Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[KH-27] Dethy I Mafia - MAFIA Wins

open 5-player

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

Northern Empire

Northern Empire

Forged

• BR|Member
  • 99 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:273843
  • Souls Baptized:19,483,079
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:@northernempire

snip

Even with fake results from the goon hopefully we can start to lock in on what our individual modifiers are. 

I investigated Zacch and received a scum result.

Not pointing the finger at Chaplain here, but quoting for posterity. Noteworthy that Chaplain was the first to reveal his investigation without being prompted. Also one of two to investigate Zacch.

so you are saying you wish to hang Imran? 

In response to my investigation of Imran coming up guilty. I never once claimed to want to lynch them at the time.

ok, now i understand, 

i investigated Zacch,

the result 

Zacch is Mafia

Imran clarifies my post, then Empire reveals as the second person to investigate Zacch and took being prompted to reveal their investigation Not suspicious in itself, but as someone who got a guilty result herself on someone else, unless one of the three of us is sane with an accurate result, I'm leaning to think either Chaplain or Empire is scum with this early link to each other. 

That's two guilty results for Zacch and is making him a potentially good lynch target for day 1 as, provided nobody has lied thus far could make clearer some of our sanities.

Present inactivity isn't doing him any favors either, but I realize it was also labor day weekend which may play into that.

I would agree, 

he seems to be the one rising to the top for lynching, 

Just like that, Empire agreeing with me and instead of seeming to want to shoot for a lynch on Imran switches quickly to Zacch. While points for Zacch were being made at the time, I'm noticing a trend that Empire doesn't seem to be thinking for themselves much as of right now. 

Vote Count:
Imran Ehsan (1): Zacch

Chaplain of Death (0):
Northern Empire (0):
vgmmaster (0):
Zacch (0):

Not voting: Chaplain of Death, Imran Ehsan, Northern Empire, vgmmaster

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

I vote for Zacch

And a vote without any reasoning. 

I'll admit to not knowing Empire's playstyle (or really anyone's here except for Kevin's), so maybe this is normal for him. But as of right now Empire is the scummiest in my eyes. And with that said:

VOTE: Northern Empire 

not sure why you believe i was targeting Imram, this was not the case

I was asking if you were targeting them, this was an attempt to gather more intel. which i did get. 

we received two guilty verdict for Zacch, 

this is the entirety of the basis for my vote, it could be said that the paranoid cop and the insane cop investigated him to get this result, but it could also be equally stated that the sane cop investigated him, if it was the Paranoid and the Sane, we would have the result we do. 

what interesting is that given what we know you didn't vote for Zacch, it would have been the easy vote without drawing any attention, and completing the lynch. -- Very interesting. 

this is turning out to be quite an enjoyable, :)  

vgmmaster

vgmmaster

Cast IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 686 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Foxtrot

I was asking if you were targeting them, this was an attempt to gather more intel. which i did get.

I never said that you were aiming for a lynch on Imran, only that it seemed like such. If I would have pushed for a lynch on them, I question if you would've gone harder on them. 

we received two guilty verdict for Zacch,  this is the entirety of the basis for my vote, it could be said that the paranoid cop and the insane cop investigated him to get this result, but it could also be equally stated that the sane cop investigated him, if it was the Paranoid and the Sane, we would have the result we do.  what interesting is that given what we know you didn't vote for Zacch, it would have been the easy vote without drawing any attention, and completing the lynch. -- Very interesting. 

And you're right, provided you and chaplain are telling you the truth with your investigations, we did get two guilty verdicts on Zacch. And I addressed how that's possible in my post before last. 

As for voting for Zacch, I didn't wish to vote at the time because I wanted to see if 1) How active would he be and 2) what his result was. If I was scum, I could have voted for Zacch and had justification enough to do so at the time and see if anybody else wanted to tag along and hammer in a lynch, but I wanted to hear them speak before deciding on anything as that dictated my next move and where my thoughts may go.

Because while we were all looking at Zacch, the other person I was looking at was you Empire (and in part Chaplain, if only because of you both being linked in the Zacch investigation). As to why? It's simple. What's more likely? Two mafia and two town investigations or a 3/1 split in either favor? Because it's a 25% chance the insane cop could get a town result indicating mafia, while the reverse is true for the sane cop investigating actual mafia. But they both have higher odds of a missed investigation. And yes, one could hit while the other misses. But what if they both hit or they both miss? What are the odds there?

Retired Council Member
Retired Admin
Retired CO of old Foxtrot
Retired Diplomat for RHG, RIA
Retired Red Team Recruiter

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
  • Squadron:Kilo

Vote Count:

Imran Ehsan (1): Zacch
Zacch (1): Northern Empire
Northern Empire (1): vgmmaster
Chaplain of Death (0):
vgmmaster (0):

Not voting: Chaplain of Death, Imran Ehsan

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Zacch

Zacch

Cast IRON

• Military - Delta Officers
  • 609 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:531407
  • Souls Baptized:708,171
  • Squadron:Delta

I never said that you were aiming for a lynch on Imran, only that it seemed like such. If I would have pushed for a lynch on them, I question if you would've gone harder on them. 

we received two guilty verdict for Zacch,  this is the entirety of the basis for my vote, it could be said that the paranoid cop and the insane cop investigated him to get this result, but it could also be equally stated that the sane cop investigated him, if it was the Paranoid and the Sane, we would have the result we do.  what interesting is that given what we know you didn't vote for Zacch, it would have been the easy vote without drawing any attention, and completing the lynch. -- Very interesting. 

And you're right, provided you and chaplain are telling you the truth with your investigations, we did get two guilty verdicts on Zacch. And I addressed how that's possible in my post before last. 

As for voting for Zacch, I didn't wish to vote at the time because I wanted to see if 1) How active would he be and 2) what his result was. If I was scum, I could have voted for Zacch and had justification enough to do so at the time and see if anybody else wanted to tag along and hammer in a lynch, but I wanted to hear them speak before deciding on anything as that dictated my next move and where my thoughts may go.

Because while we were all looking at Zacch, the other person I was looking at was you Empire (and in part Chaplain, if only because of you both being linked in the Zacch investigation). As to why? It's simple. What's more likely? Two mafia and two town investigations or a 3/1 split in either favor? Because it's a 25% chance the insane cop could get a town result indicating mafia, while the reverse is true for the sane cop investigating actual mafia. But they both have higher odds of a missed investigation. And yes, one could hit while the other misses. But what if they both hit or they both miss? What are the odds there?

I feel like I have more information than everyone else, knowing concrete that I am town and that both Chap and NEs claims are inaccurate for a fact.

There are a few different possible outcomes:

1. NE is scum, Chap is Insane or Paranoid, Imran is sane, I am naive and vgm is insane or paranoid. That would explain why there is a discrepancy between results on Imran and why chap sees me as scum.

2. Imran is scum, Chap is insane or paranoid, NE is insane or paranoid, I am naive and vgm is sane. Again, providing an explanation for the discrepancy between results on Imran and why both chap and NE see me as scum.

3. VGM is scum, Chap is insane or paranoid, NE is insane or paranoid, I am naive and Imran is sane. VGM claiming Imran is scum would be a fake claim. That would explain why both chap and NE see me as scum.

I don't see any way for Chap to be scum with Imran's claim that he is town, that would then require three false positives, one for NEs claim on me, one for Imran's claim on chap and one for VGM's claim on Imran, so I think we can rule out Chap at this point.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Zacch

Zacch

Cast IRON

• 609 posts
  • Resources:

Without editing my previous post, it is actually possible for Chap to be scum still. Disregard clearing him.

4. Chap is scum, NE is paranoid or insane, Imran is naive, VGM is paranoid or insane and I am sane. 

Its clear that we need another day to really nail this down.

My lynching will prove that Chap and NEs claims against me are false.

This might be the right move for town to confirm those facts and pair them with N1 investigations.

I will take the fall if town feels this is the right move in the interest of knowing the truth.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651

I feel like I have more information than everyone else, knowing concrete that I am town and that both Chap and NEs claims are inaccurate for a fact.

There are a few different possible outcomes:

1. NE is scum, Chap is Insane or Paranoid, Imran is sane, I am naive and vgm is insane or paranoid. That would explain why there is a discrepancy between results on Imran and why chap sees me as scum.

2. Imran is scum, Chap is insane or paranoid, NE is insane or paranoid, I am naive and vgm is sane. Again, providing an explanation for the discrepancy between results on Imran and why both chap and NE see me as scum.

3. VGM is scum, Chap is insane or paranoid, NE is insane or paranoid, I am naive and Imran is sane. VGM claiming Imran is scum would be a fake claim. That would explain why both chap and NE see me as scum.

I don't see any way for Chap to be scum with Imran's claim that he is town, that would then require three false positives, one for NEs claim on me, one for Imran's claim on chap and one for VGM's claim on Imran, so I think we can rule out Chap at this point.

Without editing my previous post, it is actually possible for Chap to be scum still. Disregard clearing him.

4. Chap is scum, NE is paranoid or insane, Imran is naive, VGM is paranoid or insane and I am sane. 

Its clear that we need another day to really nail this down.

My lynching will prove that Chap and NEs claims against me are false.

This might be the right move for town to confirm those facts and pair them with N1 investigations.

I will take the fall if town feels this is the right move in the interest of knowing the truth.

Cool, this was the info we needed (that I just have not had the time to sit down and go through all the permutations to receive the results we did).

I feel like it is most likely that we will need a 2nd day to find our culprit. That said given our current results and claims, we should be able to pair those with day 1 result and night 1 investigations to figure out people's sanities and find the scum. We receive the least amount of information from lynching vgm or Northern Empire since nobody investigated either of them. I'm comfortable with any of the other 3 of us being the target for the day for the sake of maximum information gain.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180

wow..I fail to check in for a day and the game has blown up. I will reveiew everyones posts and post my own analysis later when I have some time.

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:

I will post my general feelings

(i) Zacch posted last after knowing everyones results. If he is scum he would claim an investigation result that would try to shift the suspicion to someone else (as he already knows he has 2 guilty results on him). As I already had a guilty result on me from VGM, it would not be a surprising move from him to claim the opposite result on me (if he's scum). 

(ii) I agree with VGM that NE's posts and actions have been a bit scummy. He comes off as a nooby to mafia games so that may be it or it can easily be that he is a nooby scum and who jumped on a second guilty vote on Zacch (who was inactive at that point) in trying to get a lynch.

(iii) finally I wont count out VGM and COD to be non-scum just based on how early they voted. Both of them are experienced players and probably expert at manipulating townies.

In any case, I know I am town so based on my N0 result I can say I am either Sane/Naive/Insane. If I am insane then COD is scum, if I am not insane COD is clear and one of Zacch/NE/VGM is scum. I feel one more nights results will make things a lot clearer.

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Zacch

Zacch

Cast IRON

• 609 posts
  • Resources:

(i) Zacch posted last after knowing everyones results. If he is scum he would claim an investigation result that would try to shift the suspicion to someone else (as he already knows he has 2 guilty results on him). As I already had a guilty result on me from VGM, it would not be a surprising move from him to claim the opposite result on me (if he's scum). 

(ii) I agree with VGM that NE's posts and actions have been a bit scummy. He comes off as a nooby to mafia games so that may be it or it can easily be that he is a nooby scum and who jumped on a second guilty vote on Zacch (who was inactive at that point) in trying to get a lynch.

(iii) finally I wont count out VGM and COD to be non-scum just based on how early they voted. Both of them are experienced players and probably expert at manipulating townies.

In any case, I know I am town so based on my N0 result I can say I am either Sane/Naive/Insane. If I am insane then COD is scum, if I am not insane COD is clear and one of Zacch/NE/VGM is scum. I feel one more nights results will make things a lot clearer.

Whether you think I'm scum or not, we need three votes on someone to end the day. Like I said in my previous post, lynching myself seems to provide the most information for town to work with moving forward.

Unvote

Vote: Zacch

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

Vote Count:

Zacch (2): Northern Empire, Zacch
Northern Empire (1): vgmmaster
Imran Ehsan (0):
Chaplain of Death (0):
vgmmaster (0):

Not voting: Chaplain of Death, Imran Ehsan

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
Well I am not sure what to make of that move from zacch voting for himself. Zacch and NE are both on my sus list but I am not sure a scum will put himself so close to lynching. I will go with NE and let cod decide.

Vote Northen Empire

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Zacch

Zacch

Cast IRON

• 609 posts
  • Resources:

Unvote

Vote Northern Empire

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Northern Empire

Northern Empire

Forged

• BR|Member
  • 99 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:273843
  • Souls Baptized:19,483,079
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:@northernempire

LOL, Zach played you guys, 

he has literally changed his vote 3 times, but no, that's not suspicious at all. 

I have voted once and asked questions. nothing more. 

good night and good luck, 

Edited by Northern Empire, 08 September 2023 - 10:42 PM.

Zacch

Zacch

Cast IRON

• 609 posts
  • Resources:

Just wanted to see NE's reaction, now I know for certain Imran is scum.

Unvote

Vote Imran

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651

If you were Naive I would still not be clear.

Unvote

Vote Imran

huh?

Also we hit 3 votes, does it go through then or not?

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

The day ended when Northern Empire got 3 votes.
Zacch's change of votes after that does not count.

Vote Count:

Northern Empire (3): vgmmaster, Imran Ehsan, Zacch
Zacch (1): Northern Empire,
Imran Ehsan (0):
Chaplain of Death (0):
vgmmaster (0):

Not voting: Chaplain of Death,

Northern Empire, a Town Cop, has been lynched.

It is now Night 1. Please PM all actions to me in your role thread.
The night will end when I have received all actions.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

The town assembled at daybreak after Night 1 ended.
Everyone says they are cops but someone is lying.

Vgmmaster, Town Cop, was killed in the night.

It is now Day 2.

Vote Count:

Zacch (0):
Imran Ehsan (0):
Chaplain of Death (0):

Not voting: Zacch, Imran Ehsan, Chaplain of Death

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:

Kevin clarified that No lynch is not an option in this game. So it was not like time was runnng out and you had to rush a vote on NE to lynch him before COD had a chance to weigh in. 

Last night I investigated Zacch and I received the result Town.

N0, I investigated COD -> received Town

N1 I investigated Zacch -> received Town

It is not possible that both of them are town, one of them is the scum. So I am not the Sane cop. Also I am not the insane cop or I would have received mafia result when I investigated the scum. Therefore I am the naive Cop.

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:

I have a pretty good idea who the scum is, but I want to hear the others results/claims before I post my analysis

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:

By the way, please remember this is the final day. I would ask that you do not post a Vote on someone until everyone had a chance to post. Because if you are wrong with your vote, the scum will hammer and win the game.

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: open, 5-player

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter