Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[KH-13] Pie E7 Mafia - Town wins

open 7-player

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
Sorry I skimmed through most of page 3. But from what I get its alot of 2v2 discussion and why people are going for lynch/no lynch.

Neither has really added anything to my opinions. The 2v2 Mafia wins does solidify why I feel a D1 lynch is better this game. With that, it does bring to light an issue I don't think anyone mentioned. Maybe it's common sense or maybe its been missed. Does Cop come out D2 or do we risk a D3? Can someone do the math for this?

The only thing I would like to mention is I feel Canik is avoiding discussing SLMK. If they are both scum, is this his way of trying to stay distant? Lyner and Mandarijn casted votes, which Mandarijn took his off when a lynch got close. However, I don't think that would indicate any scum vibe as he just wanted the day to progress. I don't see TW putting a near lynch vote on the only other scum in the game if he is scum. Again I did skim through most this page so if I missed something, feel free to point it out.

Robert on the other hand has mentioned he doesn't want to get rid of such a new player. Not sure how I feel about this. If SLMK flips scum, It'd definitely be something to bring up but it does seem like an excuse. Especially granted most of us in larger games have that mentality to keep the newer guys a little longer, despite how we read them. I don't think a game this small we have that luxury though.

FoS Canik and Robert, pending how SLMK flips.

If SLMK flips town, I still feel we have a scum on the wagon. Whether Lyner who voted and kept his vote early, Mandarijn for removing his vote (trying to avoid being in the wagon) or even myself for being pretty vocal about SLMK being the lynch we go with.

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604
  • Squadron:Kilo

I want SLMK to give some opinions.

Him not speaking anything at this point might indicates that he gave up, which means scum tell.

I think it's a good time for SLMK to role claim now

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Canik

Canik

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 764 posts
  • Resources:

I was waiting for more from SLMK too. His last post wasn't very convincing, no one changed their minds afterwards I expected he would post more. Instead he's going inactive the past 2 days, that does make me more suspicious. He was so eager when the game started..

If we still have 4 more days we should take advantage of them though. Lyner is someone I had a little suspicion of since he posted D1 due to this line:

Some possible
plans(supposing we mislynch VT on day 1): 1. Cop comes out today and doc
will protect him. Roleblocker will block the cop and the other scum
will kill other people. Could be a mind game where the doc target other
people than cop as well.

He seems like he's trying to help but this was a very bad proposal that may have messed town up had we relied on it since the Mafia could just roleblock the doctor and kill the cop.

If SLMK does turn up town I'd be very wary of Lyner. If anyone is scum on that wagon I would be inclined to bet it's him. KH would be a very close 2nd with how quiet he's been but the post he just made was pretty good. Even tho he threw some suspicion my way, I don't blame him I can see the logic behind it. TW, it was a little strange how he went from knowing we had to lynch by D2 to not knowing but other than that he's been very town IMO.

That would make either Mandi or Robert the 2nd scum. Neither have done much to help. They either don't want to vote for their scum teammate or don't want to be on the wagon if MK's turns up town. Though the same could be said for me I guess, except I've been much more helpful. :)

Since we still have 4 days left I'm going to put my vote on Lyner maybe that will help stir the pot.

Vote Lyner

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

Vote Count:

Supreme Leader MK (3): Lyner, King Hitler, The Warrior,
Lyner (2): Supreme Leader MK, Canik,
The Warrior (0):
King Hitler (0):
Canik (0):
Mandarijn (0)
Robert2424 (0)

No Lynch (0):

Not voting: Robert2424, Mandarijn,

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch, or 2 at deadline.
Deadline is noon EST on Monday, September 5, 2016

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275
OK,I was down internet wise for last 2 days,so I couldn't turn up.

Canik's argument that TW can be fishy is probable.

My safe bet as scum would be KH,Lyner or TW.
KH cause he is trying to kick the wagon on me quite vocally.
Lyner for earlier reasons and fact that he is posting less by the day.
TW for reason stated above.and for actively supporting KH in his venture on my wagon.

I can say one thing for certain,I am not a PR.
I can't say I am not scum cause most of you wouldn't believe it even if tried to.

TW for reason stated above.and for actively supporting KH in his venture on my wagon.

I can't say I am not scum cause most of you wouldn't believe it even if tried to.

"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:

I was waiting for more from SLMK too. His last post wasn't very convincing, no one changed their minds afterwards I expected he would post more. Instead he's going inactive the past 2 days, that does make me more suspicious. He was so eager when the game started..

If we still have 4 more days we should take advantage of them though. Lyner is someone I had a little suspicion of since he posted D1 due to this line:

Some possible
plans(supposing we mislynch VT on day 1): 1. Cop comes out today and doc
will protect him. Roleblocker will block the cop and the other scum
will kill other people. Could be a mind game where the doc target other
people than cop as well.

He seems like he's trying to help but this was a very bad proposal that may have messed town up had we relied on it since the Mafia could just roleblock the doctor and kill the cop.

You can do better than this, Canik.

First off, your reasoning is wrong, on that particular plan only COP roleclaims, and the doc is to stay hiding. Therefore scum can't roleblock the doc with a certainty.

Secondly, you're nitpicking again. Can we have your opinions on the rest of my plans?

Anyway you're correct that it's not optimal as scums could decide to roleblock the revealed cop and just random kill another player. Therefore I propose the second plan, nobody paid it a mind though. -_-

Back to the topic SLMK, interesting that he claimed that he's not a PR instead of just outrightly saying he's a Vanilla Townie. Or perhaps I'm just reading too much. Anyway he's a safe choice today, and if anybody have qualms about it he/she should bring it up right now like Canik did.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067

I am not actively supporting anyone with my vote on you. I am voting for you because you appear to be the scummiest person to me at this point. All of your actions have cast suspicion on you. 

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
Well,you seem sort of leaking atm.
But people ain't turning against you for some reason.
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Canik

Canik

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 764 posts
  • Resources:

You can do better than this, Canik. First off, your reasoning is wrong, on that particular plan only COP roleclaims, and the doc is to stay hiding. Therefore scum can't roleblock the doc with a certainty. Secondly, you're nitpicking again. Can we have your opinions on the rest of my plans? Anyway you're correct that it's not optimal as scums could decide to roleblock the revealed cop and just random kill another player. Therefore I propose the second plan, nobody paid it a mind though. -_-

Ah okay, I thought you wanted cop & doc to BOTH roleclaim. Only cop roleclaiming wouldn't be as bad, but still not a great plan since like you said scum could roleblock him and kill someone else.

The rest of your plans:

2. A brave VT pretends to be a cop and follow plan 1 above. Highly recommended to troll the scums. :P

3. Each of us point out one name we would want to target if we're the

cop, since might be useful for cop's consideration? (I think we did
something like this some past games ago?)

4. Go conventional and hope the doc and cop is a better players than the scums'

2 - Makes more sense now that you clarified Doc would stay in hiding. Could be a really good plan, unfortunately talking about it makes it less effective. If someone claimed cop right after that it would too obvious.

3 - Does seem like this could help a bit and I'm not seeing any drawbacks to it.

4 - This isn't really a plan so much as it is the absence of a plan.

None of that is condemning and plan 3 could be helpful, I think we should do it before the day ends. However it still doesn't confirm you're town though so you'll have to excuse me for 'nitpicking'. It didn't help that after I started criticizing some of it and very little time had passed you said, ""I agree with Manda, there is no need to over analyze this setup and let's start the stabbings."

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595

I get why you would want to give new players the benefit of the doubt but if they're scummy, they're scummy. It's fine if we wait a few more days to actually lynch but in the meantime we need everyone to talk. Otherwise there is no point in waiting. Anyone who isn't actively talking and scum hunting will have their suspicion level increased.

I do agree if somebody dose feel scummy, you should place your vote upon them. I didn't say I wasn't going to end up placing my vote on him after the day is nearing a close, but I don't see time to rush it and I try not to get things too personal in mafia and everybody with a clean slate. So, somebody who's inexperenced I tend to see them lash out in ways experienced players won't. It dose seem that way in this game. 

Sorry I skimmed through most of page 3. But from what I get its alot of 2v2 discussion and why people are going for lynch/no lynch.

Neither has really added anything to my opinions. The 2v2 Mafia wins does solidify why I feel a D1 lynch is better this game. With that, it does bring to light an issue I don't think anyone mentioned. Maybe it's common sense or maybe its been missed. Does Cop come out D2 or do we risk a D3? Can someone do the math for this?

The only thing I would like to mention is I feel Canik is avoiding discussing SLMK. If they are both scum, is this his way of trying to stay distant? Lyner and Mandarijn casted votes, which Mandarijn took his off when a lynch got close. However, I don't think that would indicate any scum vibe as he just wanted the day to progress. I don't see TW putting a near lynch vote on the only other scum in the game if he is scum. Again I did skim through most this page so if I missed something, feel free to point it out.

Robert on the other hand has mentioned he doesn't want to get rid of such a new player. Not sure how I feel about this. If SLMK flips scum, It'd definitely be something to bring up but it does seem like an excuse. Especially granted most of us in larger games have that mentality to keep the newer guys a little longer, despite how we read them. I don't think a game this small we have that luxury though.

FoS Canik and Robert, pending how SLMK flips.

If SLMK flips town, I still feel we have a scum on the wagon. Whether Lyner who voted and kept his vote early, Mandarijn for removing his vote (trying to avoid being in the wagon) or even myself for being pretty vocal about SLMK being the lynch we go with.

Please, no more skimming. 

If thats the best you can get with me to make me look scummy, your trying to hard. I've always try to do this. I can only be me 

I will admit Canik should talk more about SLMK, he is at L-1. I'm not sure if he's avoiding or he having tunnel vision towards another person. 

Well,you seem sort of leaking atm.
But people ain't turning against you for some reason.

Leaking? what is that suppose to mean? also, why did you just put people who are voting for you on your suspect list? Theres only two scum. therefore you seem certain they are both voting for you right now? Do you see any indication or clues that 2 people are on a team and you don't suspect anybody who's not already voting for you? 

A wagon has formed on Lyner now. and he's at L-2. I do admit I'm a bit weary of Lyner also, but I have different reasons to suspect lyner. He more like a wild card this game. Even threatening to place pressure on TW witch was very interesting. I honestly don't know what he's going to do next or what he's going to say. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:

Never said that you not wanting to lynch SLMK was a scum move, but it is worth noting that if he flips scum, you hesitated to vote him. If it wasn't you in that spot, wouldn't you agree?

I feel the same way about lynching new players, but as I stated, I don't believe we can afford that luxury this game.

Model Nations

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:

However it still doesn't confirm you're town though so you'll have to excuse me for 'nitpicking'. It didn't help that after I started criticizing some of it and very little time had passed you said, ""I agree with Manda, there is no need to over analyze this setup and let's start the stabbings."

I specifically stated the "nitpicking" part to point out that it is a scummy move from you.

The only reason I said there is no need to over analyze since all the plans you guys thought of since I last posted aren't decisive, and at the ends we just end up with "each plans have pros and cons" and Manda the good guy stated the logical conclusion: "in the end it comes down to our discussion and accusations". Totally agreed with that and here we are now.

Anyway speaking of BAD plans, the one who thought that town is better off mass roleclaiming wass you yourself, Canik

This seems to
boil down to two options I think. Scenario 1: If we mass roleclaim, it
could narrow down our chances of hitting scum from 7/2 to 5/2, which
aren't bad odds. The only thing is if the scum know who the cop &
doctor are, what's stopping them from roleblocking the doctor and
killing the cop? We would HAVE to lynch today in this scenario, and hope
we got lucky. If we kill the roleblocker then town will almost
certainly win. If we miss, town will almost certainly lose. (Unless
roleblocker can't use his power + the factional kill but I think they
can) Scenario 2: If we don't mass roleclaim then it seems we should not
lynch. For one, if we try to lynch we're just going to force roleclaims
anyway. For two, we won't know who the town PRs are. There is just as
good a chance we hit them as hitting scum. So we no lynch, cop will
probably survive the night and be able to confirm someone's alignment
tomorrow. However he'll only have a 2 in 7 chance of investigating scum
so there's a good chance he'll just be able to confirm 1 town.

Out of the two scenarios, you told us the first one is better? Kind of ironic since you attacked my plan, which is almost identical with yours(worse actually, since you misunderstood my actual plan) :)

FoS Canik

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Canik

Canik

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 764 posts
  • Resources:

I specifically stated the "nitpicking" part to point out that it is a scummy move from you.

What you call nitpicking, I call investigating. Should we not mention things we find suspicious unless most things they said were suspicious?

The only reason I said there is no need to over analyze since all the plans you guys thought of since I last posted aren't decisive, and at the ends we just end up with "each plans have pros and cons" and Manda the good guy stated the logical conclusion: "in the end it comes down to our discussion and accusations". Totally agreed with that and here we are now.

Um, no? At the end we ended up with "Lynching is clearly and decisively better" thanks to the analysis. I agree discussion and accusations are important, which is why I accused you and continued the discussion but we had time for both and the analysis has been helpful. You are spewing revisionist history that borders on straight up lying. People were only unsure early on but now I think everyone agrees we should lynch D1.

Anyway speaking of BAD plans, the one who thought that town is better off mass roleclaiming wass you yourself, Canik
Out of the two scenarios, you told us the first one is better? Kind of
ironic since you attacked my plan, which is almost identical with
yours(worse actually, since you misunderstood my actual plan) :)

The problem I had with yours was that it seemed to lead town to believe cop would survive. Which if Doc stayed hidden then he probably would but you were not real clear on that. You also made a point against lynching D1. If we ended up mass roleclaiming + no lynch that definitely would've been bad for town. Or even if cop just claimed and we no lynched.

Your remarks left the potential for town to choose a very bad path. My scenarios were detailed, accounted for everything and I show the math behind it. Mass roleclaiming is not a bad idea if you do it right. Mass roleclaiming would immediately increase our chance of lynching scum from 28.5% to 40%, unless a scum tried claiming a town PR but that would make our chances 50/50.

You know I was still far from convinced you were actually scum. I just wanted to take advantage of our time and apply some pressure but the dishonest twisting on the analyze has me thinking I may be on the right track. I'll keep my vote where it is for the time being.

Oh and -

Back to the
topic SLMK, interesting that he claimed that he's not a PR instead of
just outrightly saying he's a Vanilla Townie. Or perhaps I'm just
reading too much. Anyway he's a safe choice today, and if anybody have
qualms about it he/she should bring it up right now like Canik did.

I didn't bring up any qualms about it.

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

Vote Count:

The Warrior (0):
King Hitler (0):
Canik (0):
Mandarijn (0)
Robert2424 (0)

No Lynch (0):

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Mandarijn

Mandarijn

The Orange One

• Vault: Leadership
  • 20,057 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:268021
  • Souls Baptized:2,124,729

So tomorrow is the day, SLMK any last words that could help us if you turn up as a townie?

ew

mandarijn juice

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067
I was hoping that he'd have something else to say to defend himself or at least give us some helpful thoughts moving forward.

Assuming SLMK turns up scum:

-If we are lucky enough that he is the roleblocker the game is basically over. The cop can investigate tonight and only a lucky target by the last remaining scum can prevent him from returning a result.
-The cop could roleclaim on day 2 if he wants to and present his night 1 investigation result. If he found the last scum, game over we win. If he found a townie we would at least have a confirmed townie and would know that we don't need to look at them any further. The doctor could then protect the cop on night two so that he can get in at least a second investigation.

If SLMK somehow turns out to be town:

-We will be in much worse shape but won't be out of it yet.
-The cop should investigate someone that they believe is suspicious. Whether that is someone on SLMK's wagon or not is up to him of course.
-Day 2 we are going to really have to dig in and pressure people and hope that our cop got a helpful result in night 1.
Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
Vote Count:

The Warrior (0):
King Hitler (0):
Canik (0):
Mandarijn (0)
Robert2424 (0)

No Lynch (0):

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
Well,I guess my game is over today unless someone withdraw their vote.

I can't say who is scum cause I am not one.

And I think someone on my wagon is scum.

And get ready to be in a much worse state because TW's second scenario is going to be true.

And most probably scum will win,cause night they will Kill a townie, most probably TW cause he is the most visible townie unless he is scum.or doc find him.
If TW isn't killed tonight then he is highly likely to be a scum.
So look out.

And me and one other townie will be gone by D2,so Town down to 3.
So we get a ratio of 3 Town to 2 mafia.

And D2,one person will be lynched.
So 2 scenarios.
1)lynchee is a scum
Then at night one townie killed.
So at D3 ratio is 2 town to 1 mafia.
And if you mislynch then,mafia wins.

2)lynchee is town.
Then one townie down at night.
So at D3 ratio is 1 town to 2 mafia.
Mafia wins.

So if you lynch me, just be careful.

And remember that I warned you.

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Mandarijn

Mandarijn

The Orange One

• Vault: Leadership
  • 20,057 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:268021
  • Souls Baptized:2,124,729

Meh, let's end it then. :P

Vote: SLMK

ew

mandarijn juice

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:

Meh, let's end it then. :P

Vote: SLMK

And there is the hammer!

Isn't The Warrior suppose to be the one to drop the hammer though?

Model Nations

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: open, 7-player