Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Brexit

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503943
  • Souls Baptized:2,946,004
  • Squadron:Kilo
The Malvinas should absolutely be part of Argentina! :P

You bring up some valid points, but I suspect Scotland has enough impetus to make an independence vote take this time. Might be a disaster for them but I'm sure Bruxelles will be more than happy to float them a loan after the requisite 60 reams of paperwork are filled out. :P
Finster Baby
Acme States
Proud to be the 5th IRON President.
Happily Retired. Here we go again...

IRON Minister of Defence. That means I get to play with the big guns! :D
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

Well we shall see whether the EU is here to stay or not. The next few 20 or so years will tell, but I'm not about to make any bets.

I bet on Britain leaving, and was right. I'm happy to bet on EU. Doesn't mean I agree with it, but I'll take that bet.

Alas (for Britain), you are mistaken. This is indeed the final courtain on Britain's aspiration to mean somehing again. Years will pass, EU will persevere and Britain... well Britain will have been forgotten.

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Note, I  keep refering to Britain, because it is at least likely that nothing else will be left.

Sorry to burst your bubble :P

i'm still laughing

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Note, I  keep refering to Britain, because it is at least likely that nothing else will be left.

I have to agree with him here. The UK will probably fracture. Scotland will go its own way. There's movement in Northern Ireland to unify with Ireland.

Not sure what the Welsh will do, so it'll be England and Wales. Hardly a UK.

Wales went for LEAVE, Ireland was 55% remain and scotland went for 62%.

One of the best things about BREXIT is sitting back and watching all the funny money and ludicrous PE ratios go up in flames.  

Long may the stock markets burn; one day we will get back to the market setting prices and not the central banks.  One day Mr Market will be in control by hook or by crook and the grand fiat ponzi will be done.  

Here's to freedom and democratically (flawed as democracy is) elected leaders o/

Long may we have the ballot to sack the bastards when they get greedy or fuck things up o/

*dislikes central banks setting market prices*

*wants market price settings*

banks ARE PART of a free market, whetever you like it or not, atleast with "central banks" they are somewhat meant to support the local affiliation instead of just their shareholders...

also about that elected officials, still not sure how the EU isn't an elected body. Then again perhaps this is my "tone" that ccabal doesn't like?

++ The Gibraltar - Spain this is funny indeed, they just don't like it for "history" reasons.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bill N Ted

Bill N Ted

Troll Lord

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,138 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:049308

The Malvinas should absolutely be part of Argentina! :P

You bring up some valid points, but I suspect Scotland has enough impetus to make an independence vote take this time. Might be a disaster for them but I'm sure Bruxelles will be more than happy to float them a loan after the requisite 60 reams of paperwork are filled out. :P

The Malvinas / Falkland Islands depending upon from where you hail are a part of the South American continent.  No doubt, however they have been inhabited by British settlers prior to the 1800's and since the early 1800's where Britain reasserted its claim.  The Louisiana purchase took place roughly 30 years prior to the UK reasserting its claim on these islands.

This is the problem with countries, things get sticky and icky and usually comes down to nationality and ethnicity - the people make the country.  One of my many reasons to vote out; the natives are becoming a rare breed in our own lands; currently 1 in 10 people in the UK were not born here and as far as I am concerned foreign.  I voted not to become a minority in my own lands where my children's birth right is simply given away by unelected officials in a foreign land to people who are non native, do not share our customs, indeed bring alien customs to our shores and become hostile when told "no".  

Fuck forced multiculturalism.  

Dropping canned Sunshine since December 2006
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

January, IRON's Member of the Month is obvious. With our two top Military guys out for the Holidays, we had a monumental problem. IRON needed not only a leader to step up and lead our highly motivated Military, but one to also lead our sides coalition. We needed someone who the rest of the world respected and had the experience to plan and execute a winning battle strategy. While the opportunity to lead the coalition did not emerge, he took the job knowing that he may very well be the Master Military Coordinator of the Coalition. IRON's Military was in good hands. Also while the war wound down he took over the Awards Dept issuing some long over due awards. I present to you the protector of puppies, taker of Welsh virginity, the son of IRON, Bill N Ted.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

aaaah, the "my society is so tolerable to just myself" assertion, lovely.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bill N Ted

Bill N Ted

Troll Lord

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,138 posts
  • Resources:

I have to agree with him here. The UK will probably fracture. Scotland will go its own way. There's movement in Northern Ireland to unify with Ireland.

Not sure what the Welsh will do, so it'll be England and Wales. Hardly a UK.

Wales went for LEAVE, Ireland was 55% remain and scotland went for 62%.

One of the best things about BREXIT is sitting back and watching all the funny money and ludicrous PE ratios go up in flames.  

Long may the stock markets burn; one day we will get back to the market setting prices and not the central banks.  One day Mr Market will be in control by hook or by crook and the grand fiat ponzi will be done.  

Here's to freedom and democratically (flawed as democracy is) elected leaders o/

Long may we have the ballot to sack the bastards when they get greedy or fuck things up o/

*dislikes central banks setting market prices*

*wants market price settings*

banks ARE PART of a free market, whetever you like it or not, atleast with "central banks" they are somewhat meant to support the local affiliation instead of just their shareholders...

also about that elected officials, still not sure how the EU isn't an elected body. Then again perhaps this is my "tone" that ccabal doesn't like?

++ The Gibraltar - Spain this is funny indeed, they just don't like it for "history" reasons.

The free market does not exist, nor has it existed for over 100 years; what exists is an illusion of a free market.  Free markets do not have embargoes, sanctions etc; its free trade as you do not give a damn what other people are doing.  

A free market has not existed since the establishment of the Federal Reserve and respective national central banks.  You do not have a free market when interest rates are dictated via central banks, what you have then is a centrally planned economy with obvious routes for political interference in that economy.

When interest rates are controlled by the free market and not central banks, that is the day you have a free market; as such a free market has not existed in the Western world since 1913.

Money should be created by the people and for the people; and not monopolized to a central bank which DOES have shareholders.  

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

January, IRON's Member of the Month is obvious. With our two top Military guys out for the Holidays, we had a monumental problem. IRON needed not only a leader to step up and lead our highly motivated Military, but one to also lead our sides coalition. We needed someone who the rest of the world respected and had the experience to plan and execute a winning battle strategy. While the opportunity to lead the coalition did not emerge, he took the job knowing that he may very well be the Master Military Coordinator of the Coalition. IRON's Military was in good hands. Also while the war wound down he took over the Awards Dept issuing some long over due awards. I present to you the protector of puppies, taker of Welsh virginity, the son of IRON, Bill N Ted.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

Wait, you think a "free" market ever excisted?

Welp, guess the "money makes right" and "money gives power" myths were clearly made this century.

There have always been "guiding" principles in a marketplace, and most regulation is even welcomed so an "even" playing field can be constructed for all to enjoy.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

Which EU Commissioner did you vote for?

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

The one from Belgium, who else? Surprisingly not of the party I voted for, but hey, my vote went to a party not in the current majority block, a real shocker my candidates didn't got a spot on the Commision! SHOCKER!

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bill N Ted

Bill N Ted

Troll Lord

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,138 posts
  • Resources:

aaaah, the "my society is so tolerable to just myself" assertion, lovely.

I am for immigration; my own girlfriend is foreign (Lithuanian).  I just dont want the third world dumped on my doorstep and have to deal with all the problems they bring with them.  I work with people of many nationalities, I have no issues with them as they have come to the UK with something to offer and they work hard. 

I don't want the unwashed masses of the third world that demand my society change in order to accommodate them all the while holding the beggar bowl out pleading think of my children - now give me free healthcare, housing and social benefits whilst I decry how much I hate your country and the people in it.   

Vet people coming into the country; bring on a system like Australia, have something to offer? Great welcome aboard the 20:16 BREXIT train; don't meet the criteria? GTFO; there is a 20:18 Gravy Train heading for Brussels we have enough of our own poor simpletons without adding you into the fold.  

I don't owe anyone my culture, I don't owe them my future; I don't owe them my country and I sure as hell don't owe them a free life on welfare.  Want a free country?  Do what my forebears did and go back and fight for it; in the mean time maybe you should stop imprisoning rape victims for adultery and create a country where you actually want to live in.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

Didn't knew the UK had no "return on deny of application" process, perhaps you should fix this issue?

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

The one from Belgium, who else?

Oh really? Are you on the European Council then? Or maybe you're and MEP? Or maybe youre just selling the good old "the guy's vote that the guy voted for that the guy voted for on whom I voted is actually my vote" bullshit?

Edited by ccabal86, 24 June 2016 - 10:03 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

Oh really? Are you on the European Council then? Or maybe you're and MEP? Or maybe youre just selling the good old "the guy's vote that the guy voted for that the guy voted for on whom I voted is actually my vote" bullshit?

The party list I voted for (or rather the guy) is in the European Parliament. That party's membership of the greater Europea power that they joined has a couple parliament votees as Commision members, I don't see how this is any different from your local national election.

You throw a tantrum when your voted person wasn't made high chancelor? You like throwing a tantrum often?

The EU Parliament is voted DIRECTLY, the EU Commision is made from that Parliaments members DIRECTLY.

I am clearly using the wrong tone...

Guess this is that "the power level is to far "above" me so I dislike it" bullshit.

EDIT: Here is one you "didn't" vote for: Didier Seeuws, or the Belgian diplomat who will be starting up the task force dedicated to findout how Article 50 will be implemeted.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

The party list I voted for (or rather the guy) is in the European Parliament. That party's membership of the greater Europea power that they joined has a couple parliament votees as Commision members, I don't see how this is any different from your local national election.

You throw a tantrum when your voted person wasn't made high chancelor? You like throwing a tantrum often?

The EU Parliament is voted DIRECTLY, the EU Commision is made from that Parliaments members DIRECTLY.

I am clearly using the wrong tone...

Guess this is that "the power level is to far "above" me so I dislike it" bullshit.

EDIT: Here is one you "didn't" vote for: Didier Seeuws, or the Belgian diplomat who will be starting up the task force dedicated to findout how Article 50 will be implemeted.

The EU commission is NOT selected from the members of the European Parliament. The Council puts forth a candidate (usually a national politician) and the Parliament puts a rubber stamp on it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Commission#Appointment

Once again, you demonstarte your laziness by failing to do basic research. Couple that with your haugty attitude and you might just get a clue to what I was talking about earlier. Either way, I find it harder and harder to take your posts seriously.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

Scotland turned down independence from the UK not too long ago, and some of you now believe Scotland will want independence now, because the UK leaves the EU? Then Scotland only wants to be UK for the EU? I'm confused...

I don't think this will be the last domino to fall. Soon others will want out as well. The global economy of the long romanced "One World" society is crumbling before our eyes. Humans will always desire their own identity, be masters of their own destiny, and excel in a competitive world. My British cousins decided they wanted to stay Englishmen, and the USA has your back no matter what the idiot currently in the White House says. Socialism sucks.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:590694
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Black Rook

Scotland turned down independence from the UK not too long ago, and some of you now believe Scotland will want independence now, because the UK leaves the EU? Then Scotland only wants to be UK for the EU? I'm confused...

I don't think this will be the last domino to fall. Soon others will want out as well. The global economy of the long romanced "One World" society is crumbling before our eyes. Humans will always desire their own identity, be masters of their own destiny, and excel in a competitive world. My British cousins decided they wanted to stay Englishmen, and the USA has your back no matter what the idiot currently in the White House says. Socialism sucks.

Well a big part of the remain campaign for Scotland was that if they left it would be hard to gain EU membership again, majority of Scotland wanted to stay in the EU. It's valid to think that Scotland might leave if there was a referendum in the morning.

-----

And thank you to Blade the most merciful Master of Nukes

-----

Posted Image

ZI is good for you[iron]>
builds character[iron]>

-----

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bill N Ted

Bill N Ted

Troll Lord

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,138 posts
  • Resources:

Many thanks Lysistrata.

Scotland has not asked for independence following the BREXIT vote, only the Scottish National Party (SNP).  Please refer to my earlier post of an Englishman farting north of the border for further explanation or here for a partisan though less so than my own explanation.

Parties can ask for and demand whatever they want; though as in Wales my home country in the UK the political parties are totally disconnected from the public.  For an outsider this could be confusing (I am unaware of your knowledge so apologies if this is patronising) the UK has devolved governments within the Kingdom, Wales has the Senedd or what I refer to as "The Pantomime down at the Bay (Cardiff Bay)", Holyrood Scotland, Stormont in Belfast Northern Ireland.  Parliament, London, England.

Each have their own elected officials within their own country in ADDITION to members of Parliament (in London) that represent them whom they also elect.  

The SNP in Scotland are calling for a referendum on remaining in the UK, this is a separate issue to the UK leaving the EU. This is a regional assembly/parliament getting above itself again.  

As a Welshman National Assembly being created at the Senedd AKA The Pantomime down at the Bay.  I treat them with the utter contempt that they deserve; the Scots however seem to have caught Braveheart Fever and are usually calling for a referendum for this or that at the behest of the SNP for whatever whimsical notion best fits the bill.  This doesn't correlate to the will of the voting public however.  

I love Scotland, its great and if you have never been I would thoroughly recommend it; but the government is made up of third rate hacks much like what I have to put up with in Wales; though thankfully my local worthless politicians are not calling for referendums left right and center although the majority called for the electorate to vote "Remain".  

Cameron resigned; Carwyn Jones my Pantomime leader thus far has avoided the chopping block.  I personally hope he is sent to the unemployment line.  

Politics 101 - don't trust the fuckers - the pigs always defend their trough.  

Hurrah for leaving the EU  :D

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

Well a big part of the remain campaign for Scotland was that if they left it would be hard to gain EU membership again, majority of Scotland wanted to stay in the EU. It's valid to think that Scotland might leave if there was a referendum in the morning.

This is the United Kingdom we're talking about... this is not a troubled nation that doesn't know how to manage a checkbook. I can't even begin to imagine a world without the UK. You guys gave us Churchill, James Bond, The Beatles, Guinness, and H. G. Wells. It doesn't stop there, and never will... there is just too much to list. You guys are better than the European Union, and if the shit ever hits the fan, I would choose to be next to you, because deep in your DNA... you guys are real badasses. Don't ever sell yourselves short, or believe you can't do something... your history has shown the world that you can do anything.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:590694
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Black Rook

This is the United Kingdom we're talking about... this is not a troubled nation that doesn't know how to manage a checkbook. I can't even begin to imagine a world without the UK. You guys gave us Churchill, James Bond, The Beatles, Guinness, and H. G. Wells. It doesn't stop there, and never will... there is just too much to list. You guys are better than the European Union, and if the shit ever hits the fan, I would choose to be next to you, because deep in your DNA... you guys are real badasses. Don't ever sell yourselves short, or believe you can't do something... your history has shown the world that you can do anything.
It's in my DNA to murder the British!

-----

-----

Posted Image

ZI is good for you[iron]>
builds character[iron]>

-----

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Canik

Canik

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 764 posts
  • Resources:

As a somewhat ignorant American I don't know enough about the EU to know whether it will continue or if it deserves to. Whether or not is was for the better of Europe.

But I do know enough about politics in general that I'm fairly certain if the EU does collapse a new version will eventually arise. There are just too many benefits to a united Europe. USA wouldn't be as strong divided up, nor China, nor Russia, and the same should hold true for Europe. I see this as more of a bump in the road, not a change in long-term trend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users