame him for). But I can say without a doubt that if MK and Rafay were my scum partners and were acting like that, I would make sure that I bussed them (or at least one of them). Staying off of two scum wagons like that when the outcome was basically clear would only hurt me in the long game.

Other than no confirmation, my concern with captainjf is that it seemed like he intentionally misrepresented what I said twice in a way that sort of made it seem like I was might be privy to information that a townie certainly wouldn’t have. Maybe it was an honest mistake but it happened twice in the same response at a time when others were sort of looking my way first, almost as a subtle way to nudge them further in my direction.

@Ferastical - I think you were in the middle of the Rafay wagon (3rd vote maybe?). Can you refresh me on what pushed you to vote for Rafay?
Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter