Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[OP-03] Dino Mafia End : 2of4 ~ Dinosaur Mafia

2of4 newbie mafia dinosaur open op-03

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
271 replies to this topic

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651
  • Squadron:Delta

Unvote

I dont even like putting Imran at L-2 this early based on my random vote.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000
  • Squadron:Kilo

Votecount 1.04

KevinH (2) - Rafay, Imran Ehsan
Electric Mango (0) -
killgor (1) - Electric Mango
Rafay (0) -
Xarastier (0) -
Martino (0) -
Imran Ehsan (2) - KevinH, Xarastier
Preston (0) -
Chaplain of death (0) -

Not Voting (4) - Preston, killgor, Martino, Chaplain of death

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Imran Ehsan and KevinH are the current wagon leaders at L-3
Deadline is Saturday, March 22nd, 2012 @ 22:05 EDT

Edited by Kaziocore, 14 March 2013 - 08:05 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

to say a majority exists and then mis-identify that majority is pretty big - especially when that's his only reason for voting.
... this almost smells like looking for a vote excuse. Other peoples' thoughts on this?

Especially if Imran is shown to be scum, I point a strong finger of suspicion at Xarastier.

Yes I did miss the majority vote.  I didn't see that the majority vote at the time I voted was actually against Imran. Unvote KevinH.  Vote Imran Ehsan.  Also let it be known that conformity has always been an excellent reason for voting, when no convincing evidence has been established. I remind you of all of the known and yet unknown innocent languishing in prison.

I have changed my mind about Xarastier and Imran possibly being linked. I don't think the scum would risk lynching themselves when there are only two of them.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:066724

Unvote

You seemed to have no problem with this before. What changed?

vote Chaplain of Death

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Xarastier

Xarastier

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503756
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

welp, glad to see that xar is still as eager to lynch someone as he ever was. and glad to see that his methods of doing it are getting better.

Yea.  I've been chastized by Kz for not being a nice guy.  Seems you guys have been complaining.

The Einstein Metaphysics.

Everything is One...You.
Time, distance, motion, change, coincidence and choice
Are sentient illusions created by Your consciousness (Parmenides).
Light, objects and the universe
Originate and emanate
From You.
You are so much greater than
The outline of Your body.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Einstein-Metaphysics-Unified-ebook/dp/B007NZBXE2/ref=sr_1_11?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1352568857&sr=1-11&keywords=metaphysics#reader_B007NZBXE2

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017

The only thing I have a problem with is inactivity and being a big 'ole meanie.  You're doing ok in my book Xarastier.  

So, I'm pretty sure most people agree that it is in the towns best interest to lynch someone today so why is everyone so afraid to get someone to L-1 or L-2?  There's plenty to learn from lynching, whether we get scum or town.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:

I didn't want to end the day just yet. Since we have over a week until the deadline, I felt like we could still have some useful discussion. So that is why I wanted to stay away from L-1. I have no problem with putting someone at L-2. In fact, a little pressure often helps the discussion.

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:199701

Following the majority to vote KevinH.

I find this post interesting - both for the obvious 'going with majority' without other reason that sounds a lot like pushing to make the lynch happen NOW, and for the more subtle fact that , as of the time he voted, the majority as shown in the last mod votecount was on Imran and not KevinH. I'll grant Xarastier could have just missed the mod votecount and glossed over post where EM unvoted, but to say a majority exists and then mis-identify that majority is pretty big - especially when that's his only reason for voting. 

Again, day 1 nobody knows anything... but this almost smells like looking for a vote excuse. Other peoples' thoughts on this?

-Preston

-Preston

Yes I did miss the majority vote.  I didn't see that the majority vote at the time I voted was actually against Imran. Unvote KevinH.  Vote Imran Ehsan.  Also let it be known that conformity has always been an excellent reason for voting, when no convincing evidence has been established. I remind you of all of the known and yet unknown innocent languishing in prison.

I remain somewhat suspicious of you, Xarastier - but changing your vote to reflect the 'actual' majority does still carry some weight. Conformity is a known yet dangerous quality in this game, and hence feels a weak excuse to me; we need people to stand by what votes they DO make. Conformity can lead townies to having nothing to defend themselves after a failed lynch but the (possibly scum-led) majority they followed, and can give scum cover when they weigh in on votes. This is one reason I found your vote suspect; It seemed that you were looking to push for a quick lynch on Kevin, and used what you thought was a majority as your mask for doing so. There's no way to tell if it was truly an honest mistake or scum over-reaching until it's too late to matter. 

Unvote

I've never been one to randomly vote; isnt really my style. I've tried it on occasion but eh... guess I take this too seriously. At the moment I can't fault you for taking back a random vote, until you're willing to go through with it - let's keep this day going a while longer. 

For now I'll maintain that if tonight were deadline, I would probably vote for Xarastier unless someone else presents a more suspect image/rationale.

-Preston

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651
  • Squadron:Delta

Xarastier changed his vote to Imran is what changed.... Random voting him and leaving him at L-3 was fine, but I dont want to end the day yet or try to lynch Imran when I dont think there is enough reason currently though he is suspicous. I therefore retracted my random vote since we appear to have reached that point in the game where our votes are no longer random.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:

Xarastier changed his vote to Imran is what changed.... Random voting him and leaving him at L-3 was fine, but I dont want to end the day yet or try to lynch Imran when I dont think there is enough reason currently though he is suspicous. I therefore retracted my random vote since we appear to have reached that point in the game where our votes are no longer random.

I put Imran at L-2 on the 12th. You posted twice on the 13th and you did not mention having any problems with Imran being at L-2. Then yesterday Xarastier put Imran at L-1 after which I unvoted and got him back to L-2. At that point you suddenly had a problem with Imran being at L-2. So I ask again. Why was that L-2 any different from the L-2 we had the day before?

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

Lynch or no lynch, Day 1 is always slow.  Nobody knows nothin'!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:

It's been really hard to get any Day 1 lynches in mafia for some time now.  This game will be even more difficult because there is no half majority rule.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118

And that'll just add to the scum's advantage. They can easily sit back and leave us to wonder for days in a battle of attrition of our neurons.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

killgor

killgor

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 684 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:511543

i have no problem with not reaching a consensus and lynching someone
today. i however have a problem with people not voting d1. it does not
force scum to have to cast a vote. anyway, usually i have some kind of
feeling about who might be scum and who might not but this game i'm
drawing a blank...

so i'm gonna try to put some pressure on someone.

vote: CoD

cause having 3 people with 2 votes on them makes for a better game.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000

Votecount 1.05

KevinH (2) - Rafay, Imran Ehsan
Electric Mango (0) -
killgor (1) - Electric Mango
Rafay (0) -
Xarastier (0) -
Martino (0) -
Imran Ehsan (2) - KevinH, Xarastier
Preston (0) -
Chaplain of death (2) - Martino, killgor

Not Voting (2) - Preston, Chaplain of death

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Imran Ehsan, KevinH, and Chaplain of death are the current wagon leaders at L-3
Deadline is Saturday, March 22nd, 2012 @ 22:05 EDT

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180

I strongly believe we should lynch on Day 1 and not let it fade away with a divided vote. Not lynching means we learn nothing from this day and are at the same position on Day 2 with no info.

At the moment it does not look like KevinH will be a likely lynch target. So:

UNVOTE

I still believe his continuous switching of votes was scummy but I am willing to vote for a different guy in order to get a Day 1 lynch. I am leaning towards a vote on the guys who are keeping quite or being careful. The ones who are doing this looks to me to be the following: killgor, Rafay and CoD.

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:199701

We've got a week left to pick someone, if we're going to at all - and I still think we should. My first choice would probably still be Xarastier, but it's looking unlikely for that to happen given the current direction of conversation.

I put Imran at L-2 on the 12th. You posted twice on the 13th and you did not mention having any problems with Imran being at L-2. Then yesterday Xarastier put Imran at L-1 after which I unvoted and got him back to L-2. At that point you suddenly had a problem with Imran being at L-2. So I ask again. Why was that L-2 any different from the L-2 we had the day before?

This is an interesting observation, Martino. That CoD unvoted at L-1 isnt entirely a surprise, but it makes me wonder whether that's something scum would do. His original vote was of the random sort ("No drama for you"), and if CoD is scum and that vote had ended in a lynch he would have had SOME cover as he wasn't just bandwagoning. So unless BOTH CoD and Imran are the two scum, the behavior almost seems more that of cautious town than scum. 

drawing a blank...

If we're going to do a lynch at all, divided votes will prevent that. I fail to see how a broader spread of votes not resulting in a lynch helps us to identify scum. Per above I'm not sure about my feel on CoD's unvoting... he could just as easily have kept his vote where it was and let someone else apply the hammer if he was scum. So based on that, the fact you're voting for him as 'someone' - a random vote at THIS part of the day? - strikes me as a little suspicious.

I strongly believe we should lynch on Day 1 and not let it fade away with a divided vote. Not lynching means we learn nothing from this day and are at the same position on Day 2 with no info.

UNVOTE

I still believe his continuous switching of votes was scummy but I am willing to vote for a different guy in order to get a Day 1 lynch. I am leaning towards a vote on the guys who are keeping quite or being careful. The ones who are doing this looks to me to be the following: killgor, Rafay and CoD.

Lists can be useful. 

Rafay I have seen very little input from, so there's little to characterize him one way or another. His vote against KevinH has stayed in place for a while, unless I've missed something reading back. In so much as this game has any inactives, he and killgor dont seem to post very often. 

CoD, per above I'm wavering about him - when it takes this many votes to get a lynch, I'd be a little surprised if would scum pull away from a possible lynch unless it's for the other scum. If CoD is scum then Imran probably is too; we cannot say the reverse for certain since CoD-as-town would have no reason to unvote whether Imran is scum or not. 

Killgor - He's voted for Martino and just now jumped onto CoD (with Martino, ironically) with the shift in conversation. Given my current thoughts on CoD per above I might view Killgor with some additional suspicion. Right now he's got a single vote on him (EM) - and I'm not going to spread votes out to 4x2 just for the hell of it. But I'll be paying additional attention to his posts now. 

I dont think we need to confine ourselves to JUST the three players with 2 votes on them, but it is day 1 and we have to start somewhere. I'm contemplating Killgor as an alternative to Xarastier, but will watch for another few days to see where the conversation goes before finally placing my vote. 

-Preston

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Xarastier

Xarastier

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503756
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

This is significant!  Especially  written before:

UNVOTE

It appears that sufficient evidence against Cod has presented itself  to satisfy the doubts of any townie who's looking for, not only a reason to vote,  but also the presentation of two provoking arguments to shield his conformity  :)  It also looks like Imran may have stumbled upon the identities of the two scum among his three names. 

Unvote Imran Eshan.  Vote Chaplain of death.

The Einstein Metaphysics.

Everything is One...You.
Time, distance, motion, change, coincidence and choice
Are sentient illusions created by Your consciousness (Parmenides).
Light, objects and the universe
Originate and emanate
From You.
You are so much greater than
The outline of Your body.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Einstein-Metaphysics-Unified-ebook/dp/B007NZBXE2/ref=sr_1_11?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1352568857&sr=1-11&keywords=metaphysics#reader_B007NZBXE2

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
My vote on kilgor was based mostly on him being inactive and not posting much, that has since changed.  I'm going to put my vote where it holds more weight. Someone has to be lynched today and CoD looks as good as anyone else so far.  

Unvote: Killgor
Vote: Chaplain of Death

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

killgor

killgor

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 684 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:511543

We've got a week left to pick someone, if we're going to at all - and I still think we should. My first choice would probably still be Xarastier, but it's looking unlikely for that to happen given the current direction of conversation.

This is an interesting observation, Martino. That CoD unvoted at L-1 isnt entirely a surprise, but it makes me wonder whether that's something scum would do. His original vote was of the random sort ("No drama for you"), and if CoD is scum and that vote had ended in a lynch he would have had SOME cover as he wasn't just bandwagoning. So unless BOTH CoD and Imran are the two scum, the behavior almost seems more that of cautious town than scum. 

>

drawing a blank...

If we're going to do a lynch at all, divided votes will prevent that. I fail to see how a broader spread of votes not resulting in a lynch helps us to identify scum. Per above I'm not sure about my feel on CoD's unvoting... he could just as easily have kept his vote where it was and let someone else apply the hammer if he was scum. So based on that, the fact you're voting for him as 'someone' - a random vote at THIS part of the day? - strikes me as a little suspicious.

UNVOTE

Lists can be useful. 

Rafay I have seen very little input from, so there's little to characterize him one way or another. His vote against KevinH has stayed in place for a while, unless I've missed something reading back. In so much as this game has any inactives, he and killgor dont seem to post very often. 

CoD, per above I'm wavering about him - when it takes this many votes to get a lynch, I'd be a little surprised if would scum pull away from a possible lynch unless it's for the other scum. If CoD is scum then Imran probably is too; we cannot say the reverse for certain since CoD-as-town would have no reason to unvote whether Imran is scum or not. 

Killgor - He's voted for Martino and just now jumped onto CoD (with Martino, ironically) with the shift in conversation. Given my current thoughts on CoD per above I might view Killgor with some additional suspicion. Right now he's got a single vote on him (EM) - and I'm not going to spread votes out to 4x2 just for the hell of it. But I'll be paying additional attention to his posts now. 

I dont think we need to confine ourselves to JUST the three players with 2 votes on them, but it is day 1 and we have to start somewhere. I'm contemplating Killgor as an alternative to Xarastier, but will watch for another few days to see where the conversation goes before finally placing my vote. 

-Preston

it's not a random vote preston. it's a vote designed to make others move.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2of4, newbie, mafia, dinosaur, open, op-03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter