Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[OP-03] Dino Mafia End : 2of4 ~ Dinosaur Mafia

2of4 newbie mafia dinosaur open op-03

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
271 replies to this topic

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:199701
  • Squadron:Kilo

There have been a lot of random votes, and the lynch/no-lynch discussion about what benefits the town more with this game's mechanics has basically been dropped. 

KevinH has been changing his vote a lot, that's true - but he DOES have a point in that Imran was the first to put a third vote on anyone. Martino then did the same to Imran, so we now have two players with 3 votes apiece. 5 votes are needed to lynch - thankfully there is no half-majority-at-deadline rule in play - but reaching vote #3 is a bit of a milestone nonetheless.

KevinH has also done a counter-vote twice in a row; first Rafay then Imran. Martino's voting for Imran after Kevin did is a sort of a bandwagon, but again it's notable that Imran placed the first #3 vote on someone; I can't fault Martino for that. 

For obvious reasons I will not yet vote for either of those two, as it would let someone apply the hammer and end the day. With that said I think there's a better-than-even odds that if either KevinH or Imran are scum, the other is not. They can very easily both be town, however. 

It's entirely possible that Imran wasn't keeping count and is being caught in a numbers game... but I'd like to think people are watching how the totals stack up when they vote. 

I'll keep watching, but in the short term if I had to vote it might well be for Imran first. 

-Preston

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017

Throwing votes around willy nilly is not indicitive of being pro town.  However, someone that is not afraid to throw himself out there knowing the attention it will bring, is certainly not trying to blend in.  So, ipso facto, Kevin is probably town.  Now Martino vouching that Kevin is the most likely townie is not automatically a townie tell for Martino. He could be a scum endorsing a townie to make himself look better.  That said, I doubt a scum would do that so early in the game.  Long story short folks, I'm pretty sure Kevin and Martino are both townie.  Put me in the game and I got 50/50 odds of finding a scum.  Not really sure who it is at this time but Kilgor has posted the least and therefore makes me suspicious.

Despite the inevitable OMGUS

Unvote:  KevinH

Vote:  Kilgor

See, Day 1 discussions can be fruitful.

Ride with me and see what happens.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

I appreciate the support but I'm missing the math.

There are only 2 scum so I don't see where from where the 50/50 comes.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
Good call Kevin, I retract my previous statement. FROMTHIS DAY FOEWARD LET IT BE KNOWN THAT I HAVE A 2 OUT OF 5 CHANCE OF GETTING YOU! Sorry for cap locks, I'm on my mobile on vacation in new Orleans but my reasoning is still valid.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000

Votecount 1.03

KevinH (2) - Rafay, Imran Ehsan
Electric Mango (0) -
killgor (1) - Electric Mango
Rafay (0) -
Xarastier (0) -
Martino (1) - killgor
Imran Ehsan (3) - Chaplain of death, KevinH, Martino
Preston (0) -
Chaplain of death (0) -

Not Voting (2) - Xarastier, Preston

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Imran Ehsan is the current wagon leader at L-2
Deadline is Saturday, March 22nd, 2012 @ 22:05 EDT

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:

errr... 2 out of 6.   My mind is currently being poisoned by barley, wheat and hops.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Xarastier

Xarastier

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503756
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Following the majority to vote KevinH.

The Einstein Metaphysics.

Everything is One...You.
Time, distance, motion, change, coincidence and choice
Are sentient illusions created by Your consciousness (Parmenides).
Light, objects and the universe
Originate and emanate
From You.
You are so much greater than
The outline of Your body.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Einstein-Metaphysics-Unified-ebook/dp/B007NZBXE2/ref=sr_1_11?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1352568857&sr=1-11&keywords=metaphysics#reader_B007NZBXE2

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180

My vote on KevinH is on the basis that he is continuously switching around votes. If he is scum..and a smart one, he will be voting for a lot of people so it will be impossible to figure out who his other scum partner is when he is lynched. At the moment that looks the most scummy to me. There are other ways to get the inactives to participate instead of throwing around lynch votes. So I dont believe that him voting a lot of people is to prod them into activity but to blur his own voting record.

As for putting the 3rd vote on him, EM's vote on him was a joke vote and I didnt believe it will stay on him anyway. Rafay's vote was also random. So my vote is simply based on my explanation above as to who I think is looking the scummiest to me so far.

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651
  • Squadron:Delta

Explanations and accusations do not necessitate votes. We are 10 days away from deadline. Putting someone at 2 votes away from being lynched because you are just putting a vote on your best guess, is silly. With so much time before we have to have our minds made up, there is no reason to cast that many votes onto one person. Sparking discussion by random voting is one thing, but this is another.

Yes, he was jumping around with his voting, but this is the random voting stage of the game still, so no stock should really be put into who anyone is voting for. It would not suprise me in the least if the 2 scum had voted for each other to throw us off.

What does suprise me at this stage in the game is to see someone pushing a lynch on someone over how they random voted and how scummy it makes them look. When did we ever use day 1 voting records to find the 2nd scum (assuming we got the 1st one on day 1)?

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651
  • Squadron:Delta

Meaning day 1 voting records alone to find the scum and lynch them on day 2.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

There are two scum that know about each other.  The rest of us don't know anything.

The town needs to get lucky to win and I can see the case where we need to try our luck early.

We "only" need to find two scum and have seven townies to do it.

Most likely scenario if we lynch daily:

Day one townie lynch (6 townie/2 scum remain)

Night one townie kill (5/2)

Day two townie lynch (4/2)

Night two townie kill (3/2)

Day three lynch or lose

If don't lynch Day 1, Day 3 is still lynch or lose with 4 townie/2 scum. (The case against no-lynch on Day 1)

However, the power roles can alter the course.  Either a night kill is stopped or a scum is identified if a townie role player is successful.

If that happens, then we would rather have the extra townie on Day 3 because then we can make it to Day 4.

In the words of Clint Eastwood, "Do you feel lucky, punk?"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:066724

Would you care to add any reason for your vote?

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

killgor

killgor

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 684 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:511543

sorry i've been inactive guys... but with work and the launch of sc2 hots, i did nothing but work and play. anyway, my 2 cents tell me nothing so i'll unvote for now. no point in me random voting when you guys are doing such a marvelous job at making good conversation.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:

I find this post interesting - both for the obvious 'going with majority' without other reason that sounds a lot like pushing to make the lynch happen NOW, and for the more subtle fact that , as of the time he voted, the majority as shown in the last mod votecount was on Imran and not KevinH. I'll grant Xarastier could have just missed the mod votecount and glossed over post where EM unvoted, but to say a majority exists and then mis-identify that majority is pretty big - especially when that's his only reason for voting. 

Again, day 1 nobody knows anything... but this almost smells like looking for a vote excuse. Other peoples' thoughts on this?

-Preston

-Preston

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:

And for some reason I double-added my name :-p there are times I dont like this new editing box. Either way, you definitely know I wrote that! :P

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

to say a majority exists and then mis-identify that majority is pretty big - especially when that's his only reason for voting.

... this almost smells like looking for a vote excuse. Other peoples' thoughts on this?

Especially if Imran is shown to be scum, I point a strong finger of suspicion at Xarastier.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
Most likely an over sight on Xars part but as Kevin said it will ne interesting to see how things play out. My mind tells me that if Xar and Infant are both scum that Xar would be paying a little bit more attention to his partners vote count however. I'm actually seeing this opposite of Kevin and thinking that if Infant is scum then Xar is not. Damnable just realized my mobile device auto corrected Imran's name but its too hard to go back and change. No offends Imran.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Xarastier

Xarastier

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503756
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I find this post interesting - both for the obvious 'going with majority' without other reason that sounds a lot like pushing to make the lynch happen NOW, and for the more subtle fact that , as of the time he voted, the majority as shown in the last mod votecount was on Imran and not KevinH. I'll grant Xarastier could have just missed the mod votecount and glossed over post where EM unvoted, but to say a majority exists and then mis-identify that majority is pretty big - especially when that's his only reason for voting. 

Again, day 1 nobody knows anything... but this almost smells like looking for a vote excuse. Other peoples' thoughts on this?

-Preston

-Preston

Yes I did miss the majority vote.  I didn't see that the majority vote at the time I voted was actually against Imran. Unvote KevinH.  Vote Imran Ehsan.  Also let it be known that conformity has always been an excellent reason for voting, when no convincing evidence has been established. I remind you of all of the known and yet unknown innocent languishing in prison.

The Einstein Metaphysics.

Everything is One...You.
Time, distance, motion, change, coincidence and choice
Are sentient illusions created by Your consciousness (Parmenides).
Light, objects and the universe
Originate and emanate
From You.
You are so much greater than
The outline of Your body.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Einstein-Metaphysics-Unified-ebook/dp/B007NZBXE2/ref=sr_1_11?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1352568857&sr=1-11&keywords=metaphysics#reader_B007NZBXE2

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:066724

unvote

I don't want to put anyone at L-1 just yet.

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

killgor

killgor

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 684 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:511543

welp, glad to see that xar is still as eager to lynch someone as he ever was. and glad to see that his methods of doing it are getting better.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2of4, newbie, mafia, dinosaur, open, op-03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter