Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Elections 2020 Thread

• Please log in to reply
456 replies to this topic

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

well I already halfly understood why the GOP is shoveling that bullshit

I'm glad I was able to increase your understanding better than 50%.

From what came out of CPAC this weekend, it looks more and more like he's not finished yet. All energy is focused on the 2022 midterms right now, but it's already written that if Trump wants the job in 2024, it will be his. I have hope that he will just act as the ultimate lightning rod, and at the last minute flip it to Ron DeSantis and watch all the Democrats just self destruct... but this is Donald Trump, and he doesn't walk off into the sunset.

It's gonna be fun... and you get to watch it all on the CBB (Communist Broadcasting of Belgium)

The one that is hating her own life right now is Lisa Murkowski... she now has a whopping 6% approval in Alaska. Voting to impeach Trump was political suicide. Same with Liz Cheney... her daddy can't save her this time. Time to clean house!

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I always seek out a deeper understanding. Thou their are limits to understanding the ramblings of madmen.

CPAC sounded nice, very inclusive even with all the banned speakers (lol Gaetz) and hollered out GOP hopefulls (Caitlyn Jenner). But don't worry, Boebert was there to proclaim all the evils of Democrats (vaccination is Holocaust?) to a crowd who reaped all of their benefits (booo Obamacare!).

oo CBB. Never heared of that, we just have actual factual news agencies. A blessing to be sure.

Night of the long knifes it is! yeah out with the old GOP, we want new GOP! With tiki torches!

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Night of the long knifes it is! yeah out with the old GOP, we want new GOP! With tiki torches!

I don't think it's that dramatic... it's Alaska and Wyoming. Just like the New York City Mayoral Primary where whichever Democrat wins the Primary will be the next Mayor... whichever Republican wins the Primary, will win the seats. It's more a case of "If you sleep with dogs, you get fleas"... the Trump hating Republicans will go down in glorious flames. Too bad Romney isn't up for reelection... he's one of the few Republicans I really enjoy watching lose an election. He's such a coward.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

The hot water in Georgia is starting to boil. A few days ago it came out that 35,000 illegal votes were counted... that's votes that should never have been allowed to cast a vote. Now this bomb goes off... this is just naked fraud. Criminal.

Press Release (voterga.org)

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Georgia election rigging... this is not Cyber Ninjas in Arizona, this is Georgia. I want to see this in Pennsylvania and Nevada.

Then I want to see prison time for all involved.

Tucker Carlson reveal 'new evidence' of voter fraud in Georgia's Fulton County - YouTube

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

I don't think it's that dramatic... it's Alaska and Wyoming. Just like the New York City Mayoral Primary where whichever Democrat wins the Primary will be the next Mayor... whichever Republican wins the Primary, will win the seats. It's more a case of "If you sleep with dogs, you get fleas"... the Trump hating Republicans will go down in glorious flames. Too bad Romney isn't up for reelection... he's one of the few Republicans I really enjoy watching lose an election. He's such a coward.

"trump hating Republicans" atleast is a correct definition. Cause I fail to see how Trump is a Republican... (kinda same way how I fail to see how anyone in the "green party" is actually green...)

As for the "election/voting fraud", quick, get Kris Kobach on it!

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I think Trump dodged a bullet. Joe Biden is going down in flames over his Afghanistan troop pullout. That was a Trump campaign promise that he took too much of his sweet time to get it done, therefore he never completed his withdrawal plan.

Joe Biden announced to the world that he was pulling them all out by a specific date... and the end result is now a disaster there. Nobody knows if Trump would have done this a different way, or if his way would have had a different result... but I think it would have been the same no matter which one pulled the trigger. So now it's all Joe's fault.

If Joe's approval sinks much further, the Progressives will take him out back and tell him to "just look at the flowers".

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

Truth be told, I don't think ANYONE had thought that after an $83 bil investment, the Afghan army would collapse in less then a month.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Truth be told, I don't think ANYONE had thought that after an $83 bil investment, the Afghan army would collapse in less then a month.

They serve who pays them. I wouldn't want to die to protect that hellhole either.

I thought Obama would have been smart enough to pull us out after we got Osama bin Laden. It would have been so easy to declare victory, and leave... but he didn't do that. The stupidest line has always been... "We have to fight them over there, so we don't have to fight them here". What a boneheaded thing to say. It's so much easier to just not let them in.

Now since our border has been wide open all year... we're gonna have a problem all over again.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Joe Biden thought he would just go on vacation and hide at Camp David until it's over.

When his handlers figured out that wasn't gonna work, they loaded the mannequin up and flew it back to DC.

Just finished with it's address to the nation, and in a nutshell, it said 3 things...

It's Trumps fault

It's the Afghan army's fault

and... HELP!!!

Wanna start a pool on when his last day will be?

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

Yeah, lets blame Biden for following Trump's plan which he signed with the Taliban in 2020. But don't worry, the RNC already forgot all about that happening just so they can blame Biden!

Doesn't help when your "commander-in-cheif" flees the capital :(. The kinda silent Blitzkrieg that happened did indeed take most people by surprise, big part seem to be the complete inability of Afghans themselfes to organize and strategize an effective responce. That and when you got a tidal wave coming thruw, most would indeed just step aside and let it pass.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Yeah, lets blame Biden for following Trump's plan which he signed with the Taliban in 2020.

Very true that Trump wanted to get out of Afghanistan, but he didn't do it. Biden didn't have to do it either, but he did.

Biden crafted his own plan to get out, and it's a disaster.

Which Obama plan was Trump forced to continue when he took office?

The Paris Climate Accord? Nope... The Iran Nuclear Deal?... Nope... The Trans-Pacific Partnership?... Nope

Biden was not bound to follow anything that Trump did, or was planning to do. Joe Biden did this, and it's his fault.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Alexios

Alexios

Freshly IRONed

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 38 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:629474
  • Souls Baptized:0

There was no to exit Afghanistan that wouldn't have been a disaster.  Every invading army into Afghanistan has faced this same dilemma.  Both Alexander the Great and Genghis Khan invaded and fought in Afghanistan.   The British invaded Afghanistan three time between 1839 to 1842, and their withdrawal was declared to be one of the worst military disasters of the 19th century.   The Soviet Union also invaded three separate times in 1929, 1930 and a ten year war from 1979 to 1989.  In fact it was during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan that the United States and Saudi Arabia began providing funding for the Islamic Mujahideen.  After the Soviet withdrawal, infighting within the Mujahideen gave rise to the Warlords in Afganistan from which emerged the Taliban.  So as history has clearly shown this was the inevitable outcome once we set boots on the ground in Afganistan, we have just joined an already long list of nations that have experienced this exact scenario.  Ultimately when the people of Afganistan truly want to be free they will fight and die for their freedom and then they will eventually win their freedom, just like we did. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Everything this guy just said is true... probably the exact reason why Trump never pulled the trigger on leaving. But it's our shit sandwich, and we have to eat it. I still don't agree with bringing in thousands of Afghan refugees... it will be trouble.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

Yeah, lets blame Biden for following Trump's plan which he signed with the Taliban in 2020.

Very true that Trump wanted to get out of Afghanistan, but he didn't do it. Biden didn't have to do it either, but he did.

Biden crafted his own plan to get out, and it's a disaster.

Which Obama plan was Trump forced to continue when he took office?

The Paris Climate Accord? Nope... The Iran Nuclear Deal?... Nope... The Trans-Pacific Partnership?... Nope

Biden was not bound to follow anything that Trump did, or was planning to do. Joe Biden did this, and it's his fault.

trump legitimized the Taliban further then any world leader had done previously with those peace talks, heck the entire deal was shoved up the democratic elected president with little to no input from him or the Afghan political and military side of things.

Also don't reminds us of Trump showing of how international treaties seem to mean nothing to him or the Republican establishment. And your line even shows it was all for naught, cause the US is still in it >_> let alone the setback from blowing up the Iran Nuclear deal.

Biden followed previously accepted strategies and fulfilled a long-lasting wish from a majority of americans. As with others I actually doubt it could have been done "better" except by not doing it.

Everything this guy just said is true... probably the exact reason why Trump never pulled the trigger on leaving. But it's our shit sandwich, and we have to eat it. I still don't agree with bringing in thousands of Afghan refugees... it will be trouble.

Which side will make the "trouble" thou, the refugees or the folks who want to throw a fit over it? >_>

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

trump legitimized the Taliban further then any world leader had done previously with those peace talks

That means nothing. Imagining that an enemy doesn't exist does not defeat them.

Biden followed previously accepted strategies and fulfilled a long-lasting wish from a majority of americans.

That was his decision and they acted on his orders. That makes it his fault. We shall see if fulfilling the wish is enough to help him.

Which side will make the "trouble" thou, the refugees or the folks who want to throw a fit over it?

Best all around to not even find out... maybe they would like to live in Belgium? 

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

As with others I actually doubt it could have been done "better" except by not doing it.

How about this?

• Get the civilians out first.
  • Don't abandon equipment.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

trump legitimized the Taliban further then any world leader had done previously with those peace talks

That means nothing. Imagining that an enemy doesn't exist does not defeat them.

And understanding and knowing they excist is a far cry from legitimizing it. Then again this is trump we are talking about, the idiot saluted a North Korean general, unprompted!

Biden followed previously accepted strategies and fulfilled a long-lasting wish from a majority of americans.

That was his decision and they acted on his orders. That makes it his fault. We shall see if fulfilling the wish is enough to help him.

In Jan 2021 the total USA troop count in Afghanistan was 2500. Biden would be condemned for both this total withdrawal or for yet another "surge" to right what was already happening in border regions. Pest or plague type scenario. Atleast he picked on.

Which side will make the "trouble" thou, the refugees or the folks who want to throw a fit over it?

Best all around to not even find out... maybe they would like to live in Belgium?

Yeah if it didn't happen we wouldn't have this discussion, surprise! But it did and it is ongoing, so just throwing your hands up and ignoring it might be a viable strategy but damn would that be a tough moral line to follow.

And yeah, they do seem to also enjoy living in Belgium, we have a sizeable Afghan community.

As with others I actually doubt it could have been done "better" except by not doing it.

How about this?
  • Get the civilians out first.
  • Don't abandon equipment.

ALL of them?

Equipment seems to have mostly been abadoned that were in forward bases which were solely supplied by US logistical support. I think both the US and the Afghan milcom have some serious "butter on their heads". This entire story was already rolling some months ago when the US folded back to their key bases, this left under prepared Afghan soldiers following tribal minded leaders in remote locations just waiting for the Taliban to roll up and give them a sweeter deal then the "play soldier" job they had presently.

Afghanistan is yet another example of the USA failing in nation building, something they seem to have forgotten after WWII (lets ignore South Korea for a minute). In part these issues stem not just from the US's "lets bring democracy and guns" idea but also from previous colonial misgivings and outright genocidal practices by carving up land willy-nilly. Afghanistan might aswell be underway to a East/West-Pakistan & India split if they let the Taliban hold their side of the cookie while parts rebel (like the Northern Alliance returning).

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
Afghanistan is yet another example of the USA failing in nation building

I agree... we should have sold Afghanistan to the Russians, and Iraq to Saudi Arabia. Poetic justice would be selling Iran to Israel. Instead of losing all this money, we can actually turn a profit, and avoid all the problems. 

Gearing up for the Biden exit strategy. Get ready for President Harris and 3 years of a lame duck.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600902
  • Souls Baptized:1,518,583

onbekende, the idea of Nation Building was (and remains), sound. Yes, it's been bungled a few times.  Greatly bungled.  Especially when the US has decided that duly elected governments and their policies conflicted with their (US), vested economic interests.  Look at their activities in the Caribbean.  Especially those nations that chose a more socialist government, over bowing to the interests of powerful US economic syndicates.

I just finished reading a really good book about similar things you touched on "How to Hide and Empire", by Daniel Immerwahr.

Back to Afghanistan.  The whole situation was never winnable, there was never going to be an outcome that the west would find acceptable.  I remember a really good buddy of mine.  He told me that when he joined up, his Dad got really angry at him.  "Why did you join (the Army)?  Are you stupid?  You'll be sent to Afghanistan to die for nothing."

Or at least, that's what he told me.

Afghanistan has long been referred to as "The Grave Yard of Foreign Armies".  Even Alexander the Great came to grief there.

On the same note, I work with people that were over there.  They all say the same thing, the ANA and and ANP were completely unreliable.  They were getting high on dope that they bought from the bloody Taliban.

By the same token, there were many that really appreciated and respected what was done.  Look at the lines in Kabul, of people trying to get the hell out.  We have an obligation to those people.

The Afghans have always viewed tribe as supreme.  

During the Soviet's time in Afghanistan, there were those who sided with the Soviets, and those who didn't.  Even though the national government was formally allied with the Soviets, and had asked for Soviet support.

It was all based on tribal loyalties.  The Mujahideen of the Soviet years, became the Taliban of today.  All based on who you tribal leader supported.

Never forget the Communist government of Afghanistan collapsed after the Soviets pulled out.

When tribal allegiance wins over national unity, there is no nation. 

Let's be honest here.  The current (legitimate), government of Afghanistan was never going to last the second the Coalition pulled out.

Let's even be more honest.  We can blame, Bush, Obama, the Orange Demagogue, or Biden.  However, they are beholden to the electorate. 

How much longer do you think people were prepared to sacrifice their blood and treasure for a country, that some would have trouble pointing to on a map? 

We are talking about a society that "literally, can't even" when their Skip order is five minutes late. Or their Amazon package won't arrive an hour after they ordered it.  Or they can't get the latest smart phone the day it is released.

I think I got off on a rant there.

As much as I hate to say it, Afghanistan was unwinnable.  We were dealing with fanatics, unbending in their misinterpretation of the Koran.  They were more than willing to bide their time and wait us out.  

And they did.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users