Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[VL-01] Halo: The Battle Of Reach Mafia: Mafia-SK TIE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
959 replies to this topic

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552285
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:lilweirdward
I mean, we have 5 unknowns in this game (TW, captain, Torres, Ferastical, and Robert) and 5 players that should be town unless they've played a blinder of a game lol (me, brewers, ABT, Kevin, and WP). Unfortunately none of the unknowns are sufficiently suspicious except for maybe Robert, who basically can't be killed today without vanilla-izing town. I've been holding my vote until someone stands out since it's so tight, but at this point I'm really afraid we're just going to end up mislynching someone.

Right now, the top candidates other than Robert are captain, TW, and Ferastical. The way captain has played, I'd be shocked if he's anything other than either a VT or mafia, since he almost definitely would've RCed otherwise. My guess is that he is a VT which is why he thought his RC would be suspicious. For TW, there's really no way to tell, but I think I actually have an idea what he's up to with being so sneaky, although I could obviously be way off. Ferastical is the only person I don't really have a good feeling either way for. He's contributed quite a bit and has lynched one scum, but he's also come across as desperate to show himself as town.

I'll go ahead and make a vote, although I don't feel confident about it at all.

Vote: Ferastical

I'm pretty sure that puts him and TW at 2 votes (one under the deadline vote threshold) and captain at 3. Hopefully we get some good luck today and tonight.

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067
  • Squadron:Kilo

I'm still going back and forth between Ferastical and Captain honestly. Ferastical's role claim still feels off to me but the fact that Captain sort misrepresented a couple things that I said yesterday seem like they were said to make me look scummy. It could have been an honest miscommunication but I really don't know. With what we have to work with now I think he's the right call for today.

Vote: Captain

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• Military - Foxtrot Officers
  • 1,282 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600658
  • Souls Baptized:139,694
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:captainjf

Deadline according to Velocity has elapsed.

By my count, here is the (Unofficial) final vote.

Ferastical (3): LLW, captainjf, Wolfpacks
Captainjf (4): Brewer, ABT, Torres951, The Warrior
The Warrior (2): KevinH, Ferastical
Torres951 (1): Robert

Note: The Warrior posted 43 seconds past deadline. Up to velocity of course if it counts.

RIP me

Posted Image

"Thought I'd Try Shooting My Way Out—Mix Things Up A Little."

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

damn 43 seconds?  someone is on top of things

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• 1,282 posts
  • Resources:

Just gotta hover over the time in the post. Additionally, I was writing that "finalized" vote count as the reply was posted. Shall I reveal my role?

Nvm, Velocity is here.

See yall!

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

if he doesnt count TWs vote pretty sure you guys do a firefight or whatever the thing was he stole from my game

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:611169
  • Discord ID:Velocity
End of day comes in a few minutes.
The post, for clarification. Day is over.

Only click if you're Tony Maurice, thanks!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Velocity   

(it's lonely here by myself)

Finster Baby
     Sent Today, 09:48 AM

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:

Final Vote Count Day 4

lilweirdward (0):
brewersalliance (0):
ABT (0):
KevinH (0):
The Warrior (2): Ferastical, KevinH
captainjf (3): Torres951, Ali bin Turban, Brewersalliance
Torres951 (1): Robert2424
Ferastical (3): Wolfpacks, captainjf, lilwierdward
Robert2424 (0): 
Wolfpacks (0): 

No Lynch (0): 

Not Voting (1): The Warrior

With 10 alive it takes 5 to lynch or 3 at deadline.

Deadline is 10-21 at 6pm CN time.

I didn’t set my deadline alarm. For the sake of fairness, even though it was 43 seconds past deadline, it was past deadline.

Firefight engaged.

This will play out a little like tabletop combat, but compressed for the sake of ease. 

Each player has 20 health, and after a roll of between 1-20 will deal between 1-6 to each other each turn, with a 25% chance of missing. (1-5 = miss; 6-20 = hit).

If both take each other down to 0 HP the same turn, I will do a chance roll between 1-100 and whoever rolls higher wins.

Captain VS Ferastical [20v20]

Captain rolls 8 deals 5; Ferastical rolls 17 deals 3. [17v15]

Captain rolls 19 deals 5; Ferastical rolls 12 deals 1. [16v10]

Captain rolls 10 deals 1; Ferastical rolls 15 deals 6. [10v9]

Captain rolls 6 deals 5; Ferastical rolls 13 deals 1. [9v3]

Captain rolls 18 deals 2; Ferastical rolls 19 deals 4. [5v1]

Captain rolls 7 deals 5; Ferastical rolls 16 deals 4. [1v0]

Captainjf wins the firefight.

The flavor does not include any clues about which faction the other fighter belongs to, which is why it was left vague.

———

Long Night of Solace

Six and Jorge enter the cockpit, after which the ramp detaches.

The on board computer speaks to the Spartans. "Struts disengaged. Commencing launch in T-minus 5, 4, 3, 2..."

The Sabre's engines ignite, and the fighter lifts off from the facility.

"First stage engine burn nominal."

The Sabre leaves the upper atmosphere and enters low orbit.

Stage separation in 3, 2, 1... Stage separation."

The Sabre's booster rockets detach from the fighter, and soon the Spartans reach Anchor 9.

After a briefing by Colonel Holland, they are told to assault a covenant ship that soon will be refueling at the Supercarrier. Their plan is to blow it sky high along with the supercarrier by exploding a slipspace drive while it refuels.

Soon after…

Noble Six arrives at the landing pad, along with four other Sabres. Noble Six gets out of the Sabre along with several Army Troopers in vacuum sealed suits from the other Sabres.

After breaching through the main chamber, Six and the troopers engage a large number of enemy troops in the hangar, including a Huragok which provides the Covenant with overshields. They are eventually neutralized. In the crossfire, however, an ONI operative working on the Sabre program was killed.

Ferastical, Ben Winters, ONI Operative (Vanilla Town) died during a firefight D4.

It is now Night 4.
All actions must be submitted by 10-23 at 6pm CN time.

Edited by Velocity, 22 October 2020 - 12:20 AM.
Accidentally put N5 instead of N4.

• Velocity   

Finster Baby

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:
[Flavor comes when I get to a computer]

lilweirdward, Carter, Spartan Team Noble’s Commander (Town Jailer) was cut down by a plasma rifle N4.

captainjf, Chips Dubbo, Marine (Vanilla Town) was shot dead by a chain gun misfire N4.

Wolfpacks, Jun, the Spartan Scout (Town Cop) was brutally assassinated N4.

brewersalliance (0):
ABT (0):
KevinH (0):
The Warrior (0):
Torres951 (0):
Robert2424 (0):

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (6): brewersalliance, ABT, KevinH, The Warrior, Torres951, Robert2424

Deadline is 11-1 at 6pm CN time.
It is now Day 5.

• Velocity   

Finster Baby

Torres951

Torres951

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,927 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621288
  • Discord ID:Torres951

First 

WHY WE GOT THREE DEAD??????

Once upon a time there was a lovely princess. But she had an enchantment upon her of a fearful sort, which could only be broken by Love's first kiss. She was locked away in a castle guarded by a terrible fire breathing dragon. Many brave knights had attempted to free her from this dreadful prison, but none prevailed. She waited in the dragon's keep in the highest room of the tallest tower for her true love and true love's first kiss.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

alright so there is a sk and a vig it looks like

so im guessing we have one mafia left (robert)  and a serial killer left (torres or tw)

WP said his exact results were town or not town

he got town on ABT and Kevin, meaning they cant be a sk, but could be a mafia godfather

however, i think robert is our most likely mafia due to the whole LWW thing.

Here is my guess

the vig took out captain, the sk took out LWW and the mafia took out the cop

i think its a 95% chance our last mafia is robert.

of we lynch either tw or torres and hit the sk, then our vig can kill robert at night and we win

vote TW

i think he is the sk

if we leave the sk for later and vote robert today we still wont know if its tw or torres 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552285
  • Discord ID:lilweirdward

RIP me. Good luck town.

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• 1,282 posts
  • Resources:

*Sad dying noises*

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

if we lynch either TW or torres tho, we will know for sure who the scum is and could very well win the game tonight

I feel like torres wouldnt have come up with your weapon is your vote if he was not a VT.  typically the role PM would say your power is your vote, i think its weapon due to the fact that this is a halo themed game so, i dont think he would get lucky and guess "weapon" specifically.  tho he could have been given a safe claim by velocity, however, ive yet to see a safe claim that is more that just a character name

we currently have two characters who have not claimed any sort of role:  TW and ABT.  neither have claimed anything.  TW has hinted at having some sort of power.  

WP confirmed ABT as town, and he said his exact result on ABT was town.  Meaning ABT cannot be the sk, as SK would investigate as "not town".  if Wps results were mafia or not maifa it would be a different story

With ABT being confirmed as town, that means he is our vig, as everyone else has RC'd.  Plus look at the kills.  Canik was killed and so was captian.  both are people ABT suspected and voted for so it makes sense he would kill them as a vig.

That puts TW as the sk in my mind.  the SK would have killed LWW, as the jailer could jail them or protect a kill

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

in theory kevin could be a godfather as well, but ABT could not as he was confirmed by me as being a different faction from MK

however i think its more likely kevin is town, meaning our two scum are from the group of robert, tw and torres 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346180

lilweirdward, Carter, Spartan Team Noble’s Commander (Town Jailer) was cut down by a plasma rifle N4.

captainjf, Chips Dubbo, Marine (Vanilla Town) was shot dead by a chain gun misfire N4.

I assume plasma rifle - > covenant - > mafia

If that's correct, then why would mafia player target LWW and SK attack Cop? 

What if that arbiter guy, who's killing us got additonal skill to kill (via JOAT ability for example)? 

And what was your role Brewers? Just that 1-shot check at the begining of the game? 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

I assume plasma rifle - > covenant - > mafia

If that's correct, then why would mafia player target LWW and SK attack Cop? 

What if that arbiter guy, who's killing us got additonal skill to kill (via JOAT ability for example)? 

And what was your role Brewers? Just that 1-shot check at the begining of the game? 

i dont know the lore so idk what a plasma rile is.  captains def sounds like it was from town tho.

i would guess the mafia would kill the cop but i guess they could have killed lww too

robert outs lww as the jailer, acts like hes town by begging the mafia to kill him when hes really mafia, and then he kills the jailer.  could be possible.  other scenario where it makes sense for mafia to kill the jailer over the cop:  mafia is a godfather who was already investigated and isnt worried about the cop.  or robert could be the sk with the enabler ability and then kevin is a godfather.  also possible, tho less likely.

sk could hit either of them and make sense.  sk would target the cop since the cop gets "town" or "not town" as WP confirmed the wording so they would be busted by a cop as well.

and about my role, no it was not just that on shot check, there is more to it, but i am not going to fully claim at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067

Brewers' train of thought is mostly correct I think, except that I am not a Serial Killer. I think there is still something else going on that we don't yet know. Unsurprisingly, I am the top suspect today since both Ferastical and Captainjf are gone. It's time to put all the cards on the table so that we can get this right.

I am Chief Petty Officer McRobb, CO of the RSO Fermion (Town Motion Detector). According to the Halo wiki, Remote Scanning Outpost (RSO) Fermion was a scanning outpost designed to detect incoming threats to the Reach Military Complex. Fermion was the outpost that detected 300 Covenant vessels entering the Epsilon Eridani system inbound to Reach and alerted FLEETCOM so the USNC could muster a defense for the Planet.

I assumed a Halo themed game would be a role madness game so my first thought was that my role was probably on the weaker end of roles in the game. After we started seeing several VT's show up my role started to make more sense. It's definitely on the weaker end of town investigative roles but with a limited number of power roles present it made sense balance-wise not to have a stronger role like tracker/watcher/etc.

Night 1: I used my action on Canik but there was no motion detected. I chose Canik because he seemed to take issue with my obvious welcome vote on captainjf while casting a tad bit of shade my way:

I'm not sure TW really needed to pile on tho. That's a tad bit suspicious too but.. could be innocent.

While my no motion detected result on Canik on night 1 did not mean that he wasn't scum (since any other scum could have acted instead) this was another minor contributing factor in why I defended Canik as likely being town after his implosion.

Night 2: I used my action on Kevin and received no result which we now know was due to LWW jailing me. I chose Kevin for a couple reasons. After Brewers posted his revelation about MK and ABT being of different alignments with a good argument that MK was probably the scum out of the two of them, Kevin chose to vote for ABT to "balance things out" which seemed kind of odd at the time:

I don't view Lord MK's vote for Lyner as suspicious.

I only voted for Ali bin Turban because Brewers had just voted for Lord MK and I wanted to balance things out.

He later said that MK's posts were starting to seem desperate and that he would switch to Lord MK if nothing better came up. This sort of seemed like he would try to avoid voting for MK if he could:

I assume Brewers is telling the truth and that we have a 50-50 chance of getting scum in the absence of any other information.

I did not think Lord MK's vote on Lyner was anything special; it's what we do in the game of Mafia.

However, the comments since then seem desperate, so now we have some "other information"

I don't know what the vote count is so I won't switch yet, but unless I hear a better argument, I will switch to Lord MK.

Kevin did eventually vote for MK but his reason was interesting to me. It didn't mention anything else specific about how odd MK was behaving. Instead it seemed to be a continuation of the joke that Tony would hammer a player early if he could and almost inviting him to do so:

Unvote.

Tony needs there to be N-1 votes so he can end the day early.

Vote: Lord MK

Then a little later there was this post:

I see nothing wrong with Lord MK making up stories about conversations with Brewers or about anyone's role. As I said, he did a poor job and I would certainly have voted for him no matter what, but I look forward to playing with him in future games.

This sort of seemed to contradict some of the earlier actions of the day and that he might have only really voted for MK because the writing was on the wall.

Night 3: I used my action on Wolfpacks and was told that that there was motion detected. It was clear that there were only two people (Tony or Canik) who could get lynched on day 3 due to their wagons. Wolfpacks was the only other person to register a vote and he did not vote for either wagon. He voted for Brewers who was more or less "confirmed" town. This seemed like he might know that both wagons were town and he was trying to avoid being on whichever wagon won while still registering a vote. I assumed initially that the motion detected could be due to Wolfpacks performing an action but after LWW role claimed I realized that my "motion detected" result was actually due to LWW jailing Wolfpacks.

My "motion detected" result on night 3 with wolfpacks, in addition to my "no result" on night 2, is why I posted yesterday that I could partially validate LWW's role claim and that I had a reason to believe he was what he said he was.

Night 4: I used my action on captainjf and received motion detected as a result. I targeted captain because he was my top suspect remaining (hence my vote for him even though Velocity didn't count it..) and he managed to survive the fire fight that was the result of the tied vote. Clearly my result on captain was due to someone killing him at night (probably the Vig).

My vote record in this game has been miserable and I apologize about that but I do want to point a few things out that do help it look objectively less terrible:

-In post #306, which was made 5-6 days before the day 2 deadline, I posted my intent to vote for MK closer to deadline and asked that the town NOT hammer him so early.  

-In post #320, I tried to convince Wolfpacks that Brewers was almost certainly telling the truth about MK when Wolfpacks posted doubt about the legitimacy of the claim and used it as justification to vote for Brewers.

-The only reason I didn't vote for Rafay on day 2 was because we were already gifted a free mafia kill. I didn't have any reason at that time to legitimately suspect Rafay other than his normal suspicious nature but I was considering using my action on either him or Kevin that night.

-I tried to post my vote on captainjf before the deadline but it didn't post until after because I sat at my computer watching it say "saving post" for nearly a minute.. I was not happy when my vote on captainjf wasn't counted and made sure to let Velocity know after the fact. He told me that he debated counting it but wanted to see his firefight mechanic in action so he opted not to count it.

I am an unknown to many of you but I know my role and having the benefit of my own information here is what's left and what I know. Listed in order of most likely town to least likely town:

Town:

TW - Claimed Town Motion Detector - Verified LWW's role claim as Jailer. No other verification.
ABT - No role claimed - Confirmed by Brewers to be a different alignment than MK who was scum. Investigated as Town to Cop. Assuming Velocity didn't give Wolfpacks the incorrect result it probably means ABT is the town Vig.

Almost Certainly Town:

Brewers - Claimed Parity Cop? - Outed MK as scum early. Voted Rafay. The only reason he's lower than ABT on the list is because ABT was basically confirmed as town by both Brewers result and Wolfpacks result but he's basically confirmed as well in my opinion.

Possibly Town:

KevinH - Claimed VT - Investigated as Town to the Cop (could be a godfather though)

Unsure:

Robert2424 - Claimed Enabler for Jailkeeper - No alignment confirmation
Torres951 - Claimed VT - No confirmation

My assumption at this point is that Robert or Kevin is the final mafia which would leave Torres as a possible SK.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wolfpacks

Wolfpacks

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,508 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492737
  • Souls Baptized:Retired
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Wolfpacks
Bitches 😉

For continued dedication and tenacity, as a warrior and as military officer. Wolfpacks has been fighting both in this war and the last with complete abandon, he has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.Without members like you IRON would be less of an alliance. Well done.
Wolfpacks has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

NAAC Will Never Be Forgotten
Ero Sum Ideo Vici

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

i think i am going to chose to believe TW here.  yes he has a weaker investigative role, but now with two scum factions (an sk and one mafia left)  it makes sense that town would have some sort of secondary investigative role other than the cop.  

unvote

so here are the possibilities in my mind:

Option A:

Mafia:  robert

sk: torres

Option B:

Mafia:  Kevin (godfather)

SK:  robert

Option C:  

Mafai:  Kevin

SK: torres

Option D:  

Mafia:  Torres

SK:  Robert

KevinH cannot be the serial killer as he showed up as town.  however he could be a mafia godfather

robert drew out lww unnecessarily tho.  and as i sai before i just do not see how his actions make sense as town.  

i am 95% sure Robert is either mafia or the serial killer.  

vote robert

if robert flps mafia then it means kevin CANNOT be the sk, and the sk is tores (or very less likely tw as this rc is very believable) 

if robert flips sk then its either torres as the mafia or kevin as the godfather and then our vig can shoot one.  if our vog chooses wrong, its still three alive, with two town and the survivor of the kevin/torres shot by the vig and we lynch one and win.

if robert flips town, then its either kevin and torres or tw is making this whole thing up and ouch us

but roberts actions the last day just made no sense to me. 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter