Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[KH-27] Dethy I Mafia - MAFIA Wins

open 5-player

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
  • Squadron:Kilo

Dethy I 

Reference https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Dethy

Setup

Mechanics

• Cop Headstart
  • Cop Sanity isn't revealed upon one's death.

Players

1. Imran Ehsan

2. Northern Empire

3. Zacch

4. Chaplain of Death

5. vgmmaster

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

All role PMs have been sent.

Day 1 will start when all cops have sent in their Night 0 action.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

The world has become lawless without a lynching in almost a year.

The cop academy has graduated a new class and they are eager to do something about that.

Unfortunately, only one is totally sane ...

It is now Day 1.

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

There is no deadline or half-majority lynch.  There is not an option to no-lynch (gasp!).

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

vgmmaster

vgmmaster

Cast IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 686 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Foxtrot

*Looks up from underneath her oversized deputy hat at the four that stand before her*

So...which one of ya'll isn't a cop? 

(OOC: A Kevin game with no no-lynching? Holy sh- :o )

Retired Council Member
Retired Admin
Retired CO of old Foxtrot
Retired Diplomat for RHG, RIA
Retired Red Team Recruiter

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

vgmmaster

vgmmaster

Cast IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 686 posts
  • Resources:

Before the no-lynching thing was made clear, I was thinking the other night of how this could play out and actually wondered if a no-lynch was worth attempting to extend the game a day to further clear up our sanities. With the game only being two days long, while some things will become clear, others will not. We've already been able to tell for ourselves if we're at least not naïve or not paranoid (but not both). If any of us got a guilty result last night, we could figure out which of is insane or paranoid based on if the game continues. Sane and insane cops can potentially be able to figure themselves out as either sane or insane (if not pin it down exactly) after night 1 depending on either their second investigation result and/or the mafia kill.

That said, while there may be much we don't yet know, I know I'm not the naïve little girl my momma raised back when I was a wee lass. 

I'll hold off on casting a vote until everyone else wakes up though. 

Retired Council Member
Retired Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

It hurt me to make that stipulation but it's only fair to the game setup.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Northern Empire

Northern Empire

Forged

• BR|Member
  • 99 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:273843
  • Souls Baptized:19,483,079
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:@northernempire

very interesting indeed, 

Zacch

Zacch

Cast IRON

• Military - Delta Officers
  • 609 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:531407
  • Souls Baptized:708,171
  • Squadron:Delta

Hi Everyone.

Who's the goon?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651

hehehe, Its always funny when KevinH mod's and we have the no lynch debate in his honor, guess that won't happen this time around though. 

@Kevin are there any special rules for this setup for role claiming? 

((meant to bold))

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

vgmmaster

vgmmaster

Cast IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 686 posts
  • Resources:

hehehe, Its always funny when KevinH mod's and we have the no lynch debate in his honor, guess that won't happen this time around though. 

((meant to bold))

I mean, we could still have the debate anyways. It's not a Kevin game without a no lynch of some sort. And it's good to know that despite not being here for years, some things haven't changed.  :lol:

Retired Council Member
Retired Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

Claim to your heart's content.
I would bet that everyone claims that they are a cop.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

vgmmaster

vgmmaster

Cast IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 686 posts
  • Resources:

But if we all clamed cop, that would mean one of us is lying  :lol:.

And you all know what we do to liars.  :angry:

Retired Council Member
Retired Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180

Nice to get a game starting off again! Interesting concept as well with all cops..havent played one like this before.

Sane and insane cops can potentially be able to figure themselves out as either sane or insane (if not pin it down exactly) after night 1 depending on either their second investigation result and/or the mafia kill.

I was thinking along these lines as well, agreed. We need at least 2 investigations to know (kind of) what kind of cop we are. Interesting point raised by kevin as well, the goon will also probably claim cop, so it will be interesting to see how things go.

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

vgmmaster

vgmmaster

Cast IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 686 posts
  • Resources:

Nice to get a game starting off again! Interesting concept as well with all cops..havent played one like this before.

Sane and insane cops can potentially be able to figure themselves out as either sane or insane (if not pin it down exactly) after night 1 depending on either their second investigation result and/or the mafia kill.

I was thinking along these lines as well, agreed. We need at least 2 investigations to know (kind of) what kind of cop we are. Interesting point raised by kevin as well, the goon will also probably claim cop, so it will be interesting to see how things go.

100%. We've all been able to eliminate one potential cop role from the four available for ourselves. Depending on the day / night, we'll be able to find out for sure if we are paranoid or naïve if applicable (and know our individual investigations are useless) or that we're sane or insane (but not necessarily which). In a perfect world, depending on who we've investigated, we'd figure it out exactly. If an investigation for a cop came up as town on night 0, that person is lynched day 1 and proven innocent, and then they get a guilty night 1, boom, we have our man and that cop is sane. The reverse is also true if the cop is insane. If her investigation says guilty on night 0, that person is lynched and they're town and then proceeds to get an innocent result for night 1, then once again, we have our man.

With that said, if multiple of us have investigated the same person, that could pinpoint a potential good lynch target for day 1 provided no other useful information. And with day ones generally being the crapshoot that they are, it might not be a bad option.

Retired Council Member
Retired Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Northern Empire

Northern Empire

Forged

• BR|Member
  • 99 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:273843
  • Souls Baptized:19,483,079
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:@northernempire

100%. We've all been able to eliminate one potential cop role from the four available for ourselves. Depending on the day / night, we'll be able to find out for sure if we are paranoid or naïve if applicable (and know our individual investigations are useless) or that we're sane or insane (but not necessarily which). In a perfect world, depending on who we've investigated, we'd figure it out exactly. If an investigation for a cop came up as town on night 0, that person is lynched day 1 and proven innocent, and then they get a guilty night 1, boom, we have our man and that cop is sane. The reverse is also true if the cop is insane. If her investigation says guilty on night 0, that person is lynched and they're town and then proceeds to get an innocent result for night 1, then once again, we have our man.

With that said, if multiple of us have investigated the same person, that could pinpoint a potential good lynch target for day 1 provided no other useful information. And with day ones generally being the crapshoot that they are, it might not be a bad option.

so can we talk amongst ourselves to decide on the lynch target or do we submit a independent vote? 

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

so can we talk amongst ourselves to decide on the lynch target or do we submit a independent vote?

You discuss in this thread and then post votes in this thread.

Vote Count:

Chaplain of Death (0):

Imran Ehsan (0):

Northern Empire (0):

vgmmaster (0):

Zacch (0):

Not voting: Chaplain of Death, Imran Ehsan, Northern Empire, vgmmaster, Zacch

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:

If an investigation for a cop came up as town on night 0, that person is lynched day 1 and proven innocent, and then they get a guilty night 1, boom, we have our man and that cop is sane. The reverse is also true if the cop is insane. If her investigation says guilty on night 0, that person is lynched and they're town and then proceeds to get an innocent result for night 1, then once again, we have our man.

I can get behind this. Only problem I see with this is if we lynch someone based on the goon's claim, because he can then easily claim that someone else is guilty and get him lynched, and by that time game will be over. 

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:

You can post your thoughts on who to lynch on Day 1 (D1) as there is no option for lynching "no one" in this game. You can also post about why you think the person you voted to be lynched should be voted by others as well. The more people post the easier it is to filter out the scum because they will try to lie low and not post something inadvertently that reveals he is scum.

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651

Claim to your heart's content.
I would bet that everyone claims that they are a cop.

This was my assumption but wanted to make sure since I was modkilled in one of the last games I played for doing less than this.

You can post your thoughts on who to lynch on Day 1 (D1) as there is no option for lynching "no one" in this game. You can also post about why you think the person you voted to be lynched should be voted by others as well. The more people post the easier it is to filter out the scum because they will try to lie low and not post something inadvertently that reveals he is scum.

Even with fake results from the goon hopefully we can start to lock in on what our individual modifiers are. 

I investigated Zacch and received a scum result.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

vgmmaster

vgmmaster

Cast IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 686 posts
  • Resources:

If an investigation for a cop came up as town on night 0, that person is lynched day 1 and proven innocent, and then they get a guilty night 1, boom, we have our man and that cop is sane. The reverse is also true if the cop is insane. If her investigation says guilty on night 0, that person is lynched and they're town and then proceeds to get an innocent result for night 1, then once again, we have our man.

I can get behind this. Only problem I see with this is if we lynch someone based on the goon's claim, because he can then easily claim that someone else is guilty and get him lynched, and by that time game will be over. 

That is certainly a concern. But four of us have at least one investigation already done. And if there's a day 2, two of us will have a second investigation (since the third person will be mafia). Presuming we lynch a cop today, if the three remaining cops all investigate the same person, then there will be two results on said person for day 2. Not saying that's the best route yet, as the stats could show that as flawed (haven't tried breaking it down yet), but it's one idea at least. Also depends on who we all investigated for night 0. 

There's also the possibility that mafia may opt to not kill night 1? I'm sure that's not likely, but it raises the question of if there's a time limit for night 1 actions or if it'll last until everyone sends in an action. Kevin?

Even with fake results from the goon hopefully we can start to lock in on what our individual modifiers are. 

I investigated Zacch and received a scum result.

That's my hope as well. I was also waiting until everyone at least posted before revealing my result, but if we're going to start sharing...

I got a guilty result on Imran Ehsan. 

Retired Council Member
Retired Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: open, 5-player

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter